November 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Blush Crush Baked Blush - Living Doll

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by AudCand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would like to make it very clear that although my review is for Hard Candy Living Doll Baked Blush, my blush came in the First Flush set. The blush I have is pure hot pink with no gold in it.

I love this blush. This blush is very shimmery, yet also very finely milled; I never got any glitter chunks.  I wear it under my apples with a bit of pink highlighter on the apples and it it looks beautiful!  I also like to wear it layered with another blush, like a rose colored one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very chalky on me - barely shows up. Though the color looks bright and pretty in the pan, when I put it on it's just too glittery and cheap looking with no color payoff. A skunk stippling brush is too strong for it so I tried my regular Bobbi Brown blush brush and the color still didn't show up. I had high hopes because I used Hard Candy cream blush for years and I was heartbroken when it was discontinued. It was perfection. This is not similar at all and I do not recommend. EDIT 8/5: I've gotten the hang of this one and now I totally adore it. I'm changing my rating to 5 lippies. It has wonderful depth and brightens my face up when I'm in the afternoon slump. I now understand what all the fuss is about! A soft, glowy pink flush. Highly recommend now.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Skitts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Too glittery, base color is good though.
Broke the second day :(
I use it as a light highlight now

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was actually a VERY good product. I'm very fair, and I like blush, blush is my friend. Because without it, I look like I'm dead! (HURRAY!)

I tried a lot, and a light application of this works very well. I use a fluffy, large angled brush for this. No stippling brush for me, (not for blushes, at least). I tried it wet, but it was just too much,

VERY frosty however. I had to be very careful, and sheered it out as best I could, then buffed so that I didn't look like a disco ball. I wear matte foundation, and the only thing I like shiny on me is highlighter, pretty eyeshadows, and lipgloss. Other than that, my oily skin prefers absolute shine free products.

I like it, but it's just too frosty. I found all the blushes/bronzers are like this. Oddly enough, my HG blush is an 89 cent, genie bottle of blush, in a color I don't even know. But hey, we're all different!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Mjolnir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale, cool-toned skin and this colour suits me very well. I use it to contour the hollows of my cheeks and sweep it up to the apples. The glitter/shimmer is very subtle and just lends a slight glow if anything at all. I don't find the blush to be terribly pigmented and it takes a few swipes to get some colour on my skin. The packaging and product itself looks very cute, I love the style of packaging that Hard Candy products have. The clamshell package is very simple but it might be easily breakable, I've only dropped mine once from the bathroom counter and the only damage was a few cracks in the actual blush cake. Luckily it didn't shatter and go everywhere so the cake may be more durable than one would assume.

For almost $10CDN it won't break the bank but the pigmentation should be a little better for the price point. I wish my local Wal-Mart could restock it faster! I kept checking the store for at least two months before they had it back in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by okaydear

Great blush, in my opinion. I love how translucent it appears on my skin while still giving a great color to my cheeks. The gold streaks through out the blush are the icing on the cake, it makes this product the perfect blush for summer, just giving off a little hint of a glow. It goes really well on fairer skinned women, because it really reminds me of a china doll rosey complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by grobanite19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally found my HG blush!

Cons:
Good price
SUPER Pretty color!
Love the Hard Candy Brand

Pros:
The case will break if you drop it!
It seems like it's out of stock a lot at Walmart

I LOVE this blush! I'm super pale, so this is a great pink for me! I love the gold swirls in it, it gives such a nice "glow" to your skin! This stuff seems to last forever, but if I ever run out, I will definately buy again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I am fair and cool toned (NW20,) and this is a really lovely blush, albeit a bit lacking in pigmentation when used on its own. However, when applied over a bright pink cream blush, it looks fantastic--NYX in hot pink is my favorite. I've been into bright pink blush lately, and these two together make a lovely, and more importantly, long lasting, combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by PoseyOregon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

There are definitely two versions of Living Doll - one is a warm pink with gold veining (the large, original packaging) while the other is a bright, watermelon pink with silver shimmer (smaller, sample size available in the First Flush collection). I own the latter and I have to say, YOWZA, this is bright and beautiful. It works well for my skin tone (pale olive) and it doesn't look like I have crazy clown cheeks. It highlights due to the shimmer, and makes me look flushed at the same time.

A definite winner!

Note: The First Flush set also comes with a Sheer Envy Primer sample, a Plumping Serum lipgloss mini in Uptown Girl, and a mini-tube of highlighter. It's a great deal and a wonderful way to try out many Hard Candy products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This blush has a pearly shimmer, despite having gold in it. It is sheer and shimmery as long as you don't buff it too much. I apply it on the top of my cheeks for a variation on my everyday look. Not bad for Walmart!