NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

3.3

I really like this product. I'm asian so for those of you who have mono lids, hopefully this will help! I find that this base keeps a hold of my eyeshadow very well for quite a few hours. It does crease, but only after about 5-6 hours. My tip would be to apply urban decay primer potion before applying this and it should work better! I would definitely purchase this again. It is not costly and it's worth what i pay. I recommend it.

on 1/15/2012 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I think this is a good eyeshadow base. Everytime I use it, my eyeshadow pops and looks great. I apply this after using udpp and then use my eyeshadow. I've never seen my matte or baked shadows pop until using this. This is definitely a keeper.

on 12/23/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff sucks. In my opinion, it is repackaged concealer. It creases and does nothing to prevent shadows from bleeding and fading. I'm still a fan of NYX though, just not this product.

on 12/19/2011 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Bought this without realising it's a BASE not a primer. Read up and have found it's actually what I need. I use Too Faced Shadow insurance which is colourless on me but NYX base covers my veiny lids for a great base. Good vibrancy improvement, so cheap. I don't love the pots but it's great for the price.

on 12/12/2011 5:41:00 PM

I was looking for a cheap eye shadow base and came across this one. It works good for a short period of time maybe 6 hours top then my eye shadows start to crease and fade. I wouldn't buy it again but for the price its worth it.

on 10/23/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I have all three of the NYX bases and I like them all. I think people give it less stars because they are using it wrong, or they compare it to UDPP or Shadow Insurance (which I personally don't like), but it is not comparable to those because they are two different products. The NYX is a base...not a primer. No...it is not the same thing. Primers help to smooth out the surface that you are using it on...a base helps the shadows stick and be more vibrant. If you use the primer of your choice, (I like UDPP, Ruby Kisses *dupe for UDPP*, or Lorac), then apply the NYX base, I think that you will like it. It gets 5 stars from me...

PS. I am a freelance MUA who has been in the game over 10 yrs. (Just an FYI) :-)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I'm not sure that this isn't just concealer repackaged and re-marketed as an eyeshadow base because that's exactly what it seems like to me. It's way too greasy to be a good ES base, even if you only use the smallest amount. It didn't make my shadow last any longer although it did make it a tiny bit more vibrant. However, I still don't see any difference at all between this product and a concealer. Furthermore, the color is pretty dark and VERY yellow-toned which looks freaky on my fair, cool-toned skin.

I do use it occasionally when I'm really tired to neutralize some of the purple on my lids but then again, I can do the exact same thing with concealer.

on 9/20/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the packaging, I like the product and for the price it is soooo worth it. This little beauty was one of my first e/s bases and I love it. Sometimes it can be a bit stiff - you just need to let your finger warm it up a bit. It ever creases and suits my skin beautifully. It also keeps my eyeshadows on and provides a great canvas to work with. I have had mine over a year and there is still a ton left!

on 9/19/2011 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

These are fantastic! Super creamy and doesn't look cakey or crease. Makes my eyeshadow really pop and keeps them their till I want to remove them! These are soo worth the purchase, I also have this in the White and Pearl as well.
I sometimes just wear this alone, just the colour alone gives my eye lids that naked and bright/refresh look.

on 8/4/2011 4:28:00 PM

This product is not bad....they really shouldn't call it skin tone as not everyone's skin tone is the color of this product. I know it is a bit dark for me. It does keep my shadow on all day but I can't use it with certain colors as it will show through. Best to use it with neutral colors such as browns, tans and golds. I do think it works very well as a base. I just wish it was lighter.

Top Rated NYX Products