NARS Desire

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 11/22/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I needed a pure pink this winter to help me achieve a just-in-from-the-cold look more often. I wouldn't have given this product a second glance a year ago; it's that freaky looking in the compact. The quality of the powder itself is what did it for me. It's highly pigmented and fine-milled - barely perceptible up close. The resulting color is a much more delicate pink, but there's still a relative brightness to it in comparison to the run-of-the-mill doll-like pink. A delicate neon pink, if that makes sense... It also looks warmer on my skin that I expected. Works best with an ultra soft brush and a light hand.

on 11/7/2011 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Where I bought it: I got this in the 2011 Limited Edition Danmari All About Cheeks Palette from Sephora. It came with five other shades including Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Hungry Heart, Casino, and Desire.

My skin color: I had never tried a hot pink blush before because I was afraid it would look bad on my skin (I wear MUFE HD 140, which i think translates to NC25-NC30; I'm South Asian; I have golden-yellow undertones and a medium-light skin color).

How I feel: This is now my HG blush. I love how it makes me look healthy. It is definitely buildable so with a light touch my cheeks would be glowy and I could build the blush on more to look flushed. I'm sure if I built it enough I could look like a clown :) jk.

How it compares: I love this blush just as much as I love my elf blush in Glow. I suppose I love looking healthy and glowy.

How I apply it: I use a round fluffy blush brush. Specifically the blush brush by Real Techniques sold at Ulta in the US.

How it wears: I wore this blush over bare skin once and it lasted throughout the day. My cheeks are normal (not oily or dry). I wore this over primer when my skin was oilier (that time of the month -_-) and it lasted the night. I was surprised it didn't fade out even though I forgot to powder my oily skin :)

Should you buy it? If you want to invest in an expensive blush, go for it. If you want a cheaper dupe, I'd say go for any hot pink blush that has good reviews. I'm sure elf has a blush that compares.

on 11/3/2011 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perhaps it's just me, but this blush is mehhh..... i bought it, cuz i loved how it looked in the pan, this gorgeous hot pink, but it just looks so ruddy when i apply it or at least it photographs that way. i have intense yellow undertones, so that could have something to do with it, but every time i put this blush on i feel like it instantly ruins my look and i immediately think "i knew it was going to do that, why did i even try?" i will say, that the color pay off is amazing, literally one swipe is all you need. i will probably give this to a friend or someone who's skin tone is better suited for it, but it's unfortunate cuz the color is beautiful.

on 11/3/2011 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore Desire blush. At first I was super hesitant to try it, but I took a very light hand and simply dabbed my brush in it two or three times, tapped off the excess, applied, and wow! It gave me the most innocent glow ever! It looks like you're lit from within. I also think it looks more like a real "glow," moreso than Orgasm! Truly an amazing color. It takes so little for results that I can't imagine running out of this, but if I ever do I will surely repurchase.

on 10/28/2011 10:11:00 PM

I love blushes and have 6 NARS blushes in my stash, if I ever looses all of my NARS blushes this is truly the only one that I would repurchase, as the color is unique, less dupable and the results is amazing, it can make you look dainty or crazy so be careful of how much you put on. : P
But I still love it, this is one of my versatile blush color.

on 10/28/2011 8:20:00 PM

This blush is glorious. Scary yet beautiful in the pan. I either lightly dust it on my cheeks for a barely there flush, or dust on another (light!!) coat for a more vibrant, yet still natural, in from the cold look. Goes great w/NARS Angelika lip gloss and gold eyeshadow, or just by itself. I have pale, neutral toned skin.

on 10/28/2011 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I used this today with my NARS Laguna as a contour, and oh my God! Desire is truly intimidating, but an absolutely gorgeous colour in the pan and at first I was a little hesitant to try it seeing as I've never used blush before. I used my Ecotools blush brush and lightly dabbed it on the blush and blended into the apples of my cheeks. The outcome was gorgeous, it gave me a very pretty pink glow, my boyfriend even said he loved it.
I would recommend this :) For reference, I am NC25.

on 10/22/2011 11:11:00 PM

This blush looks quite intimidating/unwearable in the pan, but when applied gives me a beautiful pinkish glow, like I've been outside in the cold weather. Long wearing, easy to apply (but also easy to overdo!).

I'm in love. I actually ordered this online, and when I saw it in the pan, it looked a scary hot shocking bright pink. I didn't like the look of it at all, but when I tried it on, it looked gorgeous. It looked like a soft rosy pink. This by far is the best Blush by Nars, even better than Orgasm. I think this would look good on all skintones. :)

on 9/12/2011 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

If I were to pick one blush out of my whole collection to use for the rest of my life, this would be it. It is truly a shocking, vibrant pink in the pan, which would easily scare anyone away. However, when used with a light hand it creates the most natural pink flush. I would not recommend using the typical method of applying blush, which is to dig your brush into the pan and proceed to swipe it along your cheeks. It would most likely yield disastrous results. You only need to very lightly tap your brush onto the pan, and apply to the apples of the cheeks, blending upward. NARS blushes are very pigmented, and a little will go a long way. I've owned this for 2 years now and have used it at least 3x a week, and have yet to hit pan! I also own the coveted Orgasm blush, which beauty editors praise year after year yet I still fail to see its merits. I find this blush looks more the like natural color that appears after a real 'O'!

Video Reviews & Tutorials