Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 7/2/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

By far the HG of base coats - where has this been all my life. Easily makes a pedicure (don't polish my fingernails) last 3-4 weeks w/o showing signs of wear. This is fabulous - and does exactly what it says: creates a sticky bond between the nail base and the polish. Fabulous!

The only downside is that if I wear dark tints my toenails do go yellowish. Possibly more so than with standard base coat - although I'm not entirely sure of this. Just seems that way. That said, that is a normal thing and can be remedied quite quickly.

Will be purchasing this product again - it makes it a joy to get a pedicure (as opposed to wondering how long it will last)!

on 6/24/2010 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This base coat is great at creating a bond between your nail and your nail polish helping to prolong the wear of your polish. Don't wait for it to dry just apply your colour over it straight away. Great product.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. I bought it because I found it on sale and decided it was worth a try. It does seem to help my color stick. I love it that I can start applying polish immediately. And I also love it that I only need one coat of this base coat to give good coverage and prep the nail for color. Well worth the money.

on 5/12/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I hate it, no matter how thin of a coat i use and apply nail polish it does not dry!!!will not buy again..

I have used this base coat for years. It does a wonderful job.

I may try others to compare, but I am VERY happy with this. The current bottle I'm using I have had for YEARS and it is still good.

on 4/17/2010 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I recently rediscovered this product, and I can't believe I ever strayed. I started using it a few years ago when I got into nails (thanks to the nail board) and then for some reason when my bottle ran out I switched to Orly Bonder and never went back. I think because Bonder is more readily available.

But a few months ago I decided to pick this up again, and it is SO much better than Bonder and even Sally Hansen Nail Quencher, which I find works really well with Zoya. Stickey is amazing with everything, though, even drugstore polishes that I had given up on wearing. I currently have it on with an OPI Matte and no topcoat, and my mani has still lasted 2 days. (That's pretty good wear for me normally and GREAT for a matte polish.)

I will never buy anything else again, and will gladly pay retail price for this basecoat. It is well worth it.

on 2/27/2010 2:23:00 AM

This basecoat was recommended to me as a HG product from a nail professional. I've tried it all and was excited by the prospect of a manicure lasting more than two days before chipping. Sadly, this product did not live up to the hype (at least for me!!). Nail polish started to chip within a day and a half... :(. Back to searching for a HG base coat that extends the life of a manicure!!

on 2/13/2010 1:23:00 AM

Absolutely adore this base coat. I have used OPI and Sally Hansen, and they have chipped and peeled on me. I use Seche Vite top coat and I feel the difference when I use Stickey-- I poke my nails a few minutes after application to see it's 'doneness' (out of curiosity and impatience) but the little dents that I make smoothens after awhile; they bounce back! Now this doesn't happen with the other base coats, which just hardens faster but chips or peel-off. I also don't experience staining when I use this, and that's big for me.

on 2/7/2010 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this Base Coat! I used to never like applying a Base Coat before because my nails would NEVER dry, or the nailpolish would be left "mushy," and I would be annoyed to find imprints all over my newly manicured nails. But that doesn't happen with this Base Coat at all! It dries almost as soon as I apply it, and it does not dry too shiney so as to make it difficult to apply colored nailpolish on top of it. What's more, it keeps my nailpolish from chipping for days and days. This product had been recommended to me, and I couldn't wait to buy it and try it out. I definitely was not disappointed, and it's become a staple of my nailpolish collection.

on 1/30/2010 2:39:00 AM

My nail polish stays and stays and stays and staaaaaays!!! I think I went 5 days until it started to wear - not chip!! just the edges would show wear - I use in combo with seche vite top coat!! try it!

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products