Maybelline Superstay

3.6

on 3/19/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Dries way too fast and is very chalky looking. Plus, the colors run light, so beware.

on 1/21/2011 7:22:00 AM

This is my HG concealer for both undereye and acne!
It does live up to its 'superstay claim'. I went to sleep with it on after my prom and the next morning, it still looked almost perfect!
It doesn't accentuate my dry spots and it covers everything extremely well. I also love how fast it dries. I just pat a bit gently onto the area and I don't have to wait long before applying foundation. I actually really like the wand packaging for concealers.
Unfortunately, I can't find it in medium beige anywhere here which I think would be the perfect colour for me. I love this concealer so much that I don't mind mixing deep beige and cream just so i can use it! It becomes a yellow undertone and still blends perfectly into my skin!

on 1/9/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like the Superstay foundation, but I thought I'd give this a try. I don't like this either! It dries way too fast making it really hard to blend... I have to rub it in so hard it irritates my skin. Also, it settles into any lines you have and makes it look kind of crusty looking.. gross. I do like the doe foot applicator because it's easy to apply, but other than that I don't like this product at all.

on 11/14/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a heavy duty concealer to replace my MUFE Full Cover back in May (MUFE breaks me out...like all liquids) and I stumbled upon this...having read a few reviews on MUA I figured I'd give it a try. I'm always concerned about covering my acne scarring and semi-dark circles. This concealer was not it for me. Its too drying and heavy looking. Very unnatural on me even if I only apply a tiny bit, For under eyes this is a definite no! Its way to heavy and does not look good under eyes at all. The color selection was not good for my skintone either. Lastly this broke me out where ever I applied it and not my typical cystic bumps on my chin...i got lil clogged pores and white heads. I'm beginning to think my skin just does not like liquids at all =(

on 10/19/2010 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

as soon as you slick this on, it starts to dry!!! :(

on 10/11/2010 11:47:00 AM

It dries too quick and I have to rub very hard to blend.

on 10/8/2010 8:55:00 PM

One of the best concealers I've used- and I've used MANY. I have pretty bad dark circles and this gets rid of them completely. Pretty good staying power but NOT 24 hours! Not even close. Tip: Build up SLOWLY, apply very small amounts at a time. It dries very quickly so apply and blend in one area before moving to the next area! But I've found applying very small amounts at a time and building up that way is the best rather than using a larger amount all at once. Oh and the colors are strangely named. I usually wear the lightest colored foundation/concealer but the lightest (Ivory) in this is like WHITE. So I wear Cream (yellow toned), Light is the same skintone level I think but pink undertoned instead. Offers amazing coverage!!!

on 9/24/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product because my friend wore this & the Superstay foundation. Let me tell you this product is TERRIBLE! First off, it burned my delicate skin under my eyes. I continued to use it and my eyes began to peel underneath. It was terrible! This stuff is gross, along with the Superstay foundation. Stay away!

on 9/16/2010 2:38:00 PM

favorite concealer! for it's price it just cover up any redness amazingly. it also works really well for under eye circles. and it does stay. i mean all day. or if you go swiming. it's amazing!

on 9/16/2010 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually really do like this concealer. I purchased it after hearing rave reviews on YT about how it covers really well and lasts for a long time. I'm a concealer girl and I've tried a few different concealers both high and low-end and I must say that I always keep coming back to this. As of right now, I use the Maybelline Mineral Power in Sand on days where I don't need too much coverage, Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer in #2 when I need a little more coverage than the Mineral Power's but not full coverage, and the 24hr SuperStay in Cream when I need major major coverage. It's true, the concealer does dry rather quickly. I apply two dots of the concealer under one eye at a time, and then i quickly but lightly tap to distribute the product. After, I'll just gently tap to blend the product into my skin and viola! Dark undereye circles gone. I can understand why people say that the formula might be a little bit drying, so I recommend to moisturize well (and allow it to sink in). BTW, I have sensitive, dry-combo skin. Sometimes, the concealer does sink into my fine lines, but what I'll do is just lightly tap to smooth out my undereye area and it'll stay creaseless for the entire day. I do not use powder to set as I find that that makes my undereye look cakey and/or flaky/dry.
My biggest caveat is that the color selection is extremely poor! I think they have less than 6 different shades. I am an NC25-NC30 with yellow undertones (I'm asian) and I bought the shade in "Cream". The next shade up is too pink and the shade after that is too dark (even though it has a more golden/yellow undertone). I just got the cream because at least I can lightly dust bronzer over it or something.
Oh yeah, I want to also mention that I hated the concealer when I first used it. It really emphasized the dryness around my eyes but after I exfoliate and do a good job at hydrating my eye area, it's one of my favorite concealers. I apply using my ring finger. A little goes quite a long way and I feel that this is the kind of product where you would want to go layer by layer for maximum opacity rather than applying a big glob and then trying to blend that into the skin. Hope this helps! =D