November 26, 2014 | 1287 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Superstay

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by maryislove

It dries too quick and I have to rub very hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the best concealers I've used- and I've used MANY. I have pretty bad dark circles and this gets rid of them completely. Pretty good staying power but NOT 24 hours! Not even close. Tip: Build up SLOWLY, apply very small amounts at a time. It dries very quickly so apply and blend in one area before moving to the next area! But I've found applying very small amounts at a time and building up that way is the best rather than using a larger amount all at once. Oh and the colors are strangely named. I usually wear the lightest colored foundation/concealer but the lightest (Ivory) in this is like WHITE. So I wear Cream (yellow toned), Light is the same skintone level I think but pink undertoned instead. Offers amazing coverage!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by brookej1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product because my friend wore this & the Superstay foundation. Let me tell you this product is TERRIBLE! First off, it burned my delicate skin under my eyes. I continued to use it and my eyes began to peel underneath. It was terrible! This stuff is gross, along with the Superstay foundation. Stay away!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dodeduckie

favorite concealer! for it's price it just cover up any redness amazingly. it also works really well for under eye circles. and it does stay. i mean all day. or if you go swiming. it's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by adastrac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually really do like this concealer. I purchased it after hearing rave reviews on YT about how it covers really well and lasts for a long time. I'm a concealer girl and I've tried a few different concealers both high and low-end and I must say that I always keep coming back to this. As of right now, I use the Maybelline Mineral Power in Sand on days where I don't need too much coverage, Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer in #2 when I need a little more coverage than the Mineral Power's but not full coverage, and the 24hr SuperStay in Cream when I need major major coverage. It's true, the concealer does dry rather quickly. I apply two dots of the concealer under one eye at a time, and then i quickly but lightly tap to distribute the product. After, I'll just gently tap to blend the product into my skin and viola! Dark undereye circles gone. I can understand why people say that the formula might be a little bit drying, so I recommend to moisturize well (and allow it to sink in). BTW, I have sensitive, dry-combo skin. Sometimes, the concealer does sink into my fine lines, but what I'll do is just lightly tap to smooth out my undereye area and it'll stay creaseless for the entire day. I do not use powder to set as I find that that makes my undereye look cakey and/or flaky/dry.
My biggest caveat is that the color selection is extremely poor! I think they have less than 6 different shades. I am an NC25-NC30 with yellow undertones (I'm asian) and I bought the shade in "Cream". The next shade up is too pink and the shade after that is too dark (even though it has a more golden/yellow undertone). I just got the cream because at least I can lightly dust bronzer over it or something.
Oh yeah, I want to also mention that I hated the concealer when I first used it. It really emphasized the dryness around my eyes but after I exfoliate and do a good job at hydrating my eye area, it's one of my favorite concealers. I apply using my ring finger. A little goes quite a long way and I feel that this is the kind of product where you would want to go layer by layer for maximum opacity rather than applying a big glob and then trying to blend that into the skin. Hope this helps! =D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by username111

I got this for free in a fashion week bag. It matches my skin tone pretty well but its too drying and I can't blend it, it tugs on my skin and covers dark circles okay. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this at all .... It's soo dry when it sets, it will automatically make your skin look cakey and patchy. It is also very matte and it dries really fast so it's difficult to blend. Definitely not for undereye area!Maybe use it on very small sports. The color is weird since I got CREAM (I'm Fairly Light in BE, #120 in MUFE HD, Classic Ivory in Maybelline) and it was too light for me, it had a white-ish, gray-ish cast when it dried. Maybelline's Mineral Power is much better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great full coverage long lasting concealer. Did not budge all day. I found a good color match in Cream. I don't use this under my eyes as I find it too drying and cakey for that. But this is wonderful on blemishes and red marks, and holds up to my oily skin. Because it is so matte, I find it does not look natural over a large area of the face, but is perfect for spot coverage. It dries very quickly, so you do need to work fast with it. I normally apply by dotting where I need it, and tap/blend it in right away, then dot on the next spot and blend etc. It only takes a very small amount. I absolutely love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Dawnzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this concealer. It matches my skin color perfectly and stays longer than any other concealer I've tried so far. It is rather hard to blend and will accentuate your dry spots but to me it's worth the hassle for the "superstay" factor. Not a big fan of the wand applicator, seems a little unsanitary, but it does make it easy to apply without wasting any product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by bananababe0217

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so happy with this concealer :) I can't comment on how it works on undereye circles, because I don't really have that issue, but I love the coverage it gives on blemishes and post-acne scars. A little goes a very long way with this, because it is very opaque. The color that I got, Medium Beige, matches my skin perfectly. It is summer right now and my face has gotten very tan, so I will probably have to get a lighter color later in the year. This sets pretty quickly, so I go one blemish at a time, dotting it on and them patting it in with my finger and smoothing out the edges. As with an concealer, make sure the area is well moisturized first, because any dry patches will be accentuated. It seems to blend in perfectly with my skin, and doesn't look cakey at all. After it has set, the staying power of this concealer is AMAZING. I even ended up going on a bike ride yesterday (12 miles in the hot Florida sun and humidity at noon) and it was still in place when I got home. I definitely recommend this :D