April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love the clarisonic given all the great things I'd heard about it before purchasing it. The first couple of days I tried it out, I thought it was amazing how clean it made my skin feel and how much makeup and dirt/oil it removed from what seemed to me like a properly cleansed face. That's where the good stuff ended. I started breaking out horribly and I think the clarisonic just irritated my skin even more. After I stopped using the clarisonic, my skin slowly started to heal and normalized.

I think this product is better suited to those who have minimal to no acne issues. From my personal experience, the clarisonic was way too harsh for my skin and did not help it in the long run.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for face circulation and exfoliation.

If you have sensitive skin be very gentle as too much pressure will irritate.

Since I remove my makeup prior to using my Mia I cannot attest to how wonderful it would be removing a full face of makeup. There are times when I see a very little makeup on my brush head after using so I guess it picks up what is left of it.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
So far, the charging instructions are correct and I have had the Mia for a couple of months now.

I highly recommend getting the MIA for all skin types!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just a wonderful tool! I love it for face circulation and I know it does some exfoliating.
The Mia is pretty small so it does not take up much room and fits easily into your hand. I have fairly sensitve skin and find it to be very gentle. The timer is so perfect for me as I sometimes over do things and more is not always better. Very quick and not at all tedious.
I use it at night, first removing my face makeup. A little gentle cleanser is placed on the brush. Then away I go.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
I will not be without this ever and will probably give a few as presents next Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kathysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic is the best thing out there. I bought it because I found myself breaking out in milia. For the first 3 months my skin did purge, I used it everyday. But it was all worth it. I've been using it for 6 months and my skin is so smooth, the size of my pores have reduced, and I don't even wear foundation anymore!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every other day. I love that it is gentle and has a waterproof case. It's a great way to clean, exfoliate, and relax my skin anytime of the day. Only problem I have is that it is an extremely expensive investment! If it were half the price, these would make great gifts.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's the story of my experience with the Clarisonic Mia:

I work as an archaeologist and have gotten kind of obsessed about cleaning my face in the evenings after long sweaty days where my face is covered in sunscreen, sweat, and dirt. A coworker goes for facials, but I decided I'd try the Mia (which would be, in my opinion, the less expensive of the two options).

When I first started using the Mia I'd only use it about 3 times a week so as not to shock my skin because a friend suggested that using it twice a day could be too harsh for some people.

The first thing I noticed was that my skin absorbed moisturizer far better than before, but other than that I didn't see a great change in my skin (which is sensitive and prone to break outs). I was sort of skeptical of its benefits, but I kept with it. I now use it in the evenings (because I'm too lazy in the morning) and in the morning and at night on the weekend.

It's now been nearly 6 months and I'm glad I stuck with it: my skin has never been better. The trick for me was to exfoliate before using the Mia, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the full benefits of using the Mia in the first place.

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I haven't had a breakout since my new skincare regime. *happy dance*

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by brownsonana

I have been using this brush for almost 2 years. And I am very pleased! I use the refreshing gel with the brush and it does a beautiful job! After a week my face started to look beautiful!! I am so happy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know my review will make a few people butthurt cause everyone seems to go bonkers for this product. I used it for about 3 months before I let it go and formed my solid opinion. Here it goes.

THE FACTS:
-it is a deep cleaning/exfoliating system. it's supposed to remove makeup, bacteria, dirt, excess oil and can reduce breakouts, pore size and fine lines. also claims to make your other skin care products work better and to their full potential.
-it has a variety of different brush heads from deep cleansing to acne prone. however the clarisonic mia itself always comes with the normal brush-head. They need to be change every 3-4 months otherwise they get frayed and scratchy. very similar to replacing a toothbrush.
-the clarisonic mia charger is magnetic and takes 24 hours to charge completely. I suggest always charging it at nightime while youre sleeping so it wont conk out on you in the morning. if you're not using it, charge it!
-it is waterproof and can be used in the shower.
-it comes in a variety of fun colors as well. red, pink, blue, orange, gree, grey, white ect.
-individual brusheads are 25 dollars each and the whole clarisonic mia package with the charger and one brushead is 120 dollars.

MY EXPERIENCE
-first night i used it i was pleased. removed EVERYTHING from my face [i wear a full face of makeup). made me feel clean but not overclean. my face felt soft and smooth. didn't have any weird reactions at first.
-after the 1-2 week mark of using it i broke out like crazy! every says this is called the "skin purging phase" and it causes you to break out because it is bringing everything to the surface. not sure how i feel about that but the breakouts did clear up around the 3 week mark.
-however after the breakouts stopped the improvement stopped as well. i have no clue what happened. at first my skin was less oily and my face felt cleaner but i saw NO CHANGE in my pore size or my breakouts. i was still getting pimples and i felt like the clarisonic mia was making them more painful and they were harder to get rid of. WEIRD considering it's supposed to help with those correct? Hmm...
-i thought i could try a different brush head maybe the normal one just wasn't enough, tried 2 more and got the same result.
-i ended up with some really painful cystic breakouts on my cheeks and some redness that was not there before. redness has never been an issue for my skin till i used this.
-got to a point where i gave up and my redness went down and the breakouts began to clear up. thought about giving it another go but i'm too scared of having the same thing happen again. such a waste of time.

All in all, I REALLY wanted to fall in love with this. Thousands of people have and I still can't figure out why it didn't work well with me in any way. Even if it didn't help with my breakouts I figured for the price and the hype that it would do something that other products don't. My opinion is it's not worth the money but that's just my own experience. It's amazing concept, not discrediting it at all but I would just be careful and do as much research as you can before you splash out the 120 dollars for it. My skin has been better since I stopped. Not the experience I was expecting.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MarliH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can tell you, without a doubt, that the Mia is my "can not live without" product!!!! I have always had trouble skin. I have tried everything out there. I was on Acutane as a teenager and have been on and off with using proactive. I purchased the Mia after trying proactive for the last time. I had a terrible reaction to the proactive and got my money back.
Yes, as with many, I did break out in the beginning of using my Mia. . I realized that the clarisonic acne wash that came with it was irritating my skin. I quickly got rid of that. Then I decided to go on the clarisonic site and read the reviews about break outs. I FOUND THE CURE, After each use, I take a little bit of dawn antibacterial dish soap and hot water and thoroughly clean my brush head. I use it twice a day and do it every time. I take it apart as well, once a week, and clean the brush and holder. I think the MIA, along with my PHILOSOPHY PURITY facial cleanser are my "must haves"!!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first week or two that I used the Mia my skin looked fantastic. Pores were looking clearer, skin was glowing and starting to look smooth.

Sadly the positive results didn't last, and after a couple of weeks of once daily use my skin texture began to feel quite rough and look ruddy. I also began to develop deep cysts.

I stopped using the Mia and returned to my previous routine, and within about 4 weeks my skin cleared up. I waited a few months and tried again, this time only using it once every 3 days. Within a few weeks though my skin started to misbehave again. So I stopped using it.

Fast forward more than a year and I again tried it. Using the sensitive brush head again and my regular cleanser, but after just the first use my skin felt rough, looked ruddy and was flaking like crazy.

My skin seems to do best using a muslin (or wash) cloth for exfoliation (which I can use twice daily with no problems) and chemical exfoliation (glycolic acid) every other day, so I'll be sticking with those from now on.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No