October 23, 2014 | 1065 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Chikyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sorry covergirl, I love your lipsticks, but you can't do longwear. There is nothing good about this lipstick. It's drying, it chips off, it enhances the look of lip wrinkles, it looks like you just put a coat of dry paint on your lips. And it doesn't last an hour. And it's $10. The only thing that's good about it is the topcoat gloss, which is actually a great, shiny, moisturizing, tasty, sweet smelling gloss stick. Good thing you can buy it separately online. Otherwise, forget this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Aidge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Only lip color out there (in my budget, anyway) that truly lasts all day (and night, if not removed with makeup remover). I wear golden/nude colors, and my only complaint (and it's hardly a complaint that would ever make me consider not using this brand) is you do need to apply the gloss over it throughout the evening (when drinking/eating) or else the color is there but no shine, and that can make your lips look dry and crackly (for lack of a more professional, cosmetic term). But you can play around with different tinted glosses to keep the fabulous nude undertone but give yourself some variety depending on the mood you are trying to create (more glittery, peachy, vampish, etc).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the color selection but most of them seem to be berry colors. Not many of the peaches or golden tones I wear more often. The coverage and lasting power are as advertised and I'm very fond of my Blushed Mauve and Nude. The moisturizing balm is great and there's loads there. I always pre-moisturize my lips before applying all day stay-put lipcolors since I have really dry skin and have no issues of peeling or cracking through the day.

4 stars instead of 5 due to the color selection, but quality is comparable to Maybelline's Superstay (although I think I like their balm a little better), still better selection than Revlon's Overtime and better 2nd step topcoat, and definately better than Wet 'n' Wild's Megastay (nice joke, WNW).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first time using long wearing lipstick and I will not by this specific product again. It was like wearing lacquer on my lips. It was very drying, I had to constantly reapply the gloss, and I found that it flaked off in chunks throughout the night. The flaking off was super embarrassing!! This will be going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has very good staying power. The only thing I don't like is that it's so drying. It beats maybelline superstay by a mile though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by LynnWolfe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Outlast for years. The OLD Outlast "recipe" was much, much better than this new stuff!. The old stayed on all day and the colors were beautiful. The gloss that you put over the Outlast was great too!. This new stuff is awful, on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it about a 3. Most of the colors are so sheer you have to put on 3 coats to even see the color. Then its like shellack! The colors are washed out and some of the really pretty colors in the old forumla have been discontinued in the new formula. Most of the newer colors are like water when you apply them. They run,then cake! The gloss has a sickening sweet taste to it. Should have just left the old formula alone. The old saying "if it ain't broke don't touch it" applys here

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by emm0818

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't wait to try this product. I'm a fan of the long wearing, they're the only lip color I will use (I hate re-applying). This looked lightweight and natural. I bought 435/teasing blush. The applicator was pretty easy. The colour looked a little orangy on me- but not too bad. But it is certainly NOT long wearing, and becomes uneven within minutes. I wasn't happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cover Girl Outlast lipstick is supposed to "[give] you beautiful color that really lasts up to 16 hours - through breakfast, lunch and dinner!" The product comes with 2 lip gloss-style bottles for applying, first, color and then a clear gloss. I tried the dark color burgundy. I found the color a bit difficult to apply evenly with the wand - for some reason, you aren't supposed to rub your lips together. The end result is a bit like shellacking your lips - it looks and feels like Barbie's lips - plastic-like. The color lasts longer than regular wax lipstick, but it does disintegrate throughout the day. More importantly, it doesn't look and feel nice, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful product. It really stays on all day and night. It's nice being able to go out and not have to worry about touching up your lips. You can eat, drink, etc. and this product will stay on.
I know that some people think that this product can be drying on the lips - it can be, but that's why I always carry the moisturizer lipstick with me. If your lips are feeling dry you can quickly apply a little of the moisturizer and it's good as new...at least for me.
I highly recommend this product for anyone who doesn't want to worry about touching up their lips. I love this product and I don't know what I would do without it. It's nice not having to worry about reapplying lipstick all the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by coralie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It does last all day. But I find the colours too opaque and it tends to pill. I much prefer Maybelline Superstay. I gave this to my Mom and she loves it, but she's used to wearing those dry longwear lipsticks that don't come with a topcoat, whereas I'm used to wearing gloss.