November 27, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not have a practised hand at putting on eyeliner but this glide-on pencil makes it easy. I bought the color "mildew". I was a little worried about the metallic shine in this color but really, it is quite discrete on my...ahem...older eyes. I would buy this one again but it is going to last me probably forever as I will not use this shade every day. It works well with my brown eyes and fair skin with light olive/yellow undertones. I might buy another color to play around with. It stayed on all day and evening willout smudging or ending up under my eyes. I had to use Lancome bi-facil to get it all off. Expensive product but worth it for me as it went on so smoothly and easily. Mildew is a great sage/olive green.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by butterflyblade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the range of colours and the easy application. I live in Singapore, and even with the humidity, I find that these stay on fairly well even with a night out of dancing.

But! The glitter in some of the colours just isn't the best idea, and occasionally irritates my eyes and interferes with application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupthebreakup

This is one of the best eyeliners I have ever tried. It does glide right over the eye area and last 12+ hour workdays/ or fun nights. I really love that when I put this on the lashline and leave the house in the morning I don't have to stick it in my bag because I know I won't need a touch-up. A make-up bag staple, but will not lie you can find cheaper comparable pencils.

The array of colors is wonderful, Zero(black) and Whiskey(Deep Brown) look great for the day looks,

and electric( bright teal) and ransom ( true purple) are my go to "fun" eyeliner looks. The variety of colors match all the eyeliner needs I have in my life a subtle color for the office and fun shades for my personal time, I love neon makeup but have tried to tone it down a bit.

The main downside to me is the cost, since more comparable pencils are being offered for less, and if you live in a humid area they are prone to the crumble/ smudge that can happen to these types of pencils. Just put them in the fridge before you sharpen/ apply.

Pros:
MANY color choices
long wear
smooth ( no wrinkle makers here)
cruelty free
barrels matched to shade of pencil

Cons:
price
don't last on waterline( for me anyway) more like 1/1 pencils on waterline ( do wear contacts though)

Keep your eyes open as there are usually nice sets available of these to get around the price

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Damn you MakeupAlley for not allowing half ratings! I wanted to give these liners 3.5 stars, but I had to go with 3 since 3.5 isn't an option and 4 is far too generous. Anyhow, I don't hate them, but they're far from HG for me and the perfromance isn't good eough to justify a repurchase from me. I bought these liners after hearing so much hype about them, but I suppose I should have read some reviews first. Anyhow, here's a breakdown:

PROS
-Great blendability. These are really nice when used to thinly rim the eyes, then smudged out with a brush to create a soft, smokey eye.
-As the name suggests, they DO glide on super easily. Ladies, have you ever been frustrated by having to press super hard when using pencil liner and having it pull and tug at your lids? Well, not with this product. I literally glide it over my lash line for rich color payoff.
-As I stated above, the color payoff is nice. One of the main reasons that I normally stick to liquid liner is because I feel that the pigments are usually much more intense. The shade 'Zero' in these pencils (one that I often use) is a very rich, kohl black. No pencil-y, weak finishes with these pencil liners ladies.
-Amazing shade variety. They have just about any shade you could possibly imagine or want to try. I've never seen another line of pencil liners have so many fun, unique shades.

CONS
-The caps kind of suck. I always open my makeup bag only to find that they've fallen off of the pencils, which is super messy.
-A lot of the shades have glitter, which to me is totally weird and not ideal in a pencil liner (I think that most women would agree).
-Though these initially go on beautifully, they do NOT last long or stand up to oily lids, sweat or long days. I find that in order for a pencil liner to be long wearing, it needs to have somewhat of a dry texture. These are far too creamy. They crease and smudge badly and migrate terribly (especially for people with oily lids like me). If you're going to wear one of these pencils for any extended amount of time, please use primer underneath or else your liner will be faded to an almost nonexistent state within a few hours. I don't know where Urban Decay got off on titling these '24/7' pencils.

The verdict? They're great if you don't plan on wearing them for that long, but definitely not a long-wearing, raccoon-proof liner. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought it but I am planning to! I tried this out in the Sephora store and wow I loooove how easily it glides on the water line. Right now I'm using drug store eyeliner that I have to rub a lot to get onto my eye and then don't even try to get it on the water line because the best it gets is a faded line. But this eyeliner is so nice, it went on the water line nicely and was able to get darker and I could hardly tell it was touching my eye, amazing! I don't think I'll go back to drug store eyeliner after I use up the ones I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by rsvmfv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite eyeliner. For me it stays put all day. No more raccoon eyes as my eyeliner slides

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by amelialynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner, I have tried many different brands to find something that will stay put all day and leave good pigment. It goes on very smoothly, I like to smudge the color a little onto my eyelid as to give the effect of having on a shadow on a day that I'm feeling a little lazy or rushed but still need some makeup on. I love all the colors UD makes and the pigments are always very bold but easy to manage if you don't want a whole lot of color. The only thing that bugs me is when I take the cap off and try to put it on the end of the pencil to store it while applying it will usually fall off! Not a big deal but annoying when I'm being messy and don't have enough counter space to set the cap down and not loose track of it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

There are lots of pros of this product, but it has cons. For $18, these pencils have great payoff, super easy application, wide color range, wonderful blendability and super waterproof. But really, I have to say, the staying power isn't that good. It somehow smudges and creases slightly after an hour but will not get worse after several hours. So I can't say anything to praise the lasting power. Other than the smudging/creasing issue, I am amazed, not in a good way, about how often I need to sharpen. I usually apply eyeliners into my upper lash and that's it. Normally, I sharpen stila's kajal eyeliner, which is the softest eyeliner I have, after about five or six uses, but I need to sharpen three times often than that. I figure that for $18 I got a pencil can only last two or three months is insane.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by moomaialley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

racoon eyes and pricey

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered a few of the mini ones off ebay, so I didn't pay full price for these, thankfully, b/c they're so not worth it. They smudged on my upper and lower lashlines, and on my waterline. I do like the variety of colors they come in, but I was disappointed in them bigtime. A lot of hype, no payoff.