April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by jesstrixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eyeliner. I've been using it for ages now (I think since it came out in Australia a few years ago). I much prefer a gel eyeliner to liquid - I find it much easier to control and the product lasts longer. Granted, I haven't tried any high end gel liners but I honestly don't feel like I need to - this product works perfectly for me. It's highly pigmented, goes on smoothly, lasts for ages. At first it would smudge onto the top of my eyelid, but ever since I started using an eye primer this doesn't happen.

I really like the brush and have never had problems with it.

I have repurchased this and will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this product after my Tom Ford fiasco. (Reviewed recently).

The product is creamy, easy to apply and has great pigmentation. It has good staying power and on me, it has to last at least 10 hours. It does do this but not if I line the full length of the eye as it can get a bit smudged in the tear duct area. It is good on the waterline too -- upper and lower.
Not as black as MAC Blacktrack -- this might be considered a soft black but it's good for when you want a softer color line, or if you are older (like me).

the little pot is par for the course -- all of them have the same packaging which must be closed tightly or you risk shrinkage -- it makes no difference if you paid $ 3 or $ 30. The packaging factories must be the same one and can't come up with a different packaging which might be more user friendly and less storage specific. The little brush is quite handy too, which is an added bonus.

I am going to purchase this in the brown also.. I do like it and feel it is worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily hooded eyes.

Finally, a gel liner that didn't budge by end of the work day (MUFE eye prime and TF matte shadows)... the color I have is Eggplant which is not particularly the deep black purple I like (try NARS Tatar), but I'll pick up a few more colors at this price under $10. Oh and just to name drop and be annoying like that, Charlotte Tilsbury also rec's this product in her Feline Flick YT video.

Beats out Bobbi Brown and MAC for me (both too wet and therefore smudgey smudge), the L'Oreal version also was poor, and I like this just as much as my favorite Kanebo KATE (but this is a heck of a lot easier to obtain in the US).

UPDATE 12/14/13: I am really loving the Eggplant shade whenever I use any of the MAC purple / taupe shades such as Satin Taupe or Shale.

UPDATE 4/9/14: 6M later, the pot is pretty dry and harder to pick up product. My BB, Mac, Kanebo Kate gel liner pots are MUCH older and doesn't have this texture... probably won't pick up again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by fishbiscuit

if i dont have time to wear makeup i at least have to wear eyeliner. ive tried every kind and almost every brand of eyeliner. this is by far the worst ive ever bought!! it smudges off less than an hour after wearing and it clearly says smudge proof!! besides that the applicator brush that came along was terrible. i bought this for $13 wich isnt that expensive and i wasnt expecting the best, but at least it should stay on my face for a few hours, i dont think im asking for too much
this is rubbish!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

My Favorite Eyeliner ever!! I have Tryed so many, but this is the only one I use!! It last all day long, it does not smudge and it's so easy to apply!! I have very oily skin and other eyeliners smudge becides this one!! 5 Stars

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by anitka12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a makeup artist so I tried many of gel eye liners from many brands. For me - this is the best one from drugstore products. It is very very black and really long lasting! I was amazed by an attached brush which is also very good and I couldn't believe you can get a good liner with a good brush for that price. I really recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My review is for Blackest Black.

This gel liner stays put the whole day, is truly waterproof and goes on a very nice deep black! The brush is thin enough for one to create a really thin black line above the lash line and the waterline for a more natural day look, as well as build up to a thicker cat eye for night time. The one thing I don't like is that the brush feels cheap. In fact the lid of my brush broke off on the third day I was using it. However, for the price point, it's still an ok gel liner and I'm happy enough with it.

UPDATE: The gel has dried up in the container and doesn't glide on smooth like before. I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

This stays put, unsmudged on my inner eye (where I wear it) all day and looks great. Only gripe if any, is that it dries out in the pot top quickly (and also it accumulates and turns the end of the applicator brush into a hard blob after a few days, so you need to wash the excess off the brush often). Otherwise a great buy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

Love this product. I always use it when I want that cat eye. The brush is wonderful & the liner is so smooth & easy to apply. But be prepared to reapply after a few hours b/c the color fades slightly. Not enough for others to notice; maybe I'm just a perfectionist. I used this liner on all the models for a fashion show. They were all impressed & the best part, It was so easy to apply! Thanks, Maybelline!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the truest color liner you will find! I own the blackest black and it owns up to its name. It is a little on the greasy side but the color it offers you wont find anywhere else.