Essie Matte About You

4.4

Ehtyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Dissobutyrate, Silica, Adipic Acid/neopnetyl Glycol/trimllitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonum Hectorite, Citric Acid.

Not impressed. It made my nails chip and looked like an old dry paint job. Not a fan.

on 7/31/2010 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the best matte top coat I have tried yet. That said, I haven't had a chance to try Orly's yet. I am partial to Orly products, too.

Essie's Matte About You gives the perfect matte satiny texture I am after in a matte polish. And it turns any polish I own into a satiny matte wonderland. I love this because I am not stuck to the colors available in a matte lacquer line. Sally Hansen makes this grey that I adore. With Essie's Matte About You, I can make this grey loveliness into a matte polish, perfect for days when I am not feeling the positivity of shiny nails. The price is great and the product is wonderful. It dries quickly and lasts for ages. If you are feeling the matte trend, you won't regret Essie's matte top coat!

Pretty self explanatory product. I have noticed that it tends to pick up dried polish when I'm applying over bright colors (you know, sort of dissolving them and smearing them all over and the color ends up in the Matte About You bottle) so one lippie off for that.

on 7/31/2010 3:42:00 PM

This product delivers! It does especially well if you're doing a nail design that uses different colors and you end up with a raised textured from layering polishes; just swipe a layer of this over your nail and your nail is smooth like you only put one coat on! It give a unique look when only using one color of polish as well. I love this stuff. You can get really creative with it!

I have never used any other matte top coats, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but Essie Matte About You works very well for me. It dries quickly and lasts for as long as I wear my polish (usually one day, 3 days maximum). I especially love to use it over glitter polishes, and I will definitely be purchasing again when I run out!

on 7/20/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm in luuurve. I haven't tried other matte polishes, so I haven't got any base of comparison, but why bother when you've got this one?

To be highly recommended!

on 7/15/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing product - seriously - I don't know how it works...but it will make ANY nail polish have a matte finish! So super cool!

on 7/15/2010 1:20:00 PM

Honestly, what a great product. It's a lot easier to use than I thought and I love that it completely changes the look of a polish instead of having to buy a matte polish. Genius.

on 6/10/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this product. I doubled my np collection. It's so quick drying too. I get so many compliments when I use this especially over glitter nail colors, it creates such a unique look no other product (that I know of) can achieve.

on 6/10/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i regret buying a matte polish before buying this. ive technically doubled my np collection b/c now everythingggg can be mattified. love this stuff. i waited to use a coupon on it but i wouldnt hesitate to replace it!

Top Rated Essie Products