Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 11/9/2014 5:14:00 PM

I have been very content of this gel eyeliner. I have very watery eyes, so normal eyeliners don't last.

I use a regular eyeliner to create the line and fill it in with this gel eyeliner. And it stays on the whole day.

Just the packaging is annoying. I tend to lose the brush that comes with it.

on 10/20/2014 8:21:00 PM

I use this in the darkest shade. This is definitely my go to eyeliner. Creamy, lasts all day, glides on, a little goes a long way. I can't complain. I've been using it for 5+ years now. Never tried another gel liner, although the girl at the Mac counter told me their fluidline is identical just pricier. I get tons of compliments on this liner and no one believes it's a $7+ drugstore brand. The ONLY thing I would change is I wish the black stayed a litttle darker throughout the day. Def five lippies!!

on 10/20/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

very nice product. nice colors

on 10/18/2014 7:35:00 PM

It took me a while to get the hang of this product, not in getting the application right but getting the consistency of the product to work, after I broke through the top layer of the product which seemed dry and difficult to work with I found it to be very creamy pigmented and easy to work with (thank god I didn't give up on it and threw it out). The product is not smudge proof and with my lids i have found it to transfer into the crease and muddle up even with primer. This product does not work well with tight lining or the rims of the eyes, it gives the dreaded panda eye and as a contact lens wearer ... it irritated my eyes a lot (and I'm not even someone with sensitive eyes). I do like to reach for this product though if I were to just wear lined eyes and do a cat eye look. I would rarely use this eyeliner if I did an eye shadow look knowing it will blur it into a muddy eye look in a few hrs.

on 10/17/2014 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Tried the brown and love it. Takes longer to apply but it stays put all day at work or at the beach. I'm not scared of raccoon eyes when taking a nap. For consistent results, do not wash the brush. After each use, I wipe it off on a Kleenex until no color remains on the tissue. I do this by painting the Kleenex back and forth. Being a "wash everything" kind of person, I did not like the idea as I don't want an infection. Washing it with soap makes the brush not user friendly at all as bristles separates even when dry. The bristles have staying power, I'm gentle with all my things (or almost)😊. Will repurchase, which will be in a long time as the small, cute pot barely looks used after 4 months. I wear most days.

May 2015: Have stopped using and threw it away as its lasting power and anti-smudginess went away to another country! Was not worth the time to apply anymore.

on 10/15/2014 11:28:00 PM

I think this stuff is really amazing! I've used MAC's "Fluidline" and these two are practically identical. It stays on for hours, it goes on smooth, and it's just fabulous! I love it! Definitely recommend this for everyone!

on 10/15/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It makes me so happy when drugstore brands have excellent products that rival expensive brands that cost twice, thrice and even four times as much! I picked up 'Blackest Black' on a whim one day, and am astounded at how impeccable this gel liner really is - a true, rich black, compare this to MAC's 'Blacktrack' and the latter looks positively grey in shade. The creamy consistency is easy to work with, and once applied with your brush on choice, it lasts, and lasts and lasts until you it's time for removal. It lasts incredibly well on the waterline, and never fades in colour throughout the day. I loved 'Blackest Black' so much I went back and purchased 'Brown', and it performs exactly the same; intensely pigmented, creamy consistency, great application and phenomenal lasting power. The best bit? ZERO transfer of liner to the brow-bone!

on 10/12/2014 12:46:00 PM

I have very watery eyes and have NEVER managed to find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline, this is the first product that stays perfectly doesn't irritate my eye and looks amazing !!

on 10/12/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for approx 2 years. Easy to apply, stays on even in the swimming baths, however does occasionally smudge slightly. The best eyeliner I personally have tried. I find the price isn't great but not terrible either, most expensive eyeliner I've had. Packaging is great, but I do think they should provide a proper top to go over the eyeliner brush. I regularly reorder this product, so for me it is worth the expense when you buy it on cheaper websites.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

YES!! This stuff is amazing, I asked a Target employee "ok, I am going to quiz you, what is the best Anastasia Beverly Hills dupe for dipbrow?" she showed me this, and told me she actually liked it better than Anastasia's dipbrow, I was SOLD. came home, tried it, loved it. the brush is great too, I just wish the clear cover for the brush would *click* and lock in, it's just free floating.
great for eyeliner too!

this is winning. I wish they made a lighter brown shade.

Video Reviews & Tutorials