October 20, 2014 | 872 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I bought this eyelid primer because I have the oiliest eyelids in the history of woman.
I never used an eyelid primer before and since this got such great reviews, I bought it because it was so cheap and I usually love e.l.f. products.

My list of pros & cons:

Pros -
* It is very sheer AND makes eyelids brighter.
* Seems tacky-feeling...which is a pro to me because this means that eye makeup will stick to it.
* Easy to apply

Cons -
* Didn't really seem to help with staying power. However, I usually only wear eyeliner on my eyelids....not eyeshadow. I'm sure eyeshadow might stay in place but a word of warning: my eyeliner did not. I tried using liquid liner, gel liner, and pencil liner. Gel liner still got all up in my crease, liquid liner still peeled off, and the pencil liner didn't fare very well either.

Maybe I need to update my liners (or spend more $$ on them), but as of right now, I rate this product as a three. Seems like it could work -- and it does a little -- it just isn't as fantastic and amazing as I thought it would be.

I will use it more and update if anything changes, but as of right now I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by rockalaura

I have extremely oily skin and it's even worse on my eyelids. This primer did not work at all. My eyeliner and eye shadow still smudged after an hour, and wearing this primer was not different from not wearing any primer. I would not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in need of an eye primer because of my super oily eyelids. I've came across this product online. It was said to be a very good one. Therefore, I gave it a try.

It is a bit too watery. My eyeliner and mascara started creasing after a few hours. It is better than not wearing any primer but it couldn't really help the eye makeup to last whole day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reading the reviews for this product I was surprised at how many people did not like the texture. It does indeed feel buttery/oily at first, but dries within a few seconds to a slightly tacky semi-matte surface, perfect for applying shadow. I'm assuming people complaining how this was oily didn't wait for it to dry a little before slapping on some shadow. On me, it intensifies my eyeshadow colours and makes them stay put for at least an 8 hour work day. TFSI does wear better imo, but when put into perspective the E.L.F. product is really great for its pricepoint.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

hmmmm. I bought this on a canadian makeup website for $3!! i like my UDPP waaaaay better!! i dont care about spending $25 on it either. this felt like i was putting thin butter on my lids.. doesnt really help my eyeshadow either. I also feel like the tube isnt even full. I will continue to use it untill its finished , or prob give it to my mom! I think i'm done with trying ELF products.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This primer did not work for me :( The consistency is quite like UDPP, but the performance is not like it at all. My shadow lasted maybe ~2 hours longer with this on than if I had not used any primer at all. UDPP literally makes my shadow stay on all day(though with a bit of eyeliner creasing at the end of the day).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by M7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nothing compared to my HG Urban Decay PP. Too watery, did not create a good base. Eyeshadow creased within an hour of applying. Totally disappointed by this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This works okay as an eye primer, it prevents creasing to an extent and keeps my eyeshadow lasting longer than just my oily lids alone.

More often than not, I use this under my eyes to prevent my concealer from settling into my fine lines under my eyes.

Overall an okay product, I may repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by waasp

This is the first primer I've ever bought and used and it was really cheap too! I love it, it keeps my eyeliner on for two hours longer than it usually does and it's pretty handy. However, I don't really like the smell and there doesn't seem to be much product inside the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh,it's okay but,that's the issue it's just OK! A bit watery for me,my shadows crease some with this primer,and it takes a while to blend and dry on the lid. However for $3 I don't think you can go wrong if you are on a budget like muah :)