August 28, 2014 | 910 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jemyaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was given this as a gift and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
I was hurriedly using up my previous mascara as I was looking forward to trying this one...but I am extremely disapointed.
The brush is cumbersome to use, as it is an S shape rather than a C shape of traditional curling wands, the formula is clumpy, flaky and has a strong smell which sometimes irritates my eyes.
Additionally, due to the wand shape again, the wand pics up far too much product as itacts almost like a scoop.
I've tried the formula with a disposable wand also to give it a fair review...but still I am unimpressed.
There are far better curling mascaras, far better volumising mascara's and far better lenghthening...so with that in mind, I would give this a wide berth.
My favourite mascara I've tried so far (in 15 years of wearing it) is Max Factor False Lash Effect...It's also one Lisa Eldridge often uses...if you live in a country where Max Factor is available...I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by misstierra05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and I love it. I don't care for it by itself, but I'm like that with all mascara. However, I love to layer it over my L'Oreal Extreme Collagen Mascara and I'm always asked if I have on lashes. When I double up this or Falsies Mascara on top. Give it a try and be really nice at the makeup counter and see if you can score a free sample like I did. If you have sensisitive eyes, I find Lancome to be best. I've tried the Lash Primer, Definicils, Hypnose, and Oscillation Mascara's all worked great for me. It's just the price I don't like.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Horrible mascara. Clumps like crazy, like I can't even begin to try to get all the clumps out after application - one half of my eyelashes get all stuck together.. I've never had this happen with any mascara I've tried! I bought this as a change from Definicils. Big mistake. I need curled brushes due to the shape of my eyes, as it's hard for me to coat all my lashes with straight brushes. But this formula is the worst! I can see if you have very few lashes or short lashes, it would help to make them look fuller, but then why not use DiorShow if that's the case? DiorShow is way better than this Hypnose and it doesn't clump and makes your lashes look amazing. I have a lot of lashes, and they're long, so I don't need lengthening and I don't need thickening, I need separation and an even coat. I will admit that this formula is probably not designed for my set of lashes, however I can use DiorShow nicely and that's designed for drama. I'll go back to Definicils. I'm sorry I ever bought this tube. If you have full lashes, please don't make the same mistake I did. The brush doesn't define, it's a clump manufacturer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Tazz13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I luv this mascara!!! The best I have ever ever used...makes me look like I have false lashes on!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I have stubborn straight Asian eye lashes and I am constantly on the search for the perfect mascara. This one works very nice. It is one of the best mascaras I have tried when it comes to giving volume. I do not use it every day, but on special occasions and festivities.

I like to apply one coat of Hypn˘se for the length and separation. Then I apply Hypn˘se Drama for the volume. It has a gel-like consistency compared to Hypn˘se, and for me it does require an eye lash comb in order to avoid clumps. So it does not get the full amount of five lippies from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by hanamakeup

Love this mascara!!!!!! Have tried chanel, yves saint laurent, estee lauder etc... and Lancome Hypnose Drama wins! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by tarojellypudding

Love this mascara, especially in the waterproof version. It makes my thin lashes longer, thicker, and the formula keeps the curl in my eyelashes (which I desperately need!) My favorite mascara to date!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Crestaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like the brush in this mascara and first week effect. If older than that - then clumps, clumps(( gave it 2 tries but same. I guess it gets thick quite soon (used and stored properly same as other mascaras).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 23 years old and I've used Lancome mascara since I was probably 14 (my mom used to buy me them when she bought her own). I always though it was the best mascara out there, especially since I have short, straight lashes. My mother has long and thick eyelashes, so it works really well on her. I bought the Drama as a replacement for my regular Hypnose, and I was disappointed by how long it takes to dry, and it ends up smudging in the corners of my eyes and it flakes a lot through the day. I used it for 2 months before I just said ENOUGH...I switched recently to Chanel, and I wish I had done it years ago. Their mascara's are phenomenal. You don't need to get the waterproof because it stays put and lengthens and volumizes extremely well, and it never flakes or smudges. I bought the Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara to replace this one, because this one did not work for me. Lancome really needs to step up their game, the mascara's they've come out with recently suck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm a mascara addict... And I'm so glad I tried this brand. I got the gift set this past winter and to be honest, I was skeptical at first. I have medium length but thick eyelashes that never stay curled even when I use my shu uemura eyelash curler. But OMG! This mascara keeps my lashes curled, thickens and lengthens my lashes! It doesn't smudge either! And I have slick eyelids. I'm so glad I purchased this.
This is better than Dior show - which dried in a month and didn't much do much for my lashes.