July 22, 2014 | 1117 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best products I have ever purchased. I use it quite differently, though. I hate foundation, but need some coverage. I like MUFE Face & Body but it is rather expensive and I have yet to get a color that I can use. So, I take Flesh #4, mix with pure Aloe Vera Gel, and create my own foundation. You can also use your own moisturizer. It works fantastic. It takes such a tiny bit with 3 - 5 parts Aloe or moisturizer. You can then make it slightly more concentrated to go over areas around your nose or anywhere you need more coverage. I also use it under eyes diluted with Aloe Vera Gel or under eye cream, and I use it full strength if I need it as a super duper concealer.

I have been using this itsy bitsy tiny tube, it stays clean, doesn't take up much room - and now 6 months the tube is not even 1/2 gone.

I suppose I could go buy the MAC face and body (huge amount - much of it is water), but this is small, doesn't need shaking, easy to use - it rocks over MUFE Face and Body and MAC, on a price by price comparison and produces the same results.

Can't say enough about how great this product is. I hate foundation, it dries out my skin, never is the right color --- and here in one tiny itsy bitsy tube is the answer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer, I got it as a sample, and used it under my eyes, I know ur not supposed to because its too dry for undereyes, it covers my dark circles soooo well, but it is too dry for undereyes. I don't have acne or scars to use it on my face, but if I had, im sure I would use this, because its sooo pigmented

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this product a two different times, but I think it's just okay. The reason purchased it twice is because I thought maybe I just got a bad batch of product or I just wasn't using the product correctly. Nothing special, especially for the high price tag. I expected this product to go above and beyond based on all of the hype, but It didn't WOW me.
Pros: It is a good medium coverage so it can cover hyper pigmentation, under eye circles (I've heard, but I don't dare to use this under my eyes because my under eye skin is so dry), and slight redness. There's so much product in the tube and you barely have to use any product to cover your imperfections, so it will last you a long time. The shade range is fantastic, but it does oxidize to one shade darker. I'm shade 5 I think and I'm a NC20 in Mac. The squeeze tube makes this product really sanitary.
Cons: It doesn't cover my massive and bright red blemishes; which is what I mostly use it for. It does wonders for my acne scars though because they don't require that much coverage. It wears off my face throughout the day, and I have dry-combination skin (just a slightly oily T-zone. Lastly the price tag is just to high for the product itself. I won't be buying this product a third time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by yellowkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice concealer in a great squeeze tube. I was happy to find this 15 ml or 0.5 oz makeupforever full cover waterproof concealer in shade 6 which is very similar to my shu uemura pro concealer ( discontinued plastic flip up rectangle box version ). I always have to lightly moisturize under my eyes before applying little dots of concealer to mask my under eye darkness and redness around my nose or any blemish. Using a small brush or finger to pat it and blend immediately and don't use too much. I do notice that I do need to brush to buff out or pat a tiny bit more on after 5 hours just like my old shu concealer. I don't expect concealers to be budge proof. I'm impressed with the consistency, coverage, packaging, ease of use, and most important of all the color match to my asian skin tone. For reference I am shiseido 020, Revlon colorstay buff, Shu uemura 764. Update: i still love this, i moisturize well before using this to cover eye circles and redness around nose. If you think this formula is too dry you should try Shiseido natural finish cream concealer for more creamy consistency. I have the 2 light medium shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by demetra02

This is the only concealer I use. I only use it on my dark spots from acne scars, not under eyes since it is too thick. After my foundation, I put this on the spots that were not covered and it works wonders. You only need a small amount and it covers a huge are. My colour is 12 and it matches very well with my foundation and skin. I use it every day. This was the only product I used when I went on vacation to Goa and it stayed on in that humid weather from morning til night and even when I went to the beach, it didn't wash off which I loved. Even if you want to touch up your makeup, the packaging is small and great to put in your bag if needed. This is one of my HG products, I always have it with me whenever I travel.

The only downside is the price which is around $40 for a small tube, which is expensive for a concealer, but with the coverage you get it is completely worth it.

I would definitely recommend this product. I would get a sample from Sephora first before buying it so you can see what a dream product this is.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by halinagimik93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product seems to garner rave reviews from the beauty world but for some reason, I didn't quite get on with it. I wanted to love it - I really did. Especially with the hefty price tag. I did like the packaging, the nozzle was small & it was easy to control the amount of product needed. Coverage was full, true to its claim. Unfortunately, for my relatively pale NC15-NC20 skintone, I couldn't find a perfect colour match. The shade selection in Singapore is quite limited so I got the lightest shade 3 which seemed like a perfect match, however, immediately this product oxidises and becomes ORANGE on me. Instead of concealing my blemishes and spots, it makes them more stand out even more! Secondly, this product does not photograph well. It flashes back like Crazy, leaving me with little white spots in pictures!!!! Really odd considering it looks orange in person. And finally, powder products do not sit well on this concealer at all, it makes my blush look patchy and uneven. I have found a holy grail in Hard Candy Glamoflauge for a fraction of the price & it doesn't oxidise nor flashback!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Amandajudy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. It is a little expensive for me, but so much better than others I have found. I use it for blemishes AND undereye. It does get in creases some but I have tried a bunch of stuff and I would rather have a few creases that HUGE black bags! It lasts pretty consistently over the course of the day. It covers the acne scars in my cheeks well. I use it and then add a pressed powder. It has a nice finish and I have received a lot of positive compliments since using.

I have to admit that I have not tried the MAC line which ppl rave abt. BUT I prefer the tube packaging and putting it on with a concealer brush. So that is my only caveat.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer offers FULL coverage, which is what I was looking for. I use this under my eyes. I know it's "too heavy" for under my eyes, but people that say that don't have bad under eye circles! Mine are so bad... so I need a full coverage concealer for them. It does feel a bit heavy on the skin, and I do get a tad bit of creasing, even after setting with powder. But I'd rather have that than the dark circles, so I'm ok with the minor creases.

IMPORTANT: When trying on this product in store, let it dry for about 10 minutes, then look at the color again. This product dries a shade or two darker than what it looks like when you first put it on.

I really like this product, but I will probably try another full coverage concealer after this runs out, which will be a long time from now. A little bit goes a long way with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveTrooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this and ONLY this concealer for about four years. After gradually switching to only organic body and beauty products over the last two years, my mascara and this concealer were the only non-organic products left in my beauty bag. I have now replaced MUFE Full Cover with Dr. Hauschka's Cover Stick. While I was VERY skeptical about the staying power of organic make-up, my skin is so much better 1+ month later that I now firmly believe that MUFE Full Cover was behind my oft-clogged pores and skin woes. That being said...

MUFE Full Cover Pros:

- At first glance, this concealer is great value for what you actually spend per tube. My first tube lasted me two years (!), even with daily use on my undereye cycles and near-daily use on small blemishes.

- It covers quite well and really stays put. Very little or no re-application necessary during the day.

But...

MUFE Full Cover Cons:

- Do your body and skin a favor and RESEARCH what you are putting on/into it. If you understand the products you are using, you can make more informed decisions whether to splurge a bit more on organic products or whether you are satisfied with the value of your current product. Many of the ingredients in this concealer are made from petroleum, synthetic or products that are otherwise unduly tested for long-term safety. Ingredients: Water, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, isododecane,cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, polyethylene, microcrystaline cellulose, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, sodium myristoyl glutamate, silica dimethyl silylate, magnesium sulfate, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, propylene carbonate, propylparaben, octyldodecyl myristate, capparis spinosa fruit extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, allantoin, tetrasodium edta. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

- After switching to Dr. Hauschka's Cover Stick, my pores are hardly ever clogged and when I do get a break-out, it's smaller, contained and heals much, much faster (one day instead of, say, four or five for all redness to disappear) The DH Cover Stick does not have quite the staying power that MUFE Full Cover provides, but it is such a high-quality concealer and my skin has cleared up so much that I will never look back. Since nothing else in my skincare routine/diet/lifestyle has changed, I am convinced that MUFE Full Cover was more the problem than the cure.

Each person and complexion is different, of course, and this review only reflects my personal experience, but if you are shopping for a new concealer, I urge you to do your research and give organic (and your body!) a chance. Some high-quality brands that contain safe, natural products beside Dr. Hauschka include INIKA, RMS Beauty, Living Nature, Vapour Organic Beauty and Suki.

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

Wow! Hands down the best concealer I've ever tried. I've repurchased this 4 times already. My skin looks so flawless when I use this. A little goes a very long way. Yes, it's expensive ($32) but it lasts me forever so it's worth the money. Nothing compares to this concealer! It provides the fullest coverage and I just can't get enough!