Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 7/11/2014 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this gel eyeliner. The packaging is nice and small. It looks almost exactly like the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, and the quality is very nice for drugstore. The eyeliner is creamy and goes on easily and lasts all day. I'd definitely repurchase it, especially for the drugstore price!

on 7/11/2014 7:34:00 AM

It's a staple in my makeup bag. I've never liked liquid liners because they are so sharp it's hard to create a smooth looking line. While a gel liner is easier to maneuver and change even once on the eyelid. I love that it is completely pigmented and matte.

The only qualm is that out both colors I have the brown and black the black seems to be of worse quality. It tends to smudge on my super oily hooded eyelids while the brown does not. The black one also seems to dry out a lot quicker in the pot and in application. I've used about 3/4 of my brown eyeliner and it's still as smooth as ever and glides on. So the brown is amazing. The black is good too it's just I have to go out of my way to prime the eyelids and set it with eyeshadow to ensure it lasts. Overall it's a bit harder to apply.

Gel liner does take a bit longer to apply since you have to go back and dip it in but I prefer the look and for me it's easier. It's really up to preference. But I can't go wrong with this, plus easier to wash off and doesn't stain and is at a reasonable price also.

on 7/11/2014 3:58:00 AM

Ah, gel liners. Said to revolutionize the world. Lasts longer than pencils, easier to work with than liquids. Though I am a liquid person myself, I wanted to try a gel liner. I wasn't all too willing to splurge on Bobbi Brown or MAC, especially since many said this was a dupe, or even better than the high end ones. When I first bought this, the texture was very.. solid. I don't recall gels to be that way. I expected this to be a fluid-ish, glide on kind of eyeliner. I was wrong. It definitely is VERY BLACK, though, like all other black Maybelline pigments (eyeliners, mascaras, all VERY BLACK) and it lasts very long too. I have oily lids and this will last the entire day. My only problem is the texture. I wanted it to be easier to apply, more.. fluid and not having to struggle with getting the exact amount on the brush, without any globs or chunks on the brush. when being applied on to the eye it goes on well, not the best but okay-ish. Though I loved the staying power and the colour, I would not repurchase. I want to try out the ELF and Essence ones as they are raved about pretty often too (AND said to be creamier). I like this enough to use up the whole pot, which lasts a long time. With an almost everyday use I would say about 7-8 months almost? But I don't like it enough to buy it again. Maybe if the texture was improved.. I will definitely buy again!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

nope. this product did not work for me! the eyeliner never dries it smears and smudges easily i feel like i totally wasted my money. its like a paint

on 7/8/2014 11:01:00 PM

I got this in charcoal and it was just alright, it was a littttle smudgy but not awful or anything. The brush that comes with it is decent and it is surprisingly creamy! If you want the best results I think getting it in Blackest Black would be the best, I plan to try it next.

on 7/5/2014 7:51:00 PM

My FAVOURITE eye liner! As many say, it is very compareable to bobbi browns gel liner. I prefer this one.. simply for the price.
It is very easy to use, lasts mostly all day (with slight risk for smudging), and the little jar lasts forever.

on 6/30/2014 11:34:00 PM

I liked it, but kinda fussy for me which had me wavering on the line regarding returning it. This is my first gel liner purchase so part of my frustration is a major learning curve.

I just can't quite get the clear edged line on my eyelid like I can with Mac Fluidline for a thicker line with a cat eye (test driven at MAC counter); I don't know why--it just looks slightly raggedy within a few minutes when I look at my eye really close in the mirror; its not smudging, but my eyelids just don't let it try with a straight edge. But it works okay for tightlining the top lash and a very thin line on my top lash line, I've found. Primer doesn't seem to matter with this for me, but putting it over an eyeshadow makes the ragged edge slightly worse; regardless it doesn't smudge or travel at all on my eye. And in fact to get it off I had to use my magical Mary Kay make up remover because neither my regular makeup remover or soap would get it off my eye.

I wore this baby to the gym and sweated profusely. This stuff didn't budge. But it was on a bare, clean eye applied before the gym just for the test, not sure how it would work over eyeshadow, but I'm assuming fairly similar excellent results. Hardly anything came off on my towel either, just a tiny bit when I wiped my under eye which could have been residue from the day's makeup I had taken off before the gym/lining my eyes.

Clean the brush before every use! That seems to make a major difference in application. I'm going to keep it so I can play around with it before I buy Mac or another more expensive brand. Or when my eyeliner brush arrives in the mail maybe that will fix the clean edge problem.

on 6/27/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this gel liner because it doesn't budge if you prime your lids. That's a no-brainer step when it comes to eye makeup though. I give it a 4 because I wish that the colors were more pigmented. I have it in charcoal and black and the black just doesn't seem black enough. As for the brush, if you forget to clean it up after every use, of course it's going to be crusty. I hope that these pots last for a long time, but it's not very expensive in the first place, so no worries there. If you're looking for a gel liner, try this one!

on 6/22/2014 8:12:00 PM

It goes on very well on the waterline, both bottom and top, but I find that it smudges on me even if I use a primer. I don't see the need to buy a MAC or Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner instead of this one because they all smudge (all three of them) so might as well just get the cheaper version.

on 6/20/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

(Bought in the brown shade)
When I first started off wearing makeup, this was the first gel eyeliner I had ever bought. Initially, I felt it was of good quality and it didn't budge. But as I started to understand makeup more, I found out how horrible this eyeliner was. I personally have very oily skin, and the eyeliner was slipping and sliding all over my eyelid. Honestly, you could have mistaken my eyeliner as eye-shadow, that's how much it started smudging. I looked like a raccoon at the end of the day. The packaging is very good, especially for a drugstore brand. HOWEVER, I will be returning to my Bobbi Brown eyeliner as soon as I use up this jar.

Video Reviews & Tutorials