Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne

3.7

on 12/29/2010 12:34:00 PM

I sprayed the tester on myself at Sephora because I like the original Paris parfum. There was a bad reaction with this EDT and my body chemistry. The smell was something like a cross between cat urine and ammonia. Unfortunately, some of it got on my coat and I could smell it everytime I wore my coat. I was really surprised at the bad chemical reaction, this has never happened before.

on 12/28/2010 7:22:00 PM

Eh. That's how this fragrance makes me feel. Just eh. It's not horrible by any means, just has a flare for that flea market, 1980's, grandmom, rose scented perfume. My boyfriend said he was repulsed by it, which I think is taking things to extreme, but in all fairness he does hate the smell of roses. It's not very strong, kind of sweet, boring and cheap smelling at best. I don't despise it but I'll never buy it again. My bf said now I know what to wear if I want to sleep alone.

on 12/23/2010 5:40:00 PM

I got a sample of this and I really like it! I give it 4 lippies though because it smells a lot like something I have already. It took me a while to place it, but I finally figured out it smells like Stella by Stella McCartney, which is also a rose scent. I will have to spray one on each wrist when I'm home or something and really determine how similar they really are. If they aren't dupes of each other, I might buy the full size of this. It really is a lovely fragrance!

on 12/14/2010 12:49:00 AM

I wanted to love this, I really did. I smelled this in a magazine and I fell in love. It just smelled so romantic., perfect for date night. So, a few weeks later I rushed over to Sephora to pick up a bottle..but before I picked one up, I sprayed the tester on me. Let me just say. BAD MOVE! I never do that, because it might stink..and alas..it did. I smelled like rubbing alcohol and musk. It was bad, believe me. I left the store to meet my father for dinner and he sniffed the air and says " What is that odor? It smells awful" Haha..no worries pop, it is just me. Anyhoo, I am still unsure if the bottle from Sephora was wack somehow...I ordered a sample too because I am not willing to give up on this! And for reference, whenever someone says that perfume smells like alcohol..I go "rigggght," but I swear, it did. Will let you know how the sample goes....

on 12/3/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the free sample of this in a teeny tiny bottle. It smells lovely! When it's been on my skin for a while, it starts to smell at bit like caramel to me. Yummy. Hopefully I'll get the full size one day. =) Perfume is so expensive!

on 11/29/2010 1:34:00 AM

I usually despise rose scents. They seem so dated to me.

However, this one is a rose scent I actually love.

Staying power is great, 2 spritzes and I'm good for the day. I love that it is a unique rose, and I haven't found a dupe of it yet.

A beautiful scent, and if you're not usually a rose fan, give this one a try. It's a different rose, with some warm notes in it.

on 11/28/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

kate moss fronts the campaign. i had expected a more edgy controversia! scent with her association. but maybe bcos it's ysl, and all things classique...this scent is a straight-up sweet floral. the bottle is such a feminine splendour with faceted surface & yellow-gold cap, with its pink fragrance inside... Pretty in a matured way.
I favour musky-vanilla-oriental scents, so this isn't my fave. the husband bought this. the scent lasts well through late afternoon, and a colleague remembers what i smell like, after accidentally sniffing this at a store. meaning, the scent stays true though the day. great fragrance to pair a girly outfit with. otherwise, just another frangrance to me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this perfume it very easily became my favorite. The packing is simple but I like it. I have always had trouble finding a perfume that will stay on all day and one that I can smell on myself! This does the job and it doesn't take alot of it either which is great :) Defiantly will be using this for years to come.

on 11/17/2010 1:43:00 PM

I expected a prettier bottle and packaging from YSL but nonetheless, the smell was light, fruity, romantic, and elegant.
The packaging could be better but it's definitely a sweetly fragranced perfume.

on 11/16/2010 1:56:00 PM

Although I do not like it as much as my favorite fragrance (Christian Dior's J'adore), it is still a lovely perfume. It is light, sweet, and a bit fruity (I think it reminds me of blackberries). The packing is plain.
Also, I do not know why the reviewer below me reviewed it as smelling like "crushed black ants in a sour solution." Seriously? What do crushed black ants smell like...and how in the world did you figure that out??

Popular Fragrances