November 21, 2014 | 1815 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by allieamat

I love this product! I am currently 18 and omg let me tell you, I've been using this product since hmm?... I was 15. It was recommended to me by this lady I would go to, to get facials done, and I'm extremely happy she did. 4 years later and I still use it daily. Since it CAN be very drying usually 3 days after continuous use, I do apply vitamin e oil as a moisturizer over night, and bua laaa, my face is acne free, soft, scars are dramatically faded, pores are shrunken, and my face is so bright and luminous. I love this stuff.

Just use a moisturizer afterwards, helllllo!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by torijanus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, let me start by saying that only you know your skin. Just like hair dye, perfume and cosmetics, you take your own risk. You may be allergic to something so when you peel, turn red, or breakout more, think of what your skin may be rejecting ingredient wise instead of saying its the face wash and then don't continue using the product. Also, if you don't moisturize after using a facewash that contains drying agents like this one does, don't complain that it drys you out. A company isn't responsible for lack of knowledge or common sense, so if you don't want to be dry use a moisturizer or don't use the product. Its a simple concept really.
That being said, my face doesn't react badly so I use it. It helps the little amount of acne I do have so I can't say how well it would work on large amounts of it. I don't have an issue with the non-lathering aspect of it as I use it on a washcloth anyways. I don't have an issue with drying as I use a good moisturizer. And I've never had a slimy feeling left after washing with it, granted I do rinse very well afterwards. I do hate the pump as the product bubbles up from around it. It works pretty good other than that so I may repurchase but I'm currently rotating between this and a scrub so I'm exfoliated properly as my nose has been dry and flaky for years and exfoliation helps along with an emoliate cream from Mary Kay. Therefore, I probably won't run out for at least a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by KateGuil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sakurabi456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing, and it really worked for me a little. Though it did get rid of my horrible acne, and prevent a lot of pimples coming in. Sadly I wish it was cheaper like 5 dollars. lol I know I am a cheapskate, but seriously it would be nice to lower the price a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually quite like this product. It cleans my skin very nicely and no break outs!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Flowerbby

love it so far! my skin it pretty oily and it does a great job of keeping me matte all day and I havent noticed any new pimples popping up. if your skin is dry already be careful use an awesome mosturizer. I recommened clinque dramatically different moisturizer. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lovepinkcourtney

Omg you guys are so.. It is NORMAL for dryness to occur with a product this strong!! Just use a moisturizer. If you didn't want it to dry out (cause that is what salicylic acid does.. It DRIES OUT THE ACNE, BUY A MOISTURIZING WASH.) this product is great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This just doesn't work. It doesn't leave your skin feeling clean, nor does it do anything to prevent acne. I'm very disappointed as I switched from Clean & Clear just because this product had salicylic acid. Clean & Clear is way better though - effective and gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by crivas

So when I purchased this product I bought it along with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (pink grapefruit cleanser) thinking I would give my breakouts an extra kick in the butt. Big mistake! I used both products in one day, one in the morning and one at night. In a couple of days my skin was completely dried out (I have combination skin so it's oily in some areas), so before discontinuing my use I did some research to make sure this wasn't any signs of an allergic reaction. After doing some digging, I found out that 1) you should NOT use two products containing salicylic acid at the same time 2) it's normal for some dryness occur (this is some powerful stuff) and 3)if dryness occurs discontinue use for a couple of days then give it a go again but when you do use it every so often then eventually you can use it daily. Since then I have been using this product every other day and so far I love it! My skin feels nice and clean after every use. So for anybody who tries out this product I highly recommend taking it easy in the beginning and see how you like it! Hope this review was helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant at buying a cheap acne wash because I thought it wouldn't work. I use it once or twice a day to wash my face and I love it. It's not a miracle product, it won't make breakouts disappear completely, nothing really does...but even after a couple uses my skin just feels cleaner, fresher, smoother, and no annoying bumps. It doesn't dry my skin out, it has a low amount of salicylic acid which can be drying on some people. I'll leave mine on for 5 minutes straight while I'm getting ready for my shower and my skin might feel a tiny bit tight afterwards, but that's probably also due to the hot water. Great price too!