TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 1/4/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome highlighter!!! You will fall in love with Mary-Lou. The perfect finishing touch to any makeup look - natural to dramatic. My makeup isn't complete without it! It's a light champage/golden color, a universally flattering shade that would look great on anyone. It gives that romantic, candle light glow. It's very shimmery, but the texture is so smooth and refined, it blends into the skin flawlessly with a pearlescent finish. It's great as an eyeshadow too - does not crease and brightens eyes. There is alot of product in the pan, and a little amount goes a long way. The packaging is sturdy and super cute, and the convenience of having a mirror is great for on the go touch-ups.

on 1/3/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- pigmented
- natural looking
- amount of product
- packaging

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: This is really pretty. I think I like this one more than Becca's Opal. I find this more pigmented. It's also more affordable with plenty of product. This will last you quite a while. The packaging is adorable and the finish is beautiful.

Will repurchase.

on 12/20/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is so gorgeous. I mix it with my bb cream to highlight my underyes and then set it with powder. I also put it on my cheek bones and it looks so so natural and it doesn't make me look shiny. it's perfect. it's the best highlighter I've come across. it's worth the price 100%!! it's a really beautiful colour and works perfectly with my olive toned skin.

EDIT: For the people who still find this too glittery-> How to remove any shimmer and glitter particles for just a natural dewy/glowing look:

STEP1. Apply this with a special highlighter brush or fan brush. Just very(!) lightly tap the brush onto the product and then on your cheekbones (bridge of nose etc.)
STEP2. Dab some liquid on top of it, I use sunscreen (or moisturiser).
This makes sure you won't see any glitter particles, that you would otherwise see in direct sunlight or bright artificial light. (Yay!)

LESS IS MORE with this product! If you apply it well it can give a very natural looking glow without glitters or shimmers. Your skin will look luminous, healthy and and lit from whitin.

Sometimes I brush some product on my handpalm and then mix it up with my moisturizer/sunscreen and apply to my whole face. This gives a very nice all over glow. If I don't use it with a liquid product on top fine glitter is visible, and that is not my preferred look.

However, this is still one of the least glittery powder highlighters I know of.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is an amazing highlighter. Finely milled, highly pigmented, blends easily. It is more golden toned rather than frosted. At first I worried it was too shimmery but after I applied it wasn't. It looks so natural and glowy-it doesn't accentuate oiliness or highlight skin problems. A small swipe is all you need, I paid $15 and it was well worth it.

on 12/11/2014 7:45:00 PM

I was really unimpressed with this product. I just didn't like how frosty and super yellow it was. It's not a horrible product but after so many glowing reviews I expected more. I have other more affordable products that I like better. If you have been lusting after this I would suggest to go to a sephora and see it in person before buying into the hype :)

on 12/11/2014 5:11:00 PM

Why no one has ever said this is almost the dupe to Kevyn Aucoin candellight highlighter. Two major differences- mary lou is more to the gold warm side, kevyn- to the cold beige side and its little more shinier but not too much. Another big diffference, kevyn is more silky and the texture is like super silky creamy. Mary is still perferctly soft but still not so silky as Kevyn. The girls with perfect skin will not feel difference. However, i have big pores and Mary Lou does luminize them and make pores visible. It just feels the product goes above the skin surface but not blend in. Kevyn in this terms is better, its silky texture let the product melt in skin. Hard ro choose, mary has more beautiful gold colour but settles in pores but kevyn has super amazing soft glow but for warmer skin tones the colour is too cold beige.

on 12/5/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a gorgeous product! I swatched it once and thought it would be too glittery, and bought the Becca SSP instead, what a silly mistake! I finally bought it and I am in love. It's easy to use and gives me a warm glow. I also adore it as an eyeshadow, it seems more pigmented on my lids, I don't know how but lovely.

on 12/5/2014 1:21:00 PM

Oh em G!!!! Buy this!! Buy ten! It's so nice and looks so glowy on my cheekbones. It looks like a glow from within. I used other highlighters that were cheaper from powder to liquid to a stick kind. This is the one. It's worth spending the extra $10. I got it on the cyber Monday sale though so it was literally $12. Woo. In love

on 12/2/2014 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this highlighter! It's the perfect shade for my light olive skin tone, it's such a fine shimmer that it gives the most beautiful dewy glow to the skin, and a little goes a long way. I also LOVE the packaging and the name. For the price, you get a huge amount of product. If I ever run out, I will be buying it again!

Top Rated TheBalm Products