Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

People say it's a pretty good lipstick, but for me it dries out my lips and the shimmer is very hard to get off. The formula is hard so I can't really 'smooth' it onto my lips, I kinda have to pat it on. The color is also way too light for me, especially since getting a tan. Really did not expect it to be this bad.

I find this to be a very lady-like pink, it does have shimmer, but I think just the right amount. It has a very nice texture, just moisturizing enough to be comfortable, but not so much that it wears off too fast. I think this feels nicer than other brands that claim to moisturize but are drying (cover girl lip perfection ) for instance. A very good lipstick at a decent price. Drug stores seem to be stepping it up a bit.

on 4/28/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

After all the other rave reviews I really wanted to like this product. I have olive tan skin. Two things I did not like. 1 - The color does me no favors because it's waaay to shiny pink. Too much sparkle. 2 - I also noticed that my lips were dry after it faded. Maybe I needed the moisture version. Not for me! I felt that it made me look too pale.

on 4/4/2011 9:11:00 AM

Looks great in the tube but applies a totally different colour! This lipstick looked like a cheap shimmery mess on my lips. I have warm undertones and this is too cool toned for me. There were also way too many white shimmers through the lipstick and it just reminded me of those cheap makeup you play with as a kid. I can see it working for people with cool undertones but sadly it just wasn't for me. I regret buying it purely based on how it looked like in the tube, it's my fault, I should have swatched it.

Oh, bummer - I finally found a shade of pale pink that was flattering ("Born With It" in the now discontinued Moisture Extreme line) and now it's been discontinued. The new "Born With It" in the new "Colorsensational" line is not the same. I'm a pale skinned brunette and the old "Born With It" (A34) was a bit deeper and lacked the frost. The new lipstick is paler and has a whitish looking frost to it that is unflattering and just makes me look washed out. I really wish they'd kept the color the same and omitted the frost.

FWIW, the new "Pink Peony" (035) is a little deeper pink, and though it's still frosted, doesn't give my lips the whitish caste that the new "Born With It" does.

on 3/16/2011 5:46:00 PM

This is a light, milky pink nude lipstick that has a slight shimmer. I find that this is way too light for my skintone/lip color (around NC20 and my lips are beigy grey) but it would look great with someone who is more pale or who has more pigmented lips.

on 3/8/2011 4:35:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of lipsticks. I tried drugstore and high-end brands before, but I felt like most colours were unflattering for my skin tone and features. This one, though, is just the right shade of pink, although, unfortunately, it is a bit sheerer than I'd like it to be. It's slightly pinker than my natural lip colour, so it looks very... natural (I'm not big on synonyms, haha). I find it works best used on top of lip balm, to create a creamy consistancy. The glitters are indeed annoying, but I usually apply a thin coat of Rimmel's Vintage Pink or NYX's Smokey Look on top, which prevents them from falling all over the place (those being the only other 2 lipstick/gloss I own...). The smell doesn't bother me. I think Rimmel's lipsticks stink a LOT more than Maybelline's, but that's just my opinion. Despite not being perfect, this is going to be the first lipstick I ever see the end of and re-purchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really think Maybelline got pale pink lipstick right with Born With It in their Colorsensational line. I suppose it makes sense since the product carries the brand's slogan. Born With It is a pale pink that's not too milky and not too sheer. (I tried other pale pinks, like MAC Creme Cup, that were just too milky and unflattering.) The undertone is pretty neutral, so I can see this working for most skintones. Also, there is a touch of very fine shimmer, but it just adds a little dimension without looking glittery. All in all, this is a wonderful every day lipstick.

on 2/7/2011 5:37:00 PM

So pretty. Lip products don't last long on me so I don't see the point in spending a lot of money on them. But this lasts way longer than most lipsticks I've tried. Perfect color, moisturizing, and cute packaging. Does have shimmer, but that is perfectly fine with me. Does not get stuck on dry patches.

on 2/1/2011 4:05:00 PM

This product is a great dupe for Too Faced Lip of Luxury lipstick in Free Love. The undertone is cool, mauve-y so I won't be repurchasing. As usual with a drug store brand, this had too much glitter. Great color overall if you don't mind a cool toned pink, and nice consistency. A solid drug store lip stick overall.

Popular Lipsticks