October 24, 2014 | 1728 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I expected more from this foundation, it is just ok in my book, it is sheer, very sheer, and not as luminous as one might thing, at least for me...the colors are all a bit too yellow...all in all, my face looks a bit flat using it..not great in my views.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Randybish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the color 'Macau'. It's my favorite winter foundation. It's not sheer coverage or glowing but it's semi-matte and has a great amount of coverage without making your skin look "fake". I hate the packaging. It doesn't come with a pump and that makes absolutely no sense to me for the price. I paid about $45 for 1 FL. I don't wear it often because it's expensive. I tend to save it for special occasions or if I feel like looking extra nice that day. It's a great foundation overall I just hate the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Coconoire84

This foundation alongside the illamasqua skin base is so lovely and radiant. The illamasqua gives a dewy healthy Fresh effect and the Nars gives me a semi matte glowy healthy finish. Both give me the ultimate polished look, both great coverage which is buildable. Neither emphasise my slightly enlarged pores around my nose. The Nars foundation is slightly thicker than the illamasqua but i can't feel either of them on my skin. Both as great as each other list giving a different finish depending on your desired look. Downside is that it didn't come with a pump so it gets VERY messy and drips into the inside of the lid which is so upsetting for OCD weirdos like me! Both foundations did not budge during long sweltering summer days outside.my skin remained as though I'd literally just applied my make up. No need to touch up or re powder! Will always keeps these two products as my favourites on my dresser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by missjorja28

I really love this foundation!

I swap between this in Mount Blanc, and Hourglass Illusion in Ivory for day time coverage. Today was my first day back on the NARS and once again, my love affair is reignited. It's smooth, good coverage and makes me look like I'm glowing. Super easy to apply (with my fingers so the pigments warm and intensify with the heat, then buffed in with a brush). In Australia this is about $20 cheaper than Hourglass. It might still be expensive for some, but I always tell myself that it's better to spend money on something that will sit on my face for a whole day (or night!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by 2labs

Great foundation. Doesn't make my skin break out, nor does it exacerbate dry patches. The colour "Mont Blanc" matches my skin tone perfectly too.

The first day that I wore this I was told "wow, you're looking good today!". Enough said. I will definitely keep buying this one. It may not be the cheapest but it is worth the price to me.

PS one letdown….it needs a pump as standard!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

Pros:
- I LOVE the yellow colouring of it. Every time my face is red/irritated with scarring (I have a bad habit of squeezing at white and black heads, eurgh) I use this foundation because it has enough coverage and yellowness to make my skin look flawless without any concealer. I didn't use a concealer for years so this was really good for those times.
- I have normal-oily skin; my skin gets oily after about 5-6 hours, then I have to retouch my foundation. With this, I'd say I get oily after 5 hours.
- Price is reasonable, I think.

Cons:
- No. Pump. I wish they included a pump and jacked the price. It is just hard for me to splurge the extra $$ on an optional pump, even though I have splurged $100 on a Giorgio Armani foundation and currently have 5 foundations on rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I really like this product! It looks natural and it covers up a lot! It's a little on the pricier side, but then again it is a high end product and you get what you pay for! I would defiantly repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know if I'm just horrifically picky or what, but it seems I can never find a foundation color match I love. I normally use Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in BR12, but while it matches my face it is just a touch too dark for my slightly lighter neck. Chanel doesn't make a lighter shade. So, I bought Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc since it was recommended as a similar shade. Mont Blanc is similar, but it's lighter than BR12. BR12 matches my face exactly, while the Mont Blanc matches my neck exactly. So I mixed the two; the two formulas mix easily and I have a perfect match now! The Nars foundation itself is great. I like the finish it gives and just apply it over my moisturizer. Definitely buy the pump; I can't imagine using the Nars foundation without it.

Other colors from Nars I like incase it helps someone (I'm about NW15-20): blush: Sex Appeal and Douceur; concealer: vanilla; eyeshadow: Ashes to Ashes, Alhambra, All About Eve, Bali, Coconut Grove and Abyssinia; Matte Multiple: Exumas; bronzer: Laguna

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Yes and No. Mostly leaning no, sadly.
Good:
NC40/42=Stromboli, at least for me. It was a tad light but overall, lots of yellow and matched me very well compared to most foundations. The coverage is surprisingly good! This foundation convinced me that I dont need super, heavy-duty, thick foundation to cover my flaws, I dont have problematic skin and this is great for people with that. Its lightweight. Does not dry me out or make me oily. Did not accentuate pores&wrinkles. Comes in many shades.

Bad: Where's the staying power? There is none. Im so used to my liquid iron Estee Lauder Double Wear and this was like nothing! I barely rubbed/touched my face and it came off! And I do not have oily skin! The foundation disappears throughout the day. Maybe a primer of some sort would help? Does not come with a pump. Not glowy, more like semi-matte, or natural but I dont see that as a bad thing, just the name misleading. Expensive.

If only the staying power was better, it would be worth it. I really like the shades, finish and the feeling of this. Bummer...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by CJenkins33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation really gives your an even coverage which is probably what everyone is always looking for...well i am anyways. Also it doesn't cake onto my face or flake off during the day.