April 16, 2014 | 1991 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Living Doll

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Mjolnir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale, cool-toned skin and this colour suits me very well. I use it to contour the hollows of my cheeks and sweep it up to the apples. The glitter/shimmer is very subtle and just lends a slight glow if anything at all. I don't find the blush to be terribly pigmented and it takes a few swipes to get some colour on my skin. The packaging and product itself looks very cute, I love the style of packaging that Hard Candy products have. The clamshell package is very simple but it might be easily breakable, I've only dropped mine once from the bathroom counter and the only damage was a few cracks in the actual blush cake. Luckily it didn't shatter and go everywhere so the cake may be more durable than one would assume.

For almost $10CDN it won't break the bank but the pigmentation should be a little better for the price point. I wish my local Wal-Mart could restock it faster! I kept checking the store for at least two months before they had it back in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by okaydear

Great blush, in my opinion. I love how translucent it appears on my skin while still giving a great color to my cheeks. The gold streaks through out the blush are the icing on the cake, it makes this product the perfect blush for summer, just giving off a little hint of a glow. It goes really well on fairer skinned women, because it really reminds me of a china doll rosey complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by grobanite19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally found my HG blush!

Cons:
Good price
SUPER Pretty color!
Love the Hard Candy Brand

Pros:
The case will break if you drop it!
It seems like it's out of stock a lot at Walmart

I LOVE this blush! I'm super pale, so this is a great pink for me! I love the gold swirls in it, it gives such a nice "glow" to your skin! This stuff seems to last forever, but if I ever run out, I will definately buy again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I am fair and cool toned (NW20,) and this is a really lovely blush, albeit a bit lacking in pigmentation when used on its own. However, when applied over a bright pink cream blush, it looks fantastic--NYX in hot pink is my favorite. I've been into bright pink blush lately, and these two together make a lovely, and more importantly, long lasting, combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by PoseyOregon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

There are definitely two versions of Living Doll - one is a warm pink with gold veining (the large, original packaging) while the other is a bright, watermelon pink with silver shimmer (smaller, sample size available in the First Flush collection). I own the latter and I have to say, YOWZA, this is bright and beautiful. It works well for my skin tone (pale olive) and it doesn't look like I have crazy clown cheeks. It highlights due to the shimmer, and makes me look flushed at the same time.

A definite winner!

Note: The First Flush set also comes with a Sheer Envy Primer sample, a Plumping Serum lipgloss mini in Uptown Girl, and a mini-tube of highlighter. It's a great deal and a wonderful way to try out many Hard Candy products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This blush has a pearly shimmer, despite having gold in it. It is sheer and shimmery as long as you don't buff it too much. I apply it on the top of my cheeks for a variation on my everyday look. Not bad for Walmart!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ughhhh, why do most blushes have to have shimmer?! I'm super oily, I don't need anymore shine to my face... Anyway, yes this blush is shimmery. It is a very beautiful, cool-toned pink though, so I'll let the shimmery part slide. On my skin, it doesn't have much staying power, so I have to pack it with me and reapply after a couple of hours :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this blush. It's the perfect pink color with a beautiful sheen. It can be pretty sheer or you can build it up to be more vibrant. I love pairing this over other blushes to give my cheeks a luminous finish. This blush is not really shimmery or glittery like I expected, which is good because I hate lots of noticeable glitter on my face. This gives the perfect sheen for the cheeks. Not expensive for the amount you get. I think this will last me a long time. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by misszoeyf

I absolutely love this product. Every time I wear it I get compliments, it contrasts well because I am extremely fair skinned. I will say that when I first apply it for a minute or two it doesn't look like much but if you let it sit a moment on your skin you can see more of the color, I made the mistake of applying too much the first time! It's a beautiful color and it stays at least 10 hours for me, on its own. Wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by albs

This blush is SO pretty. My favorite use for it is over my Joe Fresh cream blush. It sets my cream blush and brightens my face up, I really like it for a springtime look. I also use it on it's own during the day when I don't want to look too made up, it adds just enough colour to my face.