August 27, 2014 | 1990 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Kabuki Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a great buy considering it was only $6.00!

Pros...

-The handle is just the right size to be able to fit comfortably into your hand.

-The price is awesome and at $6.00, you can't go wrong.

-Very soft bristles.

-Thick, Dense and not flimsy or cheap feeling.

-Professional looking and definitely not "cheap" looking.

-Applies powder and blush flawlessly.

-Large enough to be able to get larger areas such as the neck, chest, and arms.

Cons....

-My one any only complaint is the fact that it sheds like crazy. It's been through around 6 washes and it just won't stop shedding.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this brush for anyone on a beauty budget looking for a nice brush that will get the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by DonDiva

Confession time :: I use this kabuki almost exclusively. its so perfect. It applies my foundations perfectly, my powders... perfectly, my blushes ( i prefer a little firmer ) and even to reset makeup through out the day. ( without product ) it feels good on my skin especially after a good exfoliating. It does shed but so far in the last 3 months ( this cycle of blushes ) i've seen maybe 20 bristles and use 3 different ones. Thats not bad for heavy usage i think.

24 bought so far and counting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

I ordered one and loved it so much that I ordered a second one for backup. IT'S SOOOO SOFT!! And really dense.
I apply my liquid foundation with a foundation brush and then blend it in with this brush, and then after that I use this brush again to apply powder.
You know when you apply foundation and after a while your brush gets cakey and you obviously have to wash it? Well with this one that doesn't happen for some reason and I'm able to apply my powder foundation on right away. It's amazing, and only $6.. soo good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This product has so many uses and I hope to buy a few more! It applies mineral makeup evenly, bronzer, pressed powder, etc! My skin gets quite dry and flaky during the winter but this brush is SO soft and non-irritating to my dry patches, I just love it! All ELF brushes are impressive and a good value imo but the kabuki brush is a must-have for me if I could only choose one face brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by chupachups79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's really cheap, so I won't complain because "you get what you pay for". I use this to apply blush and it's really great for that as it picks up the right amount and you can gently buff it on to your cheeks. The bristles are soft and dense. However, it sheds. I've always had a bristle or two coming loose during usage. So, I'll think twice about repurchasing it. Also, it takes a long time to dry after washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, LOVE this brush! I picked it up awhile ago at Target while just browsing around. I needed a good powder brush since I was just using some random one my mom gave me. First, this is so adorable. It's like the size of my palm and the brush is so dang soft! I love it! It feels so nice on my face and it's great quality! It's a little bit of a hassle to wash, it takes awhile to dry, but that doesn't really bother me. It does shed a little, but I can handle that, too. It's amazing and I think I will have it for a LONG time and I definitely will repurchase if I need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

I was shopping at my local Target when I was browsing the makeup section and came across ELF portion. I was looking to repurchase the tone correcting powder( or the complexion perfection...). I happened to spot the studio kabuki face brush. I was thinking to myself hmmm. Why not, its only $6? I purchased it and went home. The next day in the morning when I was applying my face powder I was about to reach for my Ecotools bronzing brush, when I thought to myself "I should use the new brush I just bought" I used it and I was BLOWN AWAY! I could not believe how soft it was. Since then I have been using it everyday. This is my HG kabuki brush high end or drugstore. I highly recommend this. It doesn't matter if you are just a beginner of a makeup artist your collection is not complete without this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ek917

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great brush! I use it for my powder (loreal true match n1) and for blending everything together- gives my face such a flawless look! A little expensive for elf ($6) but when you compare it to higher end brands its a pretty good deal. The brush is super soft and I have not had any problems with shedding so far. Another great purchase from elf!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best makeup brush I've ever bought! It's extremely soft and worth way more than six bucks! I love this so much and use it every stinkin day :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF's Kabuki Face Brush is an "antibacterial synthetic haired taklon brush that's soft and absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create flawless looks with this brush! Our handy and easy to use kabuki brush provides light to full coverage on your face or body to ensure a flawless finish, The compact brush is perfectly sized to allow for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or highlighter on your skin". Does anyone else read ELF's descriptions in Achelle's voice? ELF's Kabuki brush is one of their more expensive products running you about $6. After being a little disappointed by Bare Esscentuals Full Coverage Kabuki and absolutely despising Wet n Wild's kabuki, I was questing for a new one. I bought this brush at Target, but ELF products can be ordered from the brand's website, and bought in store at select Walmarts, Kmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores. ELF products are cruelty free and vegan friendly. This product was made in China.
This kabuki came in a black box that I seem to have lost. The brush looks great, it's very Make Up For Ever in style. The short, round handle is made of black plastic and features the ELF logo and brush name. The handle is just the right size and is very comfortable in the hand. The brush's bristles are white with black tips, it looks pretty dang stylish. The brush head is almost perfectly round and keeps it's shape well through washings and intense buffing sessions. The density of ELF's Kabuki Face Brush is astounding. This brush must have a million bristles. It's so think and luxurious and may I add, fun to play with! A few bristles splay slightly around the perimeter, but its nothing major. I lose a bristle every one in a while during application, but ELF's kabuki sheds significantly less than the other two I've tried. ELF's Studio Kabuki Face Brush washes well, all the product comes out and it dries surprisingly fast for it's density. I didn't even mention the softness of this brush! It's great, really a joy to use.
I tend to use ELF's Kabuki Face Brush mainly for buffing on both pressed and loose powder. This bursh is also great for a light dusting of bronzer, but if you're looking to contour, you'll need something with a more concentrated head. I feel like this brush is too large for blush and highlighting powder, but that's really a matter of face shapes and personal preference. This brush head is also large enough for use on the body if you're one to apply bronzer or highlighter to your cleavage or legs or whatevs. ELF used to offer a larger version for the body, but I don't see it on the website anymore, so I'm under the impression that it's discontinued.
Finally, a kabuki brush that I can love! ELF's Studio Kabuki Face Brush is wonderful. It's so thick and dense, it keeps it's shape and barely sheds at all. This brush has multiple uses, but I most prefer it for face powder. This brush is very affordable, only $6. I'm so glad that I finally grabbed this brush. I highly recommend ELF's Studio Kabuki Face Brush, I doubt you can find a better kabuki at the drugstore, or even from a high end brand.