April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the free sample of this in a teeny tiny bottle. It smells lovely! When it's been on my skin for a while, it starts to smell at bit like caramel to me. Yummy. Hopefully I'll get the full size one day. =) Perfume is so expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jnevaril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually despise rose scents. They seem so dated to me.

However, this one is a rose scent I actually love.

Staying power is great, 2 spritzes and I'm good for the day. I love that it is a unique rose, and I haven't found a dupe of it yet.

A beautiful scent, and if you're not usually a rose fan, give this one a try. It's a different rose, with some warm notes in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

kate moss fronts the campaign. i had expected a more edgy controversia! scent with her association. but maybe bcos it's ysl, and all things classique...this scent is a straight-up sweet floral. the bottle is such a feminine splendour with faceted surface & yellow-gold cap, with its pink fragrance inside... Pretty in a matured way.
I favour musky-vanilla-oriental scents, so this isn't my fave. the husband bought this. the scent lasts well through late afternoon, and a colleague remembers what i smell like, after accidentally sniffing this at a store. meaning, the scent stays true though the day. great fragrance to pair a girly outfit with. otherwise, just another frangrance to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by phantomfromhell5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume it very easily became my favorite. The packing is simple but I like it. I have always had trouble finding a perfume that will stay on all day and one that I can smell on myself! This does the job and it doesn't take alot of it either which is great :) Defiantly will be using this for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

I expected a prettier bottle and packaging from YSL but nonetheless, the smell was light, fruity, romantic, and elegant.
The packaging could be better but it's definitely a sweetly fragranced perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I do not like it as much as my favorite fragrance (Christian Dior's J'adore), it is still a lovely perfume. It is light, sweet, and a bit fruity (I think it reminds me of blackberries). The packing is plain.
Also, I do not know why the reviewer below me reviewed it as smelling like "crushed black ants in a sour solution." Seriously? What do crushed black ants smell like...and how in the world did you figure that out??

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sltj77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smelled to me like crushed black ants in a slightly sour solution. I'm not sure if the sample bottle I received was old, but this did not smell nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Gorgeous bottle; it looks elegant and sophisticated, demurely sexy, and very feminine... but the scent itself disappoints me. Personally, I am drawn to heady fragrances (orientals, musks, patchouli, dark florals), so Parisienne is insanely and overly sweet to me. It honestly smells like I rubbed a lollipop across my skin and called it a day. I can't even detect the floral notes or anything other than a powdery, sugary odor. Good thing it doesn't have much lasting power? I can see why this has appeal for some, but just in terms of personal preference I like to smell more womanly and sensual rather than girly and as if I'm edible. If YSL comes out with a modified version of this that has some more depth to it I'd be willing to give it another try. Other than that... no thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by egyptgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't typically like very feminine/flowery scents, but this one I tend to enjoy. This isn't overly feminine, and doesn't have powdery notes (at least not on me) which I can't stand. The only reason this is a 4 is because it doesn't seem to last as long as others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by bellinoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this parfume, it is very elegant, but not "old". You can wear it on a daily basis as well as to an evening event. The smell is very luxurious, but not heavy. The package is gorgeous, so you can put the flacon on your vanity and use it for decoration.