September 2, 2014 | 1919 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by jameyskye

Breaks me out but as i have combo skin that may be why. I'm thinking it would be better for the ladies that have dry-normal skin.
not expensive, decent finish but cheap and you can tell its cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only primer I have used that actually works. It makes my foundation blend out so nicely with my extremely dry skin. It hasn't broken me out at all and helps my foundation stay on in the hot summer days (which can get to be about 100° here.) I really love that it's easy to pick up too. They're available at any Walmart. I will never spend money on a high end primer again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Such an awesome product w/o draining your bank account
It's only $8.94 CAD and feels so smooth and dry (?) when you apply it. And my face makeup stays on for hours and hours! Better than MUFE HD primer even!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

I really do love this product. It is a little oily but it does seem to smooth on my face well and that greasy feeling goes away.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading so many positive reviews of this cheap product I was excited to try it, but it just didn't do anything for me. The only benefit I found was that it did create a smooth canvas for applying foundation. I noticed no difference in lasting power and so will not be repurchasing this. The consistency is also a little strange and oily. Even after shaking it before use it can come out pretty runny.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by andrearashell

This primer has an incredibly greasy texture, and I haven't noticed a whole lot of improvement in the way my foundation looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by rengreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the packaging. love the design. it's very hygienic. you get a ton of product for about $6 at walmart. that being said, i have suuuuper dry skin, and it sticks to my dry patches. i use it for chub rub in the spring and summer, and to lubricate places my cute sandals rub uncomfortably.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sure it primes and makes makeup last longer, but I don't reach for it often because I have many other primers that I enjoy better. This one, however, does create a nice barrier between your skin and your makeup, so I would recommend this.
P.S: A little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by antynette

Hard candy was recently released here at the Wal-Mart close to me and after hearing so much about it on youtube and MUA I decided to pick up one of the sampler kits that included a blush, lipgloss, this primer and a highlighter. Honestly, I love it so much. My favourite foundation is the Revlon Colorstay and I didn't realize how thick the foundation really was until I put this underneath and couldn't feel a thing. Even touching my face I remember feeling thick and dewy, and now it's like I have nothing on. It takes away all cakeyness (which was pretty minimal before, but now it's just perfection) Even the price is just AMAZING...I haven't seen if this has broken me out yet, I hope it won't because I love this primer and will definitely repurchase.

Update:
After my original love for it I had repurchased it and used up about 2 bottles so far. After I started looking into other foundations I realized in general that this primer did nothing magical to keep my foundations on BUT the revlon colorstay. It seemed to help take away cakeyness like in my origina review and made it feel more lightweight, but with other foundations, bb creams etc. it was really just a routine of putting this on my face that made me use it so much. I stopped wearing primers period after I ran out of it and no noticeable difference. I think that a primer just for the purpose of my colorstay is quite absurd and I'll be trying something else that doesn't just help that but my other face products stay on longer as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure if this product broke me out or not.I've only used this twice and I have broke out each times. Right now I'm using this only for my under eyes and that is it. This is supposedly a dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and I have yet to try that one. I broke out on my lower cheeks and now I have two dark spots. I am currently looking for a cheap primer cause I ran out of my BE Prime Time. This works great underneath my eyes, I have combination skin and I didn't feel greasy with this. Not recommended for acne prone skin.