July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by jlladybug10

This basecoat was recommended to me as a HG product from a nail professional. I've tried it all and was excited by the prospect of a manicure lasting more than two days before chipping. Sadly, this product did not live up to the hype (at least for me!!). Nail polish started to chip within a day and a half... :(. Back to searching for a HG base coat that extends the life of a manicure!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by aporcupine

Absolutely adore this base coat. I have used OPI and Sally Hansen, and they have chipped and peeled on me. I use Seche Vite top coat and I feel the difference when I use Stickey-- I poke my nails a few minutes after application to see it's 'doneness' (out of curiosity and impatience) but the little dents that I make smoothens after awhile; they bounce back! Now this doesn't happen with the other base coats, which just hardens faster but chips or peel-off. I also don't experience staining when I use this, and that's big for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Romana003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this Base Coat! I used to never like applying a Base Coat before because my nails would NEVER dry, or the nailpolish would be left "mushy," and I would be annoyed to find imprints all over my newly manicured nails. But that doesn't happen with this Base Coat at all! It dries almost as soon as I apply it, and it does not dry too shiney so as to make it difficult to apply colored nailpolish on top of it. What's more, it keeps my nailpolish from chipping for days and days. This product had been recommended to me, and I couldn't wait to buy it and try it out. I definitely was not disappointed, and it's become a staple of my nailpolish collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by mizznk

My nail polish stays and stays and stays and staaaaaays!!! I think I went 5 days until it started to wear - not chip!! just the edges would show wear - I use in combo with seche vite top coat!! try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

Brilliant base coat. As the name says, it goes on, and stays sticky, allowing for the polish to grip it. It lengthens the life of a manicure, and is IMO is the best base coat I've used to date - I think CND make great base and top coats, theirs are the only ones that I use now. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The optimal base coat to get nail polish staying on for nearly a whole week!! I was previously using OPI Chip Skip, but wasn't happy with the performance of that product - my nails still chipped really quickly. Happily I stumbled upon Creatives Sticky Start & haven't looked back. A fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by AbsolutelyCold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good base coat that nail colors stick to. Even by itself it creates a nice sheen on nails and paired with a good top coat. It has extended my manicures last an extra few days. I can't think of anything more I would want from a base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite base coat hands down. I never used to wear polish because it would chip so easily but then I found Stickey. I use this for the "stickey sandwhich" (Thank you nail board). I apply as a base coat to clean nails, apply two coats of color, one more coat of stickey, then top coat. I know this sounds like a lot of polish but I have never had polish wear better. There are two things I would change if i could 1) I would make it clear because when you do the sandwhich it sometimes shows through super sheer colors, and 2) I would make the brush a little longer so I can use it all up.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily nails. Very. I put a drop or two of OPI Bond Aid of on my nails, a coat of this and then my polish.It sticks and stays and my polish lasts longer than 2 days before peeling'cracking/fading.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I've used a specific base coat (usually I just used clear nail polish or a top coat), and I have to say I really like it. Granted, I'm not not a connoisseur by any means, but I would definitely repurchase this product.

Nail polish seems to stick to it really well, and I noticed a difference with my manicure lasting as soon as I started using it.

It's not perfect, though: I have noticed that while it didn't dry out my nails, it didn't seem to be nourishing to my nails either, but I used another product and that seemed to help.