December 21, 2014 | 1869 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Kabuki Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Most E.L.F. cosmetics and brushes run you about 1, 2, or three dollars. But others, such as this brush and the high definition powder, will cost six dollars, at least at Target. This brush is colored like a reverse stippiling brush (black bottom bristles, white top bristles, if that makes any sense) and has a short black stub for a handle. I'm quite confused on where to store this because it's so cute and short and won't be tall enough for my brush cup, but is too adorable to be stuffed in my makeup drawer, so I keep it on my dresser and bask in its mini glory. The amazing thing about this brush is that you can use it for so much. I use it for blush on a daily basis, and could use it for bronzer if I wanted to (I prefer the studio blush brush for that. If you use mineral makeup, this would be amazing for that. I also want to try it with liquid foundation. I seriously love this brush, and have been so impressed with the E.L.F. studio line. I honestly can't believe this beauty is only six dollars! How does elf do it?! The one thing I don't like this for is powder--if I try to set my makeup with this, I find that it sort of smears my foundation/concealer around on my face. I do love this tough. Also, it does shed a little, but for six dollars I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So soft! I loved this better than my old makeup forever HD brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I really love this little brush, and I use it with a liquid foundation for a nice blended appearance. One thing though, you have to wash it frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by hurrkatrina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does a great job. Just wish the handle was a tad bigger. Besides that, I love it. Use it on the daily with powder and powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely brush. It washes well. Very soft and dense.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by PhilomenaY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Firstly, let me tell you, this brush is awesome. If you are in US, this will be an amazing buy for you as it costs only $5-$6, but in Singapore, it retails for $19.90 and this is really normal because makeup in sg is really really expensive and even the price of an average drugstore mascara is $20, but let me tell you, I would rather spend $20 on a brush than to pay $80 for a (mac kabuki) brush that is similar in both density and quality! Great for beginners like me! Definitely recommend and is super soft it feels like a pillow literally!

Edit: I guess I'm gonna have to splurge on a MAC 182 buffer brush! This sucks... Ive washed it a few times since and when I was trying to squeeze the excess water out, the whole freakin brush flew out! Literally! I was like HOLY MOLY!!! Hahaha! Anyway, I'll never try another elf brush... Super disappointed :(
And when I washed it with olive oil and antibacterial hand soap, it did not rinse properly no matter how hard I tried and felt sticky... Yikes

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a great buy considering it was only $6.00!

Pros...

-The handle is just the right size to be able to fit comfortably into your hand.

-The price is awesome and at $6.00, you can't go wrong.

-Very soft bristles.

-Thick, Dense and not flimsy or cheap feeling.

-Professional looking and definitely not "cheap" looking.

-Applies powder and blush flawlessly.

-Large enough to be able to get larger areas such as the neck, chest, and arms.

Cons....

-My one any only complaint is the fact that it sheds like crazy. It's been through around 6 washes and it just won't stop shedding.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this brush for anyone on a beauty budget looking for a nice brush that will get the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by DonDiva

Confession time :: I use this kabuki almost exclusively. its so perfect. It applies my foundations perfectly, my powders... perfectly, my blushes ( i prefer a little firmer ) and even to reset makeup through out the day. ( without product ) it feels good on my skin especially after a good exfoliating. It does shed but so far in the last 3 months ( this cycle of blushes ) i've seen maybe 20 bristles and use 3 different ones. Thats not bad for heavy usage i think.

24 bought so far and counting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

I ordered one and loved it so much that I ordered a second one for backup. IT'S SOOOO SOFT!! And really dense.
I apply my liquid foundation with a foundation brush and then blend it in with this brush, and then after that I use this brush again to apply powder.
You know when you apply foundation and after a while your brush gets cakey and you obviously have to wash it? Well with this one that doesn't happen for some reason and I'm able to apply my powder foundation on right away. It's amazing, and only $6.. soo good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This product has so many uses and I hope to buy a few more! It applies mineral makeup evenly, bronzer, pressed powder, etc! My skin gets quite dry and flaky during the winter but this brush is SO soft and non-irritating to my dry patches, I just love it! All ELF brushes are impressive and a good value imo but the kabuki brush is a must-have for me if I could only choose one face brush.