NARS Loose Powder

4.4

talc, silica, polyethylene, zea mays [zea mays (corn) starch], nylon-66, isopropyl myristate, disodium edta, dimethicone, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, /- may contain : mica, ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides) ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green).

on 3/11/2010 4:06:00 PM

I love this powder! It makes my skin look like it's been Photoshopped for a magazine, haha. Sure it can get a bit messy if you apply it in a rush, but if you're careful, you can use it without wasting any product. Although it is pricey, a lot of product comes with it and you get a puff as as well.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I read the reviews and I bought it ... I use a lot of powder for mattifying my foudation and my T-Zone.
And, boy, MUA was right. I am absolutely sold by this powder!
I have this in Flesh, an I am a NW 15 in winter. The shade is just perfect, suits yellows undertones like mine.
it is so finely milled, like the high end ones (=Chanel, Becca etc.). Sets your foundation and keep olies at bay.
The finish is matte but natural, elegant and soft.
I so much like it.
And what I like best is the price. For 25 you get 45 grams of product (can you believe that? the double of any normal power and 3 times the Becca or Mac ones).
So the price, for that super quality powder, is unbeatable.
One one small dislike. The pacakging; the jar is not very comfy, the sifter has huge holes and there is a risk of spilling powder... I wish that they got rid of the rubber shell, as it gets dirty in a second.
Other than that, and excellent powder.

on 2/24/2010 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not my favorite NARS product but I received this for free from a MA friend. I have Flesh, and am NC/NW20. It is pretty cakey and leaves a powdery finish. I rarely use powder in the first place since I wear Revlon CS, but with my lighter foundations, I've been picking this up again and now with a spray of MAC fix + it looks pretty good. But there are definitely better powders out there.

on 1/28/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice smooth powder. I don't tend to buy loose powders but I was pleasently surprised at how flawless it made my skin look. The color was perfect as well. I am not a fan of the pressed powder but this one is great.

on 1/22/2010 6:02:00 PM

After reading positive reviews on makeupalley I decided to buy NARS loose powder in eden. Very impressive range for every skin tone, but that's about the only good thing I have to say. It came in very poor packaging (no 'stopper' to prevent powder from spilling out, and the rubbery material collected dust, powder, and other particles). The puff was of very poor quality as well - after one wash (by hand and a very mild soap) the NARS logo faded to almost nothing. The powder itself looked refined and promising, and though it matched my skin tone perfectly it somehow made my face very chalky and dull. My face became oily very fast, and it itched throughout the day. I could almost feel the powder clogging up my pores. I don't know why but it just did not work on me. Normally only pressed powders would clog my pores and loose powders would go on very smooth. When I bought it it was the same price as Laura Mercier loose powder in translucent, but came in a bigger container. Don't be fooled, however, laura mercier's loose powder is of a much higher quality.

on 1/17/2010 6:44:00 PM

Love this loose powder. It's huge and it really lasts you a long time. It sets my foundation really well and for me, it lasts the entire day. No reapplication necessary (unless i'm at the beach or something). it really makes your skin look nice and silky.
I have fair skin and I use "beach" and it's perfect.

on 11/21/2009 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was searching for a loose powder to set my liquid foundation and was thinking of getting Stila hydrating finishing powder which costs $69aud just for i thk less than 20g? and then i got distracted at NARS and the sales person came and asked me what i want. So he tried a few colours on me and picked Dessert to be my match. Boy the powder is so so so so soft! My heart jumped when he said it costs $82aud but when i saw it was for 45g, i thought, why not? ANd i never regretted it. It made my make up look absolutely flawless and natural and toned down the slight shimmer in my liq foundation. my skin didnt break out either. and it helped my make up last for the whole entire day without touching up and night all through clubbing. So yea, i love it! and with 45g of it, i don't think i'll need to be buying anymore for a long time.

EDIT: some one asked me if beach was lighter than dessert and as far as i can tell, yes. but overall they're pretty sheer so i thk its more important u get the tone right.

on 11/16/2009 7:52:00 PM

I really do love this powder to set my liquid foundation. It keeps my face matte without looking powdery. I absolutely DETEST the packaging though. All loose powders are messy to some degree but this one is just horrendous. It wastes so much product. I really don't recommend traveling with this. It's fine if you keep it in the same place so I continue to use it, but when I run out I will be purchasing the pressed version.

on 11/10/2009 6:48:00 PM

This powder did nothing for me in terms of oil absorption and it didn't give me a nice finish like my other loose powders do. I think maybe it's too light for me. Plus the sifter/case it comes in is very cheap and inefficient. I would expect better packaging for the price. I'm returning it to the store.

on 10/12/2009 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

WOW. This stuff is so great, I deffinitely found my HG powder I am so excited. I'm NW/NC20, 117 in mufe HD or mont blanc in nars sheer glow foundation, and flesh is a perfect match for me. I've pretty much been using only mac products since I started wearing makeup and I'm really glad I decided to venture out because NONE of macs powder products can compare to this stuff. My skin is soo far from perfect there have been days that I've sat down to do my makeup and have removed my foundation/powder 2 or 3 times because I just feel like it looks terrible. Well not anymore!!! This product doesn't leave a lot of color (although I think it would look great even w/out foundation) it just evens out and softens your skin tone and doesn't look powdery at all. The key, I've found, is to use the extra sifter, apply it with the powder puff thing that comes with it by rolling the powder onto your skin, and then use a big fluffy brush to buff off the excess. Yeah the packaging is messy, and I wish the powder puff fit inside the box, but the finished product is sooooooo worth it!!

Recommended for Normal Skin