Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I managed to get the Mia with my drug store rewards card, so I didn't spend any money except the tax. I am glad I spent my reward points on this machine. My skin feels amaaaaaaaaaayzing after I cleanse it; and then I feel that my serum, retinol and moisturizer penetrate easier. For those of you who would like to purchase this with real money, just go for the small Mia without the bells and whistles and use your regular cleanser; you don't need to use their fancy cleanser. I love how the Mia just stops after a minute of cleansing so that there's no harm of overdoing it.

Important point: I remove the majority of my makeup BEFORE I use the Mia. (Cotton ball and makeup remover). The instructions tell you to do that and it makes a big difference, IMHO. The Mia is not for makeup - it's for the skin, so the less makeup you've got on the more your skill will appreciate the Mia.

on 11/29/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer the Mia to the Mia2 because I found the latter's 20second buzz/notification to be rather annoying - the Mia will just "notify" you after 1minute or so of use.

It's hard to say why exactly I have liked Clarisonic. I do have very sensitive skin and was not sure what to expect upon use. I tried the sensitive brushhead and the normal one. Both seem to be fine - I think it is also very important how hard you press it onto your skin (press less hard if you have sensitive skin). I found using Clarisonic leaves my face feeling very clean and it does do a good job of exfoliating, although if you have some dead skincell patches,Clarisonic alone will not necessarily do the job of clearing it up. I don't use Clarisonic everyday, but rather about 3times/week. I do not found that it has helped with keeping acne or breakouts at bay, but when I do have a breakout it does seem to help calm it down and maybe speed up the process of it clearing up. So even though I don't have much evidence of its miraculous impact on my skin, I do for some reason like it and use it.

on 11/25/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So, my skin. It's oily, acne prone, and was just a mess when i got this. I was breaking out all over in whiteheads and cystic blemishes. But this? It's a god send for my skin. Honestly, I had my doubts about this product. It seemed too good to be true. But I've been using it for a little over a year now, and I can honestly say my skin has done a complete 180. I rarely break out anymore, and can go comfortably in just a light layer of bb cream, whereas before i had to wear a full face or I'd feel totally insecure. The price of this is more than I'd like to spend, especially with the brush heads costing extra every few months, but I love this product to death. It really makes my skin feel clean, soft, and smooth. If you haven't tried this, I really reccommend you do. Within a week my skin looked dramatically better, and I didn't experience an initial breakout like I thought I would.

on 11/23/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased this brush with my very first paycheque a couple years back and it's still doing me wonders to this day. It cleans and exfoliates (yes it exfoliates! so be wary of this when choosing to use an exfoliant after having cleansed with this brush) and makes your face feel squeaky clean. I wouldn't recommend using this brush everyday though, especially on more sensitive and younger skin since it could exfoliate/cleanse too much of the natural oils on your face, resulting in more acne and dry skin.

After using the MIA 2 for 9 months, I have to say, I can't live w/o it. I just don't feel clean anymore not cleaning my face with it. It's like going back to a normal toothbrush to brush your teeth after you've used an electronic one.

Skin is def better, feels cleaner, does not dry skin and best of all, no break outs.

The only CON is the price of the device and especially those brush heads. At $27 a pop and replacement every 3 months, it can be costly. I've replaced it twice with the original and on the third replacement, I purchased a non brand brush head on Amazon at $15 for 2 by Procizion procizion.com and they work just like the originals. I understand the device is expensive and I can live with the one time payment but I refuse to be enslaved by Clarisonic with their pricey brush head replacements.

Overall, I'm real happy with my purchase and I highly recommend it to those who want beautiful skin. If you are looking for an alternative, check out the Olay. I have that too and it's also good but I prefer the Carisonic MIA 2.

on 11/1/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love, love, LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. I travel a lot so the smaller size is super handy, and it keeps my skin clean, soft, blemish, and flake free completely. I don't use the brands face wash, instead I use Neutrogena Stay Clear (which I've been using for years). I was using the sensitive brush head for a while, quite gentle, but have now switched to the normal on and it works great.

on 10/29/2014 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I loved this for the first month or so. But then my skin started to get very spotty. Once I stopped using it my skin was fine again. Started using again recently and hey! I have spots again. To much exfoliation I think...

Oh, and now it doesn't turn on :(

on 10/29/2014 5:12:00 PM

I love my Clearisonic, I've been using mine for almost a year and I use it daily. I can't imagine being without it. It cleans my clogged pores, exfoliates my dry patches and helps with my acne prone skin. This is super deep cleaning. My recommendation is to start with the sensitive brush head and move up from there based on your needs. The brush head definitely makes all the difference.

on 10/27/2014 7:34:00 PM

Love, Love, Love my clarisonic. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What more can I say? I just cannot imagine not using this at night to cleanse my skin. I have had a clarisonic Mia for probably 4-5 years. I got it when my skin just first started going haywire after a lifetime of very easy going skIn. I recently got a new Mia because mine started acting funky, and I didn't want to be caught without it the night it finally would not turn on. I am impressed that my original lasted as long as it did because I have used in daily since I got it . My new one came with a sensitive skin brush(I had always just used the normal head). This brush is phenomenal and definitely cleanses and exfoliates, so I will stick with the sensitive version from now on, since my skin is after all indeed sensitive.
The difference between the Mia and the larger one (as far as I know) is that the larger one has a timer built in for each section of your face, and maybe different speeds?
I didn't care so much about those things so the little Mia seems fine to me. I have worked very hard on my skin over the past few years, and have done lots of research on keeping skin healthy and young looking. I totally credit this little gadget with helping me to clear my skin, and probably has helped with wrinkles too because of the gentle exfoliation every night. You will see a difference in your skin with continued use of this(and a good skincare ritual)
The clarisonic brush is the best of the best for a great skin care routine!!! In addition to helping skin stay clear, I believe it to be great for anti aging as well.
(Remember to wash off the brush head, disconnect and dry after each use so your machine stays clean, and replace the brush every three months!

on 10/10/2014 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot. I was going to get the cheaper Olay version but when I saw that it is not rechargeable, I changed my mind. There's nothing more annoying than having to replace batteries.

So I went to Ulta and got this because my skin has been looking really rough, dirty, and uneven recently.
This device really cleans out my pores and that's amazing since nothing ever works for me. I use it after the Aztec Clay Mask and it smooths out everything.

I have no reactions like some people described. I have noticed two new zits on my chin but that's where my pores were really clogged and I get zits there once in a great while, but nowhere else on my face.

I really like it and hope it outlives the warranty.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools