September 18, 2014 | 1403 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by xoxoapril

I was skeptic about this cleanser because a lot of people have claimed that this drys out your face, but I turned out loving it. I use this morning and night, after I use it, I put on my witch-hazel toner, and my olay moisturizer and I don't get dry skin at all! I've also noticed a change in the way my skin looked, I have less blackheads and whiteheads.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by amary18

This product is awful. I went from having oily skin, and after using this my skin did a 360 and is SO dry. It sucks because it's summer time, and my skin now feels tight, dry and is peeling :(. I will never purchase anything from Neutrogena again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ChokoChanel41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know if this is just me, but i felt like i was rubbing hand soap on my face. Like, i was rubbing cheap hand soap you would find in a Wal-mart bathroom on my face. When i bought this product maybe a week ago, it was my first time using a cleanser that wasn't a cream cleanser. I had been getting random acne all around my face which is unusual because i don't get acne very often, so i needed something cheap and fast. My first thought was "Ew,i hate this already." but that was only because it comes out in a gel form, but when you lather it, it runs like it's in a marathon. It's runny, it smelled JUST LIKE HANDSOAP, it was very, very drying, but that's what salycylic acid does anyway, but i put on loads of lotion aftwerwards and wa still a bit stiff in the face. It's hand soap! It looks like handsoap,it smells like handsoap,it feels like hamdsoap. It didn't help a thing, if anything it made it worse. I was incredibly disappointed and stopped using after three days. I'll stick to my Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by colourcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always buy a new product for my acne that wont try my skin out. THIS failed at both! it helps KINDA make acne less noticable but as soon as i stop use it gets worst! then to top it off how pasty and nasty my skin feels afterwards. I'll be trying another face wash.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by elizjones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily and acne prone skin and this doesn't help my face at all!!! It caused me more bumps then I had in the first place!!! I recomend the pink grape fruit acne wash it clears my face up in a day or two

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MissTheSweetest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product so far, I have just a little bit of acne and it has been a little better since using this. It makes my skin really clean and fresh, not over drying at all. It smells great and lathers well, awesome makeup remover too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I don't have acne or pimple problems but I do have skin that's sometimes is on the oilier side.
I can't say wether or not this clears up zits but one thing I have noticed is the size reductions of my pores! Which I'm very very happy about.
One bad thing is I'm noticing some dry flakes.
Ill keep repurchasing cause I'm happy with the pore results I just may need to change up my moisturizer to help with the drying part

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying how DRY this made my face. Although it felt like my face was getting somewhat cleaner, it stripped all the oil from my face. I like the pump and the packaging makes it accessible. It didn't worsen my acne, but it didn't significantly improve it either. If you have oily skin then I would recommend this product, otherwise, I would suggest staying away. I most likely won't be repurchasing this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by anndemattio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this stuff, it has helped my oily acne prone skin! And it doesn't dry my skin out too bad!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've gone through several bottles of this face wash and while it is a decent face wash, it is rather drying, and it sometimes causes a rash on my neck! It has helped SOME with blackheads and whiteheads, but it's hard to get all the soap off your face, and it can leave your face super dry.

There are some store brand versions of this face wash that I think work much better than the Neutrogena brand. I prefer both the Walgreens and Target versions over the Neutrogena brand. I haven't gotten a rash with either of those.