NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 12/11/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. I have dry, clear skin with a few dry patches in the winter. This foundation is heaven sent. It matches my skin perfectly (I use the shade barcelona. For reference, I'm a MAC NC40-42), it evens out my skin tone and looks very natural. It does transfer to clothes easily, but I just give myself a very light dusting of setting powder. I think this foundation is def worth the price.

First I want to stress that of your considering buying this foundation get it tested before you buy it.
It is promoted as being a "dewy finish" as soon as I apply it, it is matte. The bottle is nice however you have to pay an additional £3 for a pump bit ridiculous. I have combination skin so oily t zone and dry cheeks. I found that even though I use my favourite primer (Benefit Porefessional) the foundation sits in the pores and clogs them after a few hours of wear. It looks absolutely gross and if you have oily or combo skin then this definitely isn't the one.

I am awaiting a refund on this foundation as I dislike it that much. I am still on the hunt for a go to foundation. I have tried so many brands now.

on 12/8/2014 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going to just say, my review is based on using a sample I had of this foundation- I have really considered buying this foundation as I have been on the hunt for the "perfect" foundation for my dry/sensitive skin. I only gave this 3 stars because.... Like I said I only had a sample. My sample was good for 2 days worth of use. First off, I was color matched to the color "deauville" I really loved the texture of the foundation, it's definitely on the liquidy/runny consistency side (not very thick.). But it applied smoothly and pretty evenly. Definitely felt nice gliding on my dry skin. I'd personally say its a medium/light- buildable coverage. My complaints to this product: the color I received- It was a perfect match, or so I thought, 10 mins after wearing the makeup, my husband: " umm, why is your face so orange??! " so, yeah, it seemed to oxidize or something?! I'm not certain on other colors either, as most seem to have orange/yellow tones. Also, the price is up there. I really want to give it another try, possibly even buy the full size, but I'd definitely have to make SURE of a color before I spend $60. And no pump on bottle.

on 12/3/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

I have very dry skin and found that this foundation does cling to dry patches abit. What I love about this line is that it has many shades to choose from and i was able to find an exact match -Ceylon. It does oxidize a bit so be aware and test it out on your skin. The coverage is sheer to medium. It feels good on but at this price I rather find an alternative. Packaging is also not great as it doesn't come with a pump even though you are paying $60 for it! Not sure why they wouldn't include a pump considering every other major brand does. Finish is actually not that glowy at all. I find that i don't even need to powder afterwards.

on 12/2/2014 10:25:00 AM

First impression of applying this foundation was great it went on smoothly and looked flawless with little foundation but good coverage but throughout the day it really clung to the dry patches of my face and didn't wear very well at all it was patchy by midday, applying another layer made it look cakey and made my skin dirty looking. Can't say i would purchase this foundation again it's definitely not my type of foundation.

on 12/1/2014 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love how this foundation looks on me. It provides buildable coverage, with a dewy soft finish, perfect for covering any scars or acne. I especially love how it blends perfectly with my Nars concealer. (I use Stromboli for my foundation and Ginger for my concealer). Depending on the look that you are going for, I would recommend setting it with a translucent powder, but 80% of the time I don't.
Cons would definitely be the fact that this great foundation is just so damn pricey. Also, I am not a fan of the packaging, I wish that it came in a pump, but of course that would be extra.
Nevertheless, I have a difficult time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone and provides the coverage I require. And lets keep it real, Nar's products rarely disappoint.

was so happy to purchase this foundation!

as a lover of YouTube sensations (Pixiwoo, Zoella, Tanya Burr etc.) I just had to try this as they rave about it and when they use it in tutorials their skin looks flawless!

I don't have a Nars counter close to me so had to wait until I made a trip into London and I brought this at Space NK for around £35.

I love love love this foundation, it applies so smoothly and I'm genuinely so surprised with the coverage! It's a buildable medium!

The finish of this is beautiful on my skin, I have normal skin that can sometimes have a few dry patches in the winter and this just makes my skin look super healthy and bright!

I would recommend using a setting powder with this foundation though as my t-zone starts to become slightly oily about 2/3 hours after I've applied it, although I find that any foundation with radiance or glowing properties does the same.

The only bad thing about this is that you have to pay extra for a seperate pump. I'm not bothered whether or not a pump is included I can use the right amount either way (this foundation isn't so runny that it pours out) but for the steep price I feel you should be given one perhaps seperatly in the box so you have the choice but this is just me being picky and you can pick up cheap pumps from eBay or amazon if you felt you needed one.

on 11/30/2014 3:28:00 PM

I had to join just to write a review on this product.

I bought it as I had seen so much hype about it, and I had been searching for the perfect foundation. My skin is sort of on the combination side, my nose gets a little oily occasionally, but it is also dry and can flake as well. (weird?).

I went to get this stuff and had it tested on me in store. When I saw it on, I thought it was streaky and cakey as hell.. however the make up artist used a paddle brush and I always think they leave stuff looking cakey. So out of politeness and giving the product the benefit of the doubt, I bought it in siberia.

No matter what I do with this stuff, it just looks absolutely disgusting. Its hard to blend, even with your hands it still looks streaky. This stuff will stick to every single dry spot on your face, also, if you have a bit of fair hair on your lip, it will make you look like a man. It clings to everything!! i cannot believe the hype of this stuff, it is absolutely awful!!

ive tried applying with my hands, my sigma f80, real techniques buffing and expert brush.. nada.. nothing can make this stuff work. Ive tried with primer, without, always wash and moisturise my skin before hand. The stuff just makes my skin look even worse then it did before. I would not recommend this to anyone, because i believe even if you do have oily skin, this stuff will find some dryness on your face and show it!!

on 11/30/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My new HG foundation. It takes a lot to wow me with foundation, I've used MAC, Estée Lauder, Laura Mercier, YSL etc. This is a combination of good coverage with a dewy finish, but it's definitely not glowy. It's very hard to explain but it just makes my skin look great! I don't need much concealer and I just feel "polished" . It does need setting with powder but that's the case with most foundation. The lack of pump doesn't bother me in the slightest but I agree that it shouldn't be something you have to pay extra for.

on 11/25/2014 1:02:00 PM

This is the worst liquid foundation I've used to date. It hurts to spend that much money and have it not work out.
The texture was strange? I felt I was smearing oil on my face but it was making worse any dry patchy skin. It dries down quite quick and is matte. There was no glow to it.
Far away I think the foundation looks a little nice on the skin, but when you get up close, it's dry, cakey, cracks, bad bad terrible, ugly. It sits on top of the skin awfully and in the pores. I kept using it and trying to make it work. Have now given up. There is not a nice thing to say about the formulation of the foundation. I like the bottle though, it's sleek and pretty to look at.
I have it in deuville, it's not a perfect match but the best match out of the shades available for my nc15-20.

Video Reviews & Tutorials