August 27, 2014 | 1892 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I got a sample of this and I really like it! I give it 4 lippies though because it smells a lot like something I have already. It took me a while to place it, but I finally figured out it smells like Stella by Stella McCartney, which is also a rose scent. I will have to spray one on each wrist when I'm home or something and really determine how similar they really are. If they aren't dupes of each other, I might buy the full size of this. It really is a lovely fragrance!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by puffinrose

I wanted to love this, I really did. I smelled this in a magazine and I fell in love. It just smelled so romantic., perfect for date night. So, a few weeks later I rushed over to Sephora to pick up a bottle..but before I picked one up, I sprayed the tester on me. Let me just say. BAD MOVE! I never do that, because it might stink..and alas..it did. I smelled like rubbing alcohol and musk. It was bad, believe me. I left the store to meet my father for dinner and he sniffed the air and says " What is that odor? It smells awful" Haha..no worries pop, it is just me. Anyhoo, I am still unsure if the bottle from Sephora was wack somehow...I ordered a sample too because I am not willing to give up on this! And for reference, whenever someone says that perfume smells like alcohol..I go "rigggght," but I swear, it did. Will let you know how the sample goes....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the free sample of this in a teeny tiny bottle. It smells lovely! When it's been on my skin for a while, it starts to smell at bit like caramel to me. Yummy. Hopefully I'll get the full size one day. =) Perfume is so expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jnevaril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually despise rose scents. They seem so dated to me.

However, this one is a rose scent I actually love.

Staying power is great, 2 spritzes and I'm good for the day. I love that it is a unique rose, and I haven't found a dupe of it yet.

A beautiful scent, and if you're not usually a rose fan, give this one a try. It's a different rose, with some warm notes in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

kate moss fronts the campaign. i had expected a more edgy controversia! scent with her association. but maybe bcos it's ysl, and all things classique...this scent is a straight-up sweet floral. the bottle is such a feminine splendour with faceted surface & yellow-gold cap, with its pink fragrance inside... Pretty in a matured way.
I favour musky-vanilla-oriental scents, so this isn't my fave. the husband bought this. the scent lasts well through late afternoon, and a colleague remembers what i smell like, after accidentally sniffing this at a store. meaning, the scent stays true though the day. great fragrance to pair a girly outfit with. otherwise, just another frangrance to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by phantomfromhell5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume it very easily became my favorite. The packing is simple but I like it. I have always had trouble finding a perfume that will stay on all day and one that I can smell on myself! This does the job and it doesn't take alot of it either which is great :) Defiantly will be using this for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

I expected a prettier bottle and packaging from YSL but nonetheless, the smell was light, fruity, romantic, and elegant.
The packaging could be better but it's definitely a sweetly fragranced perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I do not like it as much as my favorite fragrance (Christian Dior's J'adore), it is still a lovely perfume. It is light, sweet, and a bit fruity (I think it reminds me of blackberries). The packing is plain.
Also, I do not know why the reviewer below me reviewed it as smelling like "crushed black ants in a sour solution." Seriously? What do crushed black ants smell like...and how in the world did you figure that out??

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sltj77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smelled to me like crushed black ants in a slightly sour solution. I'm not sure if the sample bottle I received was old, but this did not smell nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Gorgeous bottle; it looks elegant and sophisticated, demurely sexy, and very feminine... but the scent itself disappoints me. Personally, I am drawn to heady fragrances (orientals, musks, patchouli, dark florals), so Parisienne is insanely and overly sweet to me. It honestly smells like I rubbed a lollipop across my skin and called it a day. I can't even detect the floral notes or anything other than a powdery, sugary odor. Good thing it doesn't have much lasting power? I can see why this has appeal for some, but just in terms of personal preference I like to smell more womanly and sensual rather than girly and as if I'm edible. If YSL comes out with a modified version of this that has some more depth to it I'd be willing to give it another try. Other than that... no thanks.