April 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Elektro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has the worst packaging ever. I'm not sure why Rimmel couldn't make a flip top compact like every other one they have... but anyways...
I bought this a month ago because I was tired of having to drive 30 mins to the mall to go to the MAC store and pay a high price for blot powder. I am extremely happy with my decision. This powder is just as good and lasts an entire work day keeping me shine free. Transparent was the way to go, as sometimes I tan and other times (like now) i'm on the more pale side. After using MAC blot for the last 6 years i'm happy to say i've found a new (and less expensive) HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder ! It leaves a flawless clean finish also it's so cheap ! The only thing I would change is the packing the lid doesn't really stay on but for the price I can work around that fact. Pros : flawless finish , good coverage , cheap you don't have to use much , keeps oil down, stays on Cons; packaging & shade range isn't that great if your dark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazingggg. I love this product. I used to use Mac's blot powder, which is about $30 and just okay. I bought this after reading it was a great dupe, well in my opinion is works BETTER. The packaging is quite simple, but you can buy a small powder puffer to put inside and the lid will still go on, it's great for travel that way. I only need to apply it once a day, to set my makeup, and so I use a big blush brush. I will buy this again, especially because it goes on sale at Shoppers Drug-mart, Walmart and Rexall for $4 quite frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great inexpensive setting powder for all my liquid and creme foundations. It is one of those products that I could never go back to buying an expensive version of. I've nearly hit pan with my first one, and I think the next one I will be will one of the darker colours. I have to say that the packaging is really quite cheap looking although I've never had issues with travelling with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I happen to think this is the best drugstore powder out there.
(At least for the US. I haven't had the pleasure of trying UK or Canadian powders.)
To start off with, this is one of the few powders that doesn't crack and crumble once you hit pan. I know smell is a big issue for some people but I happen to very much like the slight fragrance to the powder as well.
I have never had it leave an ashy quality to the skin, and yes...even fair girls deal with that.
Its very good in my option for sensitive skin. I have had absolutely no reaction to it. (Which for me is incredible.)
It keeps my oils at bay, but It doesn't feel like..."mask-face" when you wear it throughout the day.
Now this powder can cake up (just like an other powder)...BUT, if you use a big face brush and "push" it into the skin it avoids the cake face of over application. And you can always use a setting spray to take down any further powderyness if you don't like the minimal it gives. But compared to every other drugstore powder I have used...This knocks it out of the park.
I just wish they had a better color selection.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by macrivaldez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOT recommended for medium skin tone. While it does mattify my t-zone area (which gets oily especially in this humid tropical weather), it only lasts for 2-3 hours. upon applying it to my face I noticed a grayish/ ashy cast which shouldn't be there if it were a transparent powder. Plus the packaging is very flimsy, not recommended for travel, as it will only loosen up. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by katmo

One of the best pressed powders out there. It's inexpensive, smells lovely and works pretty good. The only cons is the poor packaging. Overall a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by juljam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best powder I've used. It mattifies my skin and it stays on for a long time. Even though the color is transparent, it has a slight yellow tint to it, so if you use too much powder you're face will look a little yellow.... It also gives extra coverage.
If you cake it on it doesn't look natural but if you use it just a little, it doesn't look fake.
This powder works well for me! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

This really keeps me matte. Not all day, but enough to notice that this helps with oiliness.
This sets my concealer very well and gives my face a brighter look.
I use a matte foundation so I dont put this over it daily, but I use this powder when im only wearing sunscreen and/or concealer.
I know the packaging is not the most secure thing on earth, but I dont have a problem with it.
Just keep it in a small flat pocket (?) inside your purse instead of your loose makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Megan725

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Powder! I have been looking for a matte powder for a while, I have seen this product being talked about. I have oily-combo skin and this powder and controls the oil on my face very well. For the price and drugstore product is VERY excellent! The only thing is the packaging is easy for the lid to fall out and could of been better quality of packaging overall.