July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reading the reviews for this product I was surprised at how many people did not like the texture. It does indeed feel buttery/oily at first, but dries within a few seconds to a slightly tacky semi-matte surface, perfect for applying shadow. I'm assuming people complaining how this was oily didn't wait for it to dry a little before slapping on some shadow. On me, it intensifies my eyeshadow colours and makes them stay put for at least an 8 hour work day. TFSI does wear better imo, but when put into perspective the E.L.F. product is really great for its pricepoint.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

hmmmm. I bought this on a canadian makeup website for $3!! i like my UDPP waaaaay better!! i dont care about spending $25 on it either. this felt like i was putting thin butter on my lids.. doesnt really help my eyeshadow either. I also feel like the tube isnt even full. I will continue to use it untill its finished , or prob give it to my mom! I think i'm done with trying ELF products.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This primer did not work for me :( The consistency is quite like UDPP, but the performance is not like it at all. My shadow lasted maybe ~2 hours longer with this on than if I had not used any primer at all. UDPP literally makes my shadow stay on all day(though with a bit of eyeliner creasing at the end of the day).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by M7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nothing compared to my HG Urban Decay PP. Too watery, did not create a good base. Eyeshadow creased within an hour of applying. Totally disappointed by this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This works okay as an eye primer, it prevents creasing to an extent and keeps my eyeshadow lasting longer than just my oily lids alone.

More often than not, I use this under my eyes to prevent my concealer from settling into my fine lines under my eyes.

Overall an okay product, I may repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by waasp

This is the first primer I've ever bought and used and it was really cheap too! I love it, it keeps my eyeliner on for two hours longer than it usually does and it's pretty handy. However, I don't really like the smell and there doesn't seem to be much product inside the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh,it's okay but,that's the issue it's just OK! A bit watery for me,my shadows crease some with this primer,and it takes a while to blend and dry on the lid. However for $3 I don't think you can go wrong if you are on a budget like muah :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by peekaboa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Other

hmm for some reasons when i opened the product it looked dried up.

yeah and my eyeshadow only stayed on one eye after a few hours. prolly cos i didnt apply enough for that eye...

maybe i shall try the E.L.F Essential primer instead and it's much cheaper.

sigh disappointment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i updated my review after having tried the application that was suggested by one of the reviewers. so, i apply it now in a thin layer. it still feels very greasy but i leave it settle down for a while and then i apply my eyeshadow. it works definitely much better this way. but for some eyeshadows i still need a touch up during the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on the hunt for an eye primer that won't crease and is pigmented enough to use as a concealer on my lids with no eyeshadow for a natural every day look. Unfortunately, this creased quite badly within a couple of hours :( Other than the initial texture, I saw no difference between the regular $1 ELF primer and the $3 one - both of them creased.