Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great pale pink shimmer lipstick. It would work great on cooler skinned girls but i loved the shade so much i bought it anyway. It doesn't quite match my nc35 skintone but it looks good with a gloss on top & some pink lipliner to make it blend more seamlessly. I like the texture & longevity of the maybelline colorsensational line & would buy other shades, maybe in the brown family.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't think it looks like Hue because Hue completely matches my skin and this color is so pretty and pink with a little bit of shimmer! I love it. It's a little bit of sparkle for a nice neutral looking lip. Just what I need for school/work/everyday

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lipstick. I usually never wear lipstick so i wanted to try a cheap one. I got this on sale and it looked awesome on me. I love to pair it with my babysparks lipgloss from MAC. Its the PERFECT combo for pink shimmery lips!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

No matter how deeply pigmented your lips are naturally, you can just skip the concealer and apply this straight up on your lips and the colour will show, which works for me because I have very dark red lips and usually have to apply concealer before lipstick, but not with this.
Another plus is how creamy this lipstick is! it's really creamy and not matte.

The huge downside is it doesn't last.
You always have to re-apply this lipstick, even without eating/drinking I still think by the end of the day it does naturally fade.
The color is really nice, It's a nice nude pink-peach colour.

Overall, I will not repurchase this lipstick because it has no longwearing power at all.
The color although beautiful it does not last.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

People say it's a pretty good lipstick, but for me it dries out my lips and the shimmer is very hard to get off. The formula is hard so I can't really 'smooth' it onto my lips, I kinda have to pat it on. The color is also way too light for me, especially since getting a tan. Really did not expect it to be this bad.

I find this to be a very lady-like pink, it does have shimmer, but I think just the right amount. It has a very nice texture, just moisturizing enough to be comfortable, but not so much that it wears off too fast. I think this feels nicer than other brands that claim to moisturize but are drying (cover girl lip perfection ) for instance. A very good lipstick at a decent price. Drug stores seem to be stepping it up a bit.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

After all the other rave reviews I really wanted to like this product. I have olive tan skin. Two things I did not like. 1 - The color does me no favors because it's waaay to shiny pink. Too much sparkle. 2 - I also noticed that my lips were dry after it faded. Maybe I needed the moisture version. Not for me! I felt that it made me look too pale.

Looks great in the tube but applies a totally different colour! This lipstick looked like a cheap shimmery mess on my lips. I have warm undertones and this is too cool toned for me. There were also way too many white shimmers through the lipstick and it just reminded me of those cheap makeup you play with as a kid. I can see it working for people with cool undertones but sadly it just wasn't for me. I regret buying it purely based on how it looked like in the tube, it's my fault, I should have swatched it.

Oh, bummer - I finally found a shade of pale pink that was flattering ("Born With It" in the now discontinued Moisture Extreme line) and now it's been discontinued. The new "Born With It" in the new "Colorsensational" line is not the same. I'm a pale skinned brunette and the old "Born With It" (A34) was a bit deeper and lacked the frost. The new lipstick is paler and has a whitish looking frost to it that is unflattering and just makes me look washed out. I really wish they'd kept the color the same and omitted the frost.

FWIW, the new "Pink Peony" (035) is a little deeper pink, and though it's still frosted, doesn't give my lips the whitish caste that the new "Born With It" does.

This is a light, milky pink nude lipstick that has a slight shimmer. I find that this is way too light for my skintone/lip color (around NC20 and my lips are beigy grey) but it would look great with someone who is more pale or who has more pigmented lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin