Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

on 1/9/2013 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I put Smashbox primer on one side of my face and Hard Candy envy on the other for two days. The smashbox side broke out but hard candy didn't. Hard candy also minimized my pores and smashbox made them more apparent! I'm going to try the smashbox specifically for wrinkles but Hard Candy will be my whole face primer. (I did trade the regular smashbox primer for the smashbox targeted pore and line primer, which does make more of a difference on those wrinkles but if I had to pick just one primer, I'd pick hard candy.)

This was the first primer I've ever used and I made the mistake of over applying this stuff. You really only need a pea size drop and it smoothed out the texture. I never used it as a moisturizer but it's really for oily skin!

I mostly just use this for my face before I apply foundation. It has a greasy feel with application, but it dries velvety smooth. And It helps greatly with long lasting coverage!

on 11/8/2012 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

you must must must shake this product before use or it will not work nicely and water will come out the end. It is a gel like product and is really smooth. The last power is ok, and is very affortable.

on 10/26/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had this for a few weeks now and I am quite impressed. Unlike my old primer from E.L.F. it doesn't cause little bumps on my forehead to appear (that really irritated me). But here's something strange that happened. I think it was because of my heater, I'm not entirely sure, but at one point, for a few days, the primer wasn't as thick as it should have been. In fact it came out runny and was a purple-ish pink color. It went back to normal of course, but it did make me question it's quality. Unless I find a better primer, I will be repurchasing.

on 10/5/2012 10:45:00 PM

All and all this is a good primer. The only down side is the shine it gives me around my t-zone but I don't really blame the product. I already have a shine going on in that area. I just skip putting it on that area and have no problems with the areas I use it on. It smooths my face and has the silky texture. It has yet to break me out which is a plus, plus! It isn't as good as Smashbox's primer but it is pretty close.

on 9/16/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a face full of acne that I blame on this stuff. Enough said.

on 9/13/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've had this for awhile but usually didn't bother with using primer in general. Plus it made me break out when I was only using Cetaphil to wash my face at night. But now I have a better routine for removing my makeup so when I do use this my skin stays clear.
This primer is something that can be worn alone. It fills in pores & tones down shine (from freshly applied moisturizer), something not all primers do.
I wouldn't repurchase this because I prefer the finish of Smashbox Hydrating primer, which leaves my face with the most subtle, healthy glow. But I will keep this on hand for days when I don't feel like wearing foundation

on 9/8/2012 4:36:00 PM

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! hated everything about it!!!! threw it away!

on 8/30/2012 12:51:00 PM

Great primer! I've got acne prone skin and this has never caused a breakout for me. Great price, cute packaging. Goes on so easily and helps reduce shine (more so than if I were not wearing a primer at all). You do need to shake it before use but eh, no big deal. I just go ahead and do my hair in the meantime. Also, it's got an SPF of 15 so that's a nice benefit as well.

Popular Primer/ Correctors