October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by cooljulz

This is the best eyeshadow palette you could ever ask for.

PROS:
-wide variety of colors
-wide variety of finishes
-BEAUTIFUL PIGMENTATION
-88 colors
-compact palette

CONS:
-small eyeshadows
-I will have to spend another $30 just so I can use one favorite color
-They don't sell any eyeshadows individually
-smaller than I expected

OVERALL:
This palette is awesome and has some things I don't like about it but everything has its flaws :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by RollingStones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Great!!! Best shadow palette yet!! So many colors and good quality! ;D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I got the 88 matte palette from BHcosmetics.com - but I'm pretty sure they get their palettes made by the same company that makes the Coastal Scents palette. The colors and the palette are pretty much exactly alike except for the logo. This is a really decent palette for its price - MOST of the colors have very good payoff. The highlight colors in the first row have very, very poor pigmentation but the rest of the palette is great. I would say that this is good if you want to try bright, colorful looks from time to time since it gives you a small pan for each color. For my purposes, it's perfect, because I usually wear neutrals most days and wouldn't need big sizes of colorful eyeshadows. In the future, I'm not sure if I'd repurchase since I don't like the packaging that much - I would like to try the NYX S104 78 color eyeshadow palette next.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by nfatima2

Overall, this palette is okay, some eye shadows are chalky but some are nice. Honestly, this palette is nothing compared to Mac and other popular brands. Its okay for someone who just starting with Makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by blondi26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing.
The colors are VERY pigmented.
They blend well.
It's just a great palette, because you have like every color you need all in one palette!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted so much to like this but...it kinda sucks. Only the deep shades are highly pigmented and nice. Once you start going higher up in rows on the palette, (i.e. the lighter shades), they look really ashy and if you keep blending them out, turn pretty much to white powder. At the end of the day, u will be using less than half of these colors. Maybelline's eyeshadows ( the duos, trios and quads) are MUCH better. Perhaps the shimmer palette wont be as bad (the shimmer should at least reduce the chalkiness?)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

This is a great palette! I got mine off ebay for about $10CDN and it was $10 of the best make-up dollars I ever spent! Sure it took awhile to get here since it had to come from China (yes this is the same palette they all come from china coastal scents just slaps a sticker on after they get here) but it was well worth the wait. So the colour selection in this palette is crazy. Maybe I won't use the bright fushia or neon green that often but that's the point! This palette let's me experiment and play without having to go out and buy a new e/s everytime I'm feeling a little adventerous/inspired. My vanity is no longer clogged up with bright barely swatched MAC e/s rotting away under a pile of everyday neutrals. In the long run this little gem has saved me some serious cash. The colours are nicely pigmented and smooth and with UDPP I've never had an issue with fading or creasing. I liked this one so much I bought the 88 shimmer and the 28 neutral palette too. Only gripe is the packaging is cheap and the hinges on two out of three palettes have broken. No biggie though, the lids still snap on and off so my e/s are still protected. Oh and there are tons of dupes in these palettes!! Just google 88 palette dupes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by lizo4ka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found out, like many others, about Coastal Scents through YT. The high pigmentation shown in videos and cheap price attracted me and I was lucky enough to get this while it was on sale for 20% off, so it was an even better value. You can find out about their sales if you subscribe to their newsletter. I think they have them weekly on different products.

This palette is fabulous. Really. For the price it's completely worth it. The color selection is varied and you have plenty of colors that you might not use very often, but do not want to spent a lot on from a company like MAC. The shadows are also very versatile: I have used them in the place of eyeliner and blush. They stay put and are fairly long-lasting. I do use a primer though, so I am not quite sure of the staying power without it as I haven't really tested that.

If you are new to working with make-up or just want a good variety of colors with good pigmentation and quality for a low price, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sooo in love with this product! The big thing I love is the versatility of the colors. It's very fun to experiment with the different options and great for coming up with new looks. My favourite colour in the palette would definitely be the black - it's very pigmented and makes a great eyeliner. The browns and pinks are gorgeous colors as well~ I definitely recommend this, especially for such a price!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sofaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I love this product so much! I was inspired by make up gurus on youtube to get this. Previously, I thought that this palette had to cost atleast $50. Hah, shows how much I know! When I realized how cheap this palette was, I just had to get it. I mean, 88 colours for $20? you can't go wrong with that! The thing about ordering from Coastal Scents is that their shipping is super fast. I received this palette in a little over a week, that's with the lowest shipping cost, and I live in Canada. Now onto the product itself; a lot of the eyeshadows are super pigmented. However, there are some eyeshadows that will barely show up on my skin, so you'd have to use a primer. I find that the light blues and light browns especially, are hard to see on my skin tone. I'm a fair medium, btw. What I really love about this product is that there are endless possibilities for different looks you can get with this palette. I can sit in my room for hours and hours just playing with different looks if I really wanted to. I highly recommend this product for beginners, novices or experts in make up. It's a must have product for ladies!