September 17, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like some Nyx products but not this one. I bought it as a cheap option for a primer. You might as well use concealer as a base. This is skin colored and people with oily lids might like it because it does prevent oily lids. I have dry lids and this was uncomfortable on them. It didn't do much to intensify or add ease to blending my shadows. I also don't like having to dip my finger in the jar although you could use a brush. Please go out and the e.l.f. one it works much better and it's the one I'm using currently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Foua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love when using this, I can still easily blend my eyeshadow.
Does not crease, i have normal skin type f.y.i.
The amount goes a long way.
...Use a certain brush, instead of a finger, small enough to dig in the pot and with the right tip to apply onto the lid.
This is a staple out of my make up stash.
I bought this for $3.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Meg14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is way too dark for me to be skin tone, it changes the color of my lighter eyeshadow and creases even more than just plain eyeshadow (no base). If you have oily lids, like me, this is terrible, it may work better of you have dry lids. Personally I'd rather spend the extra $ on UD primer potion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by rwarrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great base, definitely makes eyeshadows stand out more. It doesn't hold up for as long as I'd like it to, but will get me through a work day or through a night. Fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this base, alternating with other primers and bases I have to see which one works best and with which eyeshadows. This one is not bad. Surprisingly, this base seems to work really well with my Mac eyeshadows. I have oily eyelids that tend to crease. I also have allergies and often times have issues with watery eyes. So far, so good. I like how the base in skin tone evens out the color of the lid. Like another reviewer mentioned, I don't believe it makes shadows brighter but I think it definitely helps the colors show up true to shade and it helps the product adhere to the lid. I like the consistency. It is not too thick and not to thin and easily blends out on the lid with a brush or your ring finger. The price was pretty good considering the amount of product you get versus how much you use. I purchased mine when it was 40% off. I will see how well this continues to works once it is at the peak of summer with blazing heat and sun exposure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a review before, but after using this for months and months, I decided to write one again.

I've really come to enjoy this product. I've never had an eye primer, but this does a decent job. It doesn't perfect it, but having oily lids and my eyeshadow lasting through most of the day, I really do like it. I'm sure once I get a primer, it will be awesome.

For some reason, it's much darker than in the pictures. It's the average skin tone, but I have light skin, so if it's not covered, it sucks, but I'm not complaining too much.

I've also discovered a good use for this. Right now I'm using it as my dark eye concealer. I'm only 19, but I've had horrible dark circles under my eyes ever since I was 13. I ran out of concealer and bought two others which I lost and I didn't have enough money to get a new one, so I put this on. I have to "set" it quickly because it will get into the bags underneath my eyes and crease, but I feel like it does a decent job because when days I don't use it, I notice I look horrible.

If you're looking to start out, or don't want to pay a lot, I think this would be great for you. It's not a miracle product, but once I run out, I WILL be purchasing this again.

PS: My mom found out I was using this and borrowed it, and never gave it back. My mom NEVER does that. She has her HG items and never likes to try something, so the fact that she did that says something a little :P

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cheriesummer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you plan on using this as a base to mute out ur eyelid color, its awesome, and has a great smooth texture, but if you have fairly greasy eyelids you will need a primer under it, it will crease like crazy in a few hours if not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As another reviewer said: there is a difference between a primer and base. I still have to use a primer (I use UDPP in Eden) to prevent creasing, but this makes a nice base. It is matte and pigmented so it creates a good primed canvas for colors. (I imagine that the new Stila Prime Pots give a similar finish and plan on getting during the next Ulta sale to compare.) For those of you with super oily lids that seem to crease not matter what, the combo of this and UDPP in Eden have been the most crease proof I have tried. This still occassionally creases on me, but it is way more budgeproof (yes, that's word) than MAC paint pots. For $5 - $6, give it a try.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahdams

I reach for this e/s base when I swatch e/s or am having a casual day. A little goes a long way, and if you use too much your e/s will crease either immediately or sooner in the day. I don't care for the skin tone color, it is too dark/yellow for me. However, it redeems itself by really making colors stand out, although it does crease easily. I would suggest using a primer before this base, it makes it last a lot longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good base. It keeps my shadows staying on all day long and brightens the colors. The only thing is that it is a little too dark for my skin tone. I usually apply primer all over the lid up to the brow bone but with this I only wear it on the eye lid and the crease. When I put it all over the lid I felt like it was competing with the other shadows. So I don't usually use this for every color. I mainly use this for when im wearing dark colors or browns because it does a great job of bringing out the browns and I absolutely love it for that. I also like it just by itself. Sometimes I just use this on the lid and crease and a little white eye liner and it makes a natural look. So overall I would recommend this if you are looking for a good color base and if you have darker olive skin or yellow undertones.