October 31, 2014 | 903 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like how smoothly this primer goes on. You really don't need more than a dot or two of primer per eyelid because it's thin and sheer. Those complaining that it's too oily may be putting too much on. Overall, it makes even the worst eyeshadows stay on for hours and it blends well for all skin colors. I mean it's a dollar-you won't be losing much if you find that you don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

This is the worst E.L.F. product I have tried. This primer was oily on my eyelids and made my eyeshadow crease faster than if I had no primer on again. I ended up tossing this after a few unsuccessful attempts with it. For $1 though I didn't mind! Definitely worth trying to see if it works for you for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by jshuipetitefille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why some people have bad reviews about this product; but then again not all products are suitable for everyone. I live in Singapore where it's so hot and humid all year round. On top of that, I need to work under the heat and I need to commute so much during the day. Without primer, my eyeshadow disappears after 3 hours max. I use cheap eyeshadow - I am currently using Sephora. However, with this primer, it can last me more than 8 hours. That's already impressive for me, and I know I don't have to go and spend all my money on an Urban Decay primer that's too expensive for what it is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this primer. I read wonderful reviews, claiming that this was a steal. However, it must have some kind of irritant in the formula because it broke me out into a nasty red rash. I've tried this numbers of times, thinking it may be some other product that caused the nasty rash on my eyelid, but the common denominator is always this product. I even tried putting this on one eyelid and my UDPP on another, and the ELF always broke me out.

I've had a number of ELF products I've loved (their Blush/Bronzing Cream, HD Powder, pro brushes), but sadly, this did not cut it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bleeck! This sux! I grabbed one of these at Target bc my fave youtube beauty guru swore by it-tisk tisk... This stuff is REALLY sticky. Uncomfortably so. It also will not hold shadow or prevent creasing. While only a buck, it was still a waste of money. I will stick with my trusted Urban Decay primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

Aaand I just bought my second tube.

Sneaky, but it made even those awfully powdery ELF eyeshadows stay put! (I realize they're not all bad, but if you have any of their lemons, you know what I mean.) So normal eyeshadows definitely stay put. I develop oily eyelids throughout the day, and kept having creases in my makeup on a regular basis. I also dance, which means twice as many products on my face + more sweat during competitions. Between the two occasions, I definitely get my $1's worth. And now that I'm thinking about the price, I really think I would be willing to pay significantly more for this if need be. (Don't get any ideas, ELF.)

(Pro tip: Since these kinds of containers are not particularly conducive to getting ALL the product out, remove the rubber stopper from the top when you're nearly out. Suddenly, product!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever used. I am a redhead with freckles (on my eyelids) and feel as though this helps create a more even palette in which to apply my eyeshadow. Sometimes I use a base, but this is great and quicker. Eyeshadows seem to last a bit longer when using this too. ELF's prices cannot be beat. Currently, I'm using the eyeshadow primers that came with my Naked 3, and am excited to see how they compare.. Definitely would purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Gb84

you can't wrong with this $1.00 eye primer It works great.. I use this as an eyeshadow primer but also under my eye before applying concealer & this helps a lot to prevent the concealer to settle into my fine lines & creasing .. I think E.L.F has good quality products & for the price..... i have purchased this a few times already & will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Mandy1803

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like it! It doesn't do much as a base but it's not supposed to, I don't think. I have combination skin, and find my makeup melts off and eyeshadow creases. Not with this though. I'd Definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Andiealger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the rave reviews on MUA I was excited to try this product.
At first I didn't really have a problem with it, although it felt a bit dry going onto my lids. However as I continued using it, I noticed my eyeshadow creasing and my eyelids began to dry out uncomfortably.

I want to add that I'm Asian and although I do have eyelids, my lid space is quite small and eyeshadow will crease more often than those with larger eyelid space.

All in all, what did not work for me might work for some of you! You really can't beat the price or accessibility. I just want to warn those with eyes like mine that this might not be the product for you.