E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

I love this brush, great for the price! It is great for applying powder and for just tossing in your purse for touch ups! One reason I gave it 4/5 lippies is cause it did shed for me when washing it and when applying powder at times, otherwise it is the best kabuki I own and def recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So I went on an E.L.F. haul this week and one of the items I picked up was the Studio Kabuki Face Brush. How soft it is! How delightfully soft! This is the third Kabuki brush I have owned and I'm sure this is by far the best but certainly not the cheapest. The bristles are white with tinged black at the tips and a black handle. It is just the right size for your hand, a good hefty Kabuki brush for 6 dollars.
It has not left any bristles on my face nor has it lost any bristles during washing. So far, so good. That's always been my main complaint with any brush I use. This Kabuki delicately swipes my powder across my skin as it should leaving a flawless finish, as I expect it to. That's what a Kabuki brush should do. Leave a gentle, light finish. The handle is supposed to be short to allow an easy handling and not a heavy hand in applying your powder/blush/bronzer. E.L.F. did a good job in their design.
I use it with E.L.F.'s High Definition Powder, which is a white, sheer, loose powder in a tub. I swirl the brush in the powder, tap it and apply it to my face. It leaves just the right amount on my skin as I buff it across various areas, allowing the powder to leave a nice, dewy finish without settling into any fine lines, creases or pores.
Since it doesn't come with its own holder, I kept the plastic upright container it was boxed in and use that as my Kabuki Brush's stand. It keeps it fresh and clean from outside contaminants. It's easy to wash and dries overnight. A little bulky to put in your makeup bag with the container and you'd squash it if you carried it alone., but you really don't need to carry one around during the day. It's a great brush at a bargain price, you won't be sorry for trying it.

on 5/2/2013 9:15:00 PM

love this. great for bronzer.

on 5/1/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Super soft kabuki brush that is even better than department store brushes that won't set you back $30+. Doesn't shed, and picks up a good amount of product. Awesome with loose powder, awesome with even pressed powder, and dries relatively quickly when you wash it.

My only complaint is that it doesn't come with a carrying case... I reused the plastic sleeve it came with over and over again until I found a random plastic snap top case for glasses cleaning cloths that houses it nicely. Otherwise, a near perfect product!

This Kabuki brush is the softest thing ever! It's also great with powder. I definitely recommend you buy this!!!!!!!

on 4/26/2013 8:44:00 AM

*sigh* So soft I could take a nap on it!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes, I like to just touch it because it's so soft. I know: weird. Distributes my powder evenly and lightly.

on 4/20/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this to use this to set my E.L.F HD setting powder. Since then I gotten 2 of them in case one sheds but so far so good.

on 4/16/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I LOVE this brush. I use it for days when I use powder foundation, it helps control how much I pick up and it buffs the powder to foundation. Its so soft and durable.

on 4/16/2013 12:42:00 AM

This brush is so soft. Unfortunately I like brushes with longer handles so I don't much use out of it. Either way it was still worth the buy.

on 4/8/2013 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love love love this brush! Its everything i want in a brush. Thick, soft, and is well put together. Its amazing for the small price! I wouldnt trade this for any high end brush. Period. Since it is so thick it takes longer to dry after cleaning. But still a great brush!