April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sonia Kashuk - Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by agigitygoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros: This TM looks really natural and it's hydrated enough for my face since it's really dry and sensitive. A really good TM for a drugstore product. Long lasting. A plus for dry skin.

Cons: Had parabens and other harmful ingredients since i'm a natural freak, but a good base will do with that. Sensitive skin beware. I have to buy a second one to get the perfect shade.Poor colors selections

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I was getting the discontinued version, I was wondering how I bought a product with so many bad reviews. Anyway, when you cap the tube its not air tight and the product leaks into the cap. It doesn't break me out, the lightest shade matches my super white skin which is impossible to find these days and it looks pretty natural. The leaky cap is super annoying and probably not very hygienic which is why I won't buy it again. I think it might clog my pores
A rating from 0 - 5 is then determined for both the comedogenic and irritation value of each ingredient.
Cetearyl Alcohol - 2 - 2
Dimethicone - 1 - 0
Ethylhexyl Palmitate - 4 - 0
Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate 4 - 0
Carbomer - 0 - 1

thats just the ingredients I could find on http://www.dermaxime.com/acne-comedogenic-ingredients.htm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I really like this tinted moisteriser. It has just enough coverage so that I can throw it on and go with a light dusting of powder. It doesnt settle in my fine lines or the pores on my nose. I would buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by hMFdeeezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I was a little bit nervous to buy this TM because of all the reviews & that it would break me out & be really oily but honestly it wasn't! I have an oily T-zone & normal cheeks but if you lightly set it with powder its fine and doesn't look cakey! Its very light coverage but its perfect for my skin. I'm DEFINITELY going to buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

I read the reviews here and was definitely worried about the possibility of breakouts, but I figured that finding a good TM for under $20 was worth the risk, so I went ahead and bought this at Target.

I have to say, I really liked the product. The coverage was good, although a bit oily, and I definitely had to remove excess oil on my nose throughout the day. Still, it made my skin look nice, covered my redness better than most products, and generally evened things out, so I didn't mind the oil so much. It might have been moisturizing enough to use without a moisturizer underneath, but I did. Might be something to try if you have too much oil while using this.

Like others who have reviewed this, I broke out within a few days, and worse than I usually do when my skin reacts to products. I actually got little red pimples around my eye and on my EYELID. Not good. I didn't even know you could break out on your eyelid! I've used petroleum jelly as a moisturizer for my eyelids at night without breaking out, which should tell you something about how absolutely nasty this TM must be for skin. Needless to say, I discontinued use immediately. The bumps took weeks to fade away completely.

Basically, if your skin can stand up to absolutely any make-up you throw at it without flaring up, you might want to give this a try: it does make you look good. Anyone with sensitive skin should stay the heck away unless you want to be covering up red marks on your face for weeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I glow! I glow! Sonia certainly hit the ball out of the park with this one! This stuff has the perfect amount of coverage. Definitely my HG tinted moisturizer; I will most certainly be coming back to this one again and again. Also, with the light-reflecting factor it claims to have, I don't know how, but it completely blanks out any and all redness or tiny blemishes on my face, and just leaves it appearing dewy and fresh (oh, did I mention I don't even need to use concealer beforehand?). I don't have acne-prone skin anymore, just really irritated dry skin and redness, with a few blemishes here and there. I had been lemming over the Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer for quite some time, and purchased a tube of this magic last summer, and then forgot all about paying the $32 price tag for Stila. This....is...it. And I'm just now due for a repurchase, since its down to 3 or 4 more uses TOPS. It brightens up my complexion, and the shimmer in it is hardly noticable. My worst fear was that the 'glow' infused in this product would emphasize any little dry spots that I had, but it doesn't at all. It just blends seamlessly with my skin, like we were made for each other lol. Whenever I wore this (alone or with a little spot concealer for problem areas) complete strangers would come up to me and compliment me on my flawless, gorgeous complexion, even if I was having a 'bad skin' day that day. I never thought a tinted moisturizer could do that, but hey, I'll take it!

Lasts 6-8 hours when set with powder, doesn't leave the face looking shiny or oily at all (if you applied too much, then yes, it might). Formula is very lightweight, doesn't feel heavy in the slightest. I've never gotten breakouts from using this, nor did it cause my pores to clog. Packaging on this one gets two thumbs wayy down. It tends to leak into the cap, and I mean A LOT of product gets down there, to the point of it being wasteful. On another note, off to Target tomorrow to make a repurchase! Yay!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

I've been intrigued by this product for a while, but I was hesitant to purchase it because of the reviews- particularly on the product's effect on skin. I have combination/fairly sensitive skin and most foundations cause me to break out. Despite some others' disappointment with breakouts, I haven't had any. Not a single one in 3 weeks! I guess I'm just lucky.
Here's how I feel about this tinted moisturizer:
The formula is great- I love the texture of it. It's light without feeling watery. Creates a very smooth surface, and it's buildable, too. I'll usually apply all over, wait a minute, then do another thin layer on my chin where I have some acne scars, and set it with loose powder. The coverage is perfect! Unlike a foundation, this doesn't look mask-like at all- it just looks like I have great skin. Very natural and pretty with just the right amount of "glow". Speaking of the radiance part- this is not glittery, it is just perfectly dewy.
Loving this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because there's another review thread that has this product very highly rated. I didn't see this one review thread.... *sigh* I should have realized it wasn't the same anymore because the packaging has changed - and obviously the formula, too. I am not happy with anything about this product. This comes in four tints: Fair, Linen, Beige and Tan. I got the beige which is very, very yellow and light. Not as depicted on the tube. Radiant? I assumed that a product named "Radiant" would be slightly illuminating, but it's very matte. And to me one of the benefits of a good TM is that the pigment doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles to accentuate them. This product does. Every pore, wrinkle and wrinkle is more visible. And I have crepiness that I didn't even notice until I put this on my face. I don't find this TM "moisturizing" - it's got the texture of a watery pigment. It's much more like a light foundation than a TM. And not a flattering one...

EDITED TO ADD: Why, oh why do companies mess with what works?! When you read the reviews for the old formula, it seems like aside from the packaging, it was great.

I've really tried to give this product a shot, but it's a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

My skin cleared up and I didn't need much coverage anymore and I wanted my skin to breath. I've been a loyal user of mineral foundation but even that was getting too heavy for me. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and this was featured as a favorite in the vids so I decided to give it a go. This was about $12-$13 at Target, came in a squeeze tube with a twist off top. Now packaging could be better. The top doesn't really help with keeping the foundation inside the tube. Kind of leaks=\ It would be awesome if it came with a pump instead. As for the formula, it's really nice. Evens out my complexion with out feeling heavy and cakey. I still set with a mattifying powder (Rimmel Stay Matte). I have oily semi-sensitive skin and got no breakouts from this. Overall a great tinted moisturizer, I did pretty good for it being my first one. I wish it was a little cheaper but I will most likely re-purchase:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ashleyyyx702

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best TM ever!!! It gives me nice finish without it looking to noticeable and cakey.I had this for about 2 months and I wear to school everyday and it lasted in the gym.It last a good 8 hours. I have this in tan and I'm nc35-nc42 in MAC.