Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 9/15/2014 2:55:00 AM

Awesome liner - colour goes on really pigmented and lasts for a long time, the brush that comes with the gel is also quite good

on 9/5/2014 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Since so many people rave about this product, I decided to give this another try and I'm very pleased with it! I must have received a bad batch the first time I tried it.

This is very pigmented and creamy. A little of this goes a long way and it doesn't smudge or flake off during application. When I compare this to essence's gel liner it is superior in texture and longevity. The essence liner dried out quickly, which is a downfall despite it's cheap price point. I think the essence liner might be blacker, but not noticeably. This has a very natural matte black finish. It is perfect for any eye look. The price point is great for $8 dollars and it has lasted me way longer than other gel liners. A great gel liner that I will continue to repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I absolutely love this liner. I own it in blackest black and it works amazing. I usually use MAC gel liner, but I gave this stuff a try since I didn't have the extra money to spend on the expensive stuff. It cost me about $8 at Walmart. I like how the brush comes with its own little cap so that the bristles don't get messed up. The liner itself is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. When I make a mistake, it is easy to remove and fix (doesn't smear all over the place). Yes, it does take time to apply, but that's how it is going to be with mostly any gel liner. It stays on all day even when it is hot out or I go swimming. I would definitely recommend and buy this product again.

on 8/23/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have two of these, one in brown, the other in charcoal. Lasts all day, is waterproof and the price is great. I don't use the brush that comes with it, instead I stick to an angled brush to wedge the colour in between my lashes.

on 8/17/2014 4:03:00 AM

For clarification, I would not repurchase this product because it will take me forever to finish it. But I like it! It's my first firay into gelliners and I was convinced by the lovely Lisa Eldrige that this would be as good as the more expensive Bobbi Brown. So off I went to the drugstore.

I do find gelliners a bit more tricky to apply than liquid or felt tip liners. I take a small amount, using the complimentary brush, put it on the back of my hand and spread the product until I have the desired thickness on the brush. This extra step sometimes annoys me when I'm pressed for time but still want to do a feline flick.

Staying power is great when I use either a primer or a good powder eye shadow (I love the Lancome and Chanel shadows). If not, then it starts to smudge within 1 hr. This is due to my oily lids and might not be an issue to others.

Color is quite black, although it needs a few applications to achieve a true black.

In hindsight, I'm very happy I bought it and will finish it.

on 8/15/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love using gel eyeliner instead of pencil or liquid. I like how this one is dark and stays on all day. With other gel eyeliners I've had, It would go all over my eyelids and it would rub off easily. This one is waterproof so it does stay on. I have a love/hate relationship with the brush, I use it sometimes and sometimes i use my own. But overall I recommend this product if you prefer gel liners. I definitely use it all the time and i still have ALOT left.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have purchased this gel liner in Black, Brown, Navy, and Eggplant/Aubergine (also available in dark green, gray, and some limited edition/seasonal colors). It comes with a really great brush if you don't have your own eyeliner brush to apply it. The formula is pigmented and creamy. It doesn't drag across your eyelid and applies evenly and smoothly. The colors are nice, I personally wish the brown was a bit more darkly pigmented but the other colors are great. I use the brown everyday and then use the colors for evening when I am going out. I have fair skin and blonde hair so the brown is great because it is less startling against my fair skin than the black. I would recommend wiping the brush off when it is still damp because the product tends to clump up in the brush and it becomes difficult to draw a perfect cat eye with a gunked-up brush. I wash mine with baby shampoo every couple of uses to keep the brush sharp-shaped and flexible. The black and brown don't have any shimmer in them and they dry to a waterproof matte finish. The Aubergine color has a bit of shimmer in the formula but it isn't very noticeable on the eyelid. This is a fantastic product for someone who is just getting into makeup because it is fairly inexpensive compared to MAC Blacktrack or Bobbi Brown's gel liner (equally amazing) but it still offers the great color payoff and staying power as a more expensive product. Once the product sets, it doesn't budge all day! I usually start out with a small amount and build it up on the lash line so the creamy formula doesn't go rogue and make you look like a panda by accident (it happens to the best of us). Also, beware of any stray clumps on the brush or your hands because they seem to always end up somewhere on your face and get smudged and are difficult to remove when they dry, this isn't always an issue but it has been known to happen when you're in a hurry. EVERYONE who likes to wear eyeliner should buy this product because it has major staying power and you can go minimal (pushing it into your lashline) or bold with your look (winged liner, or wherever the makeup takes you). I have repurchased this several times in different colors and I will keep buying it until they stop making it (which is hopefully NEVER because I love it).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros:
-Creamy
-Waterproof and smudge proof, I'm not sure if it claims to be waterproof but I once swam in this and it didn't come off.
-Lasts ALLL day.
-Great dupe for mac fluidline.
-Cheap.
-The brush that comes with it is surprisingly quite nice.
Cons:
-Dries out in a couple of months as most gel eyeliners do.

As u can see.. it's an awesome product, it was unnecessary to add a con but I wanted to be completely honest :)

This gel liner does have its downfalls. The liner does smear and smudge throughout the day. Overall, I am not overly fond of gel liners, but if you enjoy them you might want to try this one. I have tried the black. * Just a tip for gel liner usage: do not go over the line with additional product continuously as it will smudge and eliminate the fluency and crisp line.

on 7/27/2014 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this in the color espresso. It's a great gel liner! The applicator was simple and easy to use. The product is creamy and easy to apply. It takes a little longer to dry, but once it's set- you're good to go! I have oil-slick eyelids and these budged very little. The first day I wore it, I spent the whole day walking around nyc in the muggy heat. I expected my eyes to be a mess after about 7 hours of wear, but to my surprise, it stayed on! There was only very little transfer to my under eyes. This liner is also very good for tight-lining. I'm very impressed!

Video Reviews & Tutorials