October 20, 2014 | 1197 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this recently when I forgot to pack my usual powder while on vacation. I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $4 and figured at that price point if it turned out to be crap it wouldn't be a big loss. I am so glad I got it! I don't usually wear foundation, just TM or BB cream and always need a powder to keep from turning into an oil slick, this powder gives me a good 6 hours before any shine breaks through. I just apply over my finished makeup with a big fluffy powder brush and buff it in well. I have noticed if I over apply it looks a little powdery, though. Use a light hand. I have not used this for touch ups during the day so I don't know if it would get cakey or not. But for only $4 this product is a total win and I will buy it again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by JennieLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My makeup bag is never without this product, I always repurchase before my current one runs out. My nose can get oily so using this powder on top of my foundation really helps keeping my skin looking good. I think experience with this powder can vary depending on skin type and the foundation you use, in my personal experience, when i use foundations that gather easily and don't last the day on the skin, the powder does little to help the situation, however when used with a good quality foundation it really keeps everything in place. My only complaint would be that as you hit pan the powder has a tendency to break up and because of the container it's in, which makes it harder to use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous setting powder and you get alot in the package. I was using Hard Candy's Hello Matte but it was 8 bucks compared to only 4 for the rimmel product so I figured I'd try it instead. I'm glad I did for I like it alot better! It keeps my face fairly matte even in the most humid weather which is a great feat during an Arkansas summer. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mariaterzian

excellent product! use with a brush for light aplication. For undereye area I use the beautyblender to blot any excess oil !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Christinecrayton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to make this short and simple: this is an amazing product, buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ellieinwonderland

For some reason I have normal skin but an extremely oily nose, I bought this in hope that it would combat the oiliness. It did keep it at bay for about 2 hours but when I reapplied it it did look very cakey on my skin. I've only repurchased this because its extremely cheap but be careful when you hit pan, mine smashed and the flimsy lid came off so the powder covered the inside of my bag! Lets just say that my the inside of my bag has never been the same since! Overall, I think it is a nice powder for people who don't have particularly oily skin or people on a budget, despite it not being very long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

Even if I'm very careful with the application this powder leaves my face looking powdery. I find that it doesn't really help matting down my face and that my face actually become more oily using this powder. It also has a really prominent "old lady makeup"/talcum scent, to me it's actually somewhat pleasant, but I assume some people will hate the scent. I really don't get the hype of this powder, there has to be better options out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite setting powder. Keeps my makeup in place all day and keeps my nose from getting oily. I just don't like the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

It does what it is supposed to, which is keeping me matte, but only for half an hour or so. If I apply some more later on it turns me into a cake city. Even a light dusting is enough for that. I either have to get a lighter hand, a less dense brush or stop trying to make this powder work for my very oily skin. The packaging is also not great. I don't expect anything special from products from this price range but trying to put the cap on the powder properly takes quite an effort. It also falls off easily if you don't do it properly and you don't want that to happen if powder is in your handbag. The powder is not that bad but if just not anything for me. Perhaps girls with less oily/normal skin might like it better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Nicolelovesmac

This is a very nice product that will keep you matte for about 3 or 4 hours. This is mainly for applying it to only your oily areas.