December 22, 2014 | 1332 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essie - Matte About You

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by statuesque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best matte top coat I have tried yet. That said, I haven't had a chance to try Orly's yet. I am partial to Orly products, too.

Essie's Matte About You gives the perfect matte satiny texture I am after in a matte polish. And it turns any polish I own into a satiny matte wonderland. I love this because I am not stuck to the colors available in a matte lacquer line. Sally Hansen makes this grey that I adore. With Essie's Matte About You, I can make this grey loveliness into a matte polish, perfect for days when I am not feeling the positivity of shiny nails. The price is great and the product is wonderful. It dries quickly and lasts for ages. If you are feeling the matte trend, you won't regret Essie's matte top coat!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

Pretty self explanatory product. I have noticed that it tends to pick up dried polish when I'm applying over bright colors (you know, sort of dissolving them and smearing them all over and the color ends up in the Matte About You bottle) so one lippie off for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by tatsudoshi65

This product delivers! It does especially well if you're doing a nail design that uses different colors and you end up with a raised textured from layering polishes; just swipe a layer of this over your nail and your nail is smooth like you only put one coat on! It give a unique look when only using one color of polish as well. I love this stuff. You can get really creative with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by neverunpolished

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never used any other matte top coats, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but Essie Matte About You works very well for me. It dries quickly and lasts for as long as I wear my polish (usually one day, 3 days maximum). I especially love to use it over glitter polishes, and I will definitely be purchasing again when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in luuurve. I haven't tried other matte polishes, so I haven't got any base of comparison, but why bother when you've got this one?

To be highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product - seriously - I don't know how it works...but it will make ANY nail polish have a matte finish! So super cool!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl82

Honestly, what a great product. It's a lot easier to use than I thought and I love that it completely changes the look of a polish instead of having to buy a matte polish. Genius.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by BellaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I doubled my np collection. It's so quick drying too. I get so many compliments when I use this especially over glitter nail colors, it creates such a unique look no other product (that I know of) can achieve.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i regret buying a matte polish before buying this. ive technically doubled my np collection b/c now everythingggg can be mattified. love this stuff. i waited to use a coupon on it but i wouldnt hesitate to replace it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by f33xc0re

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If it were possible to fall in love with a nail polish, I would be madly in love with this. I was literally SHOCKED at how amazing it is when I first put it on. It's the perfect top coat for me. I must say I love the matte look too... It's more subtle than a shiny glaze. If you're someone who simply can't get a perfect finish either because of bubbles, or touching it too early, or just not being able to smooth out your polish before it begins to thicken, this is THE product for you. It's matte, so a little roughness on the finish won't be noticable and there's no shininess to accentuate the imperfections, also it dries really fast! If you're even a bit interested in a matte look for your nails, give this a try, I'd pay way more than $10 to buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No