Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 3/14/2013 2:10:00 AM

My full review with images is here: http://saidinsilence.com/2013/03/14/essie-mint-candy-apple-review/

I LOVE this color. I think it's perfect for spring. It applies really thick, so you don't have to apply coat after coat after coat. 1-2 coats is sufficient. Love it. Chips like every other polish I've ever used. I work in retail, so the second I'm fishing for change, is the second I get a chip in my polish. Still, I love it, and the color is fab.

Hi! So i'm just going to dive right into this review. First i'm going to explain why I gave this nail polish the ratings I did. I gave the overall rating a 3 because I absolutely LOVE the color, it resembled the color of "Alex by the book" by Nicole O.P.I, but less expensive by a dollar or so. Aside from the color I was a bit disappointed as to how long the nail polish stayed on; I had had it on for around nine hours, in that time I had gone out for lunch and then back to school. In that time three of my finger had had the nail polished chipped off. Next, I gave the price a 4 because it was 10 dollar. I really think that this Essie polish was worth the money. I gave the packaging a 4 because if anyone has seen the bottle that the Essie polishes comes in you know it is very sturdy and has thick glass, I have dropped it a couple of time and no breakage, leaking or chipping. That is why I gave the packaging a 4. I would defiantly buy this product again! I hope this review was helpful

on 2/26/2013 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

not much to say except - GORGEOUS COLOR! This is perfect for events or even just everyday life during the spring and summer! The only thing is the price, you can find a revlon color (ugh I forget the name) that is pretty much the same color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful robins egg blue with a hint o mint. Creme. Opaque.
Received many compliments.
I needed a good clear top coat to make it really shine.
Gorgeous color. Brings out my tan.
When I look at my nails with this hue on I feel happy :)
Formula seems more chip resistant than some of Essie's other colors.
I will def buy this again.

on 2/10/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this color would be pretty...but...it's not my favorite...It's too creamy colored to be a mint, but it does the job I guess.

on 2/9/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my go to for "mint" colored nails. Color is spot on and applies like butter!

on 2/9/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am in complete love with this polish. It is a perfect mint green with a smidge of blue. Saying that, it changes depending on how tan I am and the light. It seems to suit any season - be it winter or summer. The polish is nicely pigmented and only really needs two thin coats. It only started chipping on me after a week! By then my nails grew out so much I had to take it off anyway! I have dupes in other brands but this is the one I keep going back to.

on 1/22/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mint Candy Apple is a lovely mint green with a hint of blue nail varnish with a creme finish. The colour is well pigmented and goes on very smooth for a light colour like this, the brush makes application perfect. This lasts for ages on my nails even without a base coat and it's a colour that looks good all year. I would definitely repurchase

on 1/21/2013 9:50:00 PM

i love this nail polish
I wear pretty much anywhere
From winter to summer, i love it! :)
i barely bought another one, because i ran out of the first one.
I dont like the fact that it looks completely different
The first one i had was more like mint green, the new one i bought is more mint blue
I dont understand why it looks different, even in pictures.

on 1/21/2013 3:25:00 PM

I love this nail polish! It's such a nice minty green color, and it's really nice to use during the summer. I only have to use 1-2 coats! Lovely product. :)

Top Rated Essie Products