October 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by harmonyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this isnt too bad a product it does reduce those random pimples but i find where i have put it on eg my chin or lip or forehead it cracks and itches once dried. it drives me crazy lol. and the pump is dodgy either nothing or too much comes out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by lausunu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! Over the years I had used a prescription acne cream for my breakouts but over time my body had built up a tolerance for it. After using other lush products and seeing amazing results (i.e. Fresh Farmacy, Tea Tree Water Toner, Ultrabland & Imperialis/Vanishing Cream), I had decided it was time to give Grease Lightning a go. I couldn't be more happy with the results this product has given me. No, it isn't a magical gel that zaps pimples away but it certainly makes them smaller and within a couple of days they are completely gone.

Salicylic acid is way too harsh on my skin personally so this formula with witch hazel and thyme is the perfect go to gel for when my skin decides to give me a hard time. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by yenyensoccer

I have combination skin and I'm acne prone on my forehead, especially between my eyebrows these days, and right above my lip. I have cleansers that help this, but the cleanser I use only helps get rid of the big breakouts. I didn't have a spot treatment that helped lessen the inflammation of my smaller acne, so I read some reviews and bought the Lush Grease Lightning spot treatment. The packaging was eh... The pump took a while to get started, I had to twist it a little, but I can't pump without getting a lot. However, this spot treatment works wonders. I had this cluster of acne near my hairline and between my eyebrows, and I put it on after my moisturizer and when I woke up, i felt the area and it was completely flattened and there were no bumps. You could still see some of the redness, but the inflammation had gone and the acne didn't hurt when I pressed it again. It is day 2 of using this product and I LOVE it. It doesn't take a while to start working on your face, the reaction is immediate!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by wildflowerveins

After reading through some of these reviews, I think a lot of people have had negative experiences because they are using this product all over their face as if it were a serum or moisturizer. This is a really great product IF you use it for what it is - a spot treatment. I'm prone to breakouts on my chin, some of which are deep and painful and nothing seems to get rid of them. I apply just a small amount to the infected area at night or when I'm not going out (the gel consistency makes it difficult to hide under make-up) and notice a reduction in redness in just hours and in size over night. It is by no means a miracle cure, but it does what it's supposed to and cuts the healing time for breakouts in half. I apply this on my face after cleansing, toning and moisturizing with a q-tip. One thing I do not like is the packaging. A lot of product comes out in one pump, much more than what is needed, so I feel like a lot of it is wasted. But it still lasts me a long time so overall I can't complain. Good product from LUSH, I'll be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by smansoor34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST spot treatment that I have EVER come across. On top of it being all-natural this stuff actually works! I've used many spot treatments but have never achieved the type of results that I have seen with this product. When I feel like a pimple is about to appear on my face, I apply this on that area and leave it overnight and when I wake up the next morning I can tell that the pimple is diminishing. This literally dries the area where you apply it out so that all the oil, dirt, and bacteria that is feeding the pimple gets eliminated leaving that area of the skin fresh and able to fight off the infection. When you think about it, a pimple IS the result of a localized infection on the face, the sebaceous gland becomes infected and as a result a pimple emerges. The Grease Lightning product is like medicine to that area. It helps that area of the skin heal before things get out of hand. I really like this product and will be purchasing it again. Only thing that I don't like is the packaging. It has this really flimsy pump and when I press too hard a lot of the product ends up coming out of the bottle and I don't want to put it back inside.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyjuicy1212

Today I will be reviewing lush grease lightning tea tree cleanser(acne treatment).First off I want to say that this product is all natural some of the main ingredients are tea tree,aloe,rosemary,lavender and leaf extract.Those are all natural! It is a gel but does not dry out your skin! It's so easy to use all you have to do is using of course your clean fingers to dab a small amount on your troubled skin and by the next day it should be gone!!!

It's a bit expensive though $ 12.99
I would recomend this product!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells great - natural and healing, I found the pump difficult to use, dispensing way to much product for a spots only treatment. I'm not sure this product actually helped reduce any of my breakouts, think I'l stick to the proven BP.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first spot treatment gel, and so glad I gave it a go! I have always suffered from spots on my jawline and forehead (even though good facial cleaning regime, exercise ect) and when I saw this I thought it would not help me. Was eventually persuaded to buy within LUSH and used it at night time before heading off to bed and the next morning. Over the course of a few weeks, my spots were significantly smaller and most had dried out. My face was also a lot smoother and spots were greatly reduced. I do feel this product is not so fab on more tougher spots, but that shouldn't stop you from trying this product out. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gentle, effective pimple treatment. Brings down pimple size significantly overnight but doesn't dry out the skin. Definitely a fan, and would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this morning and night and concentrate it most on my chin, around my nose, my WHOLE forehead and my temples, which are the places I break out most often. I tend to apply quite a bit of this but I keep it in a thin layer and it doesn't try my skin out too much. This can be a bit drying if applied to heavily.

I would say try this little guy out if you have moderate acne, if you have super severe acne this may not work for you but it doesn't hurt to try! LUSH is super generous with their samples!

If you do end up buying this and it doesn't work for you don't be afraid to return it! They are super good about returns, both with and without receipts. If you do have a receipt they will happily return it for a full refund and if you don't you can definitely exchange it for anything(s) in the store that are of equal value.

UPDATE: I brought my rating of this down to a 2. It seemed like after using it for a while it started to loose it's effectiveness. Or maybe my skin built up a tolerance too it, which my skin often does.