NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

I have combo skin and really struggle to find a foundation that actually works for me! i tried this as a sample as i've heard so many good reviews.
I wasnt disappointed with this product however i didnt feel that i got the full effect of it until i had contoured my face and applied the NARS light relfecting powder which by the way is amazing!
i LOVE this foundation because it doesnt oxydise at all which means you dont end up looking a funny colour or cakey!! AMAZE
defiently would reccommed this!
Im a mac shade NW15/20 and i use shade Deuville.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Deauville for the 12 months and I can't imagine using anything else. The name is a misnomer as this great foundation is neither sheer nor overly glowing; rather it's a lovely medium to full coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish. I've received so many compliments on my skin since starting to use it.

The foundation comes out as a deceptively thin liquid, but it's well-pigmented, so a little goes a long way. It blends easily to provide a soft, even finish and it feels quite lightweight on the skin. As with most foundations, I'd recommend moisturising thoroughly before use as it may cling to dry spots. I find it lasts a full workday without the need for touch ups, although it may not be as lasting for someone with more oily skin (mine is normal to dry).

I find one pump is enough to provide all over medium coverage (which is what I prefer on a daily basis), whereas two pumps is the right amount for a full coverage evening look. Either way, it evens out my skin tone, covers the mild acne scars on my chin and the circles under my eyes, and it's easily buildable over problem areas. I mostly use my fingers to apply, although I sometimes follow with a beauty blender to ensure it's blended smoothly.

Before using Nars Sheer Glow, I used to use Revlon Colourstay in Natural Beige. Both foundations have a similar level of coverage, but the Nars product feels much lighter on the skin and looks less like make up. I feel like it looks like my skin, but better.

As others have mentioned, the packaging leaves a little to be desired as pumps as sold separately to the foundation and the foundation lid does not fit over the pump. This is a bit annoying; however, I'd hardly throw out an excellent foundation because a minor packaging inconvenience.

Overall, I greatly recommend this lovely foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this in my absolute exact shade Siberia, before Sheer Glow I had never had a foundation match me so well. The packaging looks lovely but the fact it doesn't come with a pump is a real downer, you can buy the pump separately which I did, however you can't put the screw top lid on when the pump is on, so you have to choose between no pump and a cleaner and better looking bottle with a lid or a pump but it looks ugly and dirty and you have no lid. Obviously this isn't a huge issue for most but I can't stand the look of a lidless foundation, ick.

On application using a beauty blender it goes on very opaque and I love how perfectly it matches my skin, however it clings to dry patches like its no body's business! And since I have dry skin, particularly on my forehead, nose and on the apples of my cheeks, it's not very nice, however once I apply concealer and powder it's virtually undetectable, so I'll be using this until it runs out. As Siberia is my exact shade I wanted to order either sheer glow of luminous weightless, I opted for sheer glow as opposed to luminous because I had read the the latter is very mattifying and drying whereas sheer glow is dewy... not on my skin. It's bone dry and very matte.

Overall I give sheer glow 3 stars because I like the coverage and I love the shade Siberia, and I do believe on more oily/normal skin types it would do wonderfully.

Loved this foundation, but found a drugstore equivalent that will save me big bucks. This is a fantastic product, however, and if you have the money for it, then by all means continue purchasing this foundation!

Finally found my HG!! I always commented on previous foundations ‘thinking‘ they were HGs but for this one I say it with absolute certainty!! Got this in Mont Blanc at a discount sale because of the raving reviews-what can I say, it is definitely ‘sheer glow‘ on me. i have ridiculously oily, sensitive, dry scaled T zone and normal cheeks, and this is the only foundation that lasts long enough without too much alcohol content that highlights my dry patches, while makes it looks like healthy skin! I have no acne and I am happy with the medium coverage it provides. I love Armani Luminous Silk but it melts after 3 hours on me, while this one doesnt-amazing!! I love to apply it with a stippling brush and the finish is so natural. It doesnt have SPF so this will be my new HG special occasion foundation, although I think that I will be wearing it every single day I love it this much!!! Rubbish design without a pump, but it doesnt bother me too much paying extra for one. the foundation itself is so worth it!! Please do not change its formulation like Laura Mercier does you will loose all your current customers

My skin has been acting a beast lately. Dry patches, blemishes, oil slicks, redness, textural issues.....just a mess. This is one of the few items that has given me a more even complexion. So far I have only used this with my fingers and my beauty blender, but either way it still blends really lovely. It's not a full coverage (more like light to medium), so you'll still have to go in with some concealer or top it with a powder. What I love is that it gave me a satin matte finish, it covered my redness, minimized my imperfections and still gave a natural finish. Also, I have not found this to break me out, which is awesome. The ONE downside is that NARS makes you pay an extra $6 for a pump. For a foundation that is nearly $50, I'm disappointed that they don't make that a basic offer. This single fact will keep me from being loyal to this brand and foundation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Update: After several days of wearing this foundation, and having photos snapped of me, catching my own reflection, etc., I've learned this does indeed get "greasy-looking" on me. It's not just in certain areas either; it's my entire face. It's not a "luminous glow", because I just look sweaty. What a shame. I thought I'd found a winner. I probably should have purchased the All Day Luminous Weightless, which I've heard is good for oiler skins. Drat.

Original review and kvetch about packaging:
I bought this for the first time ever just this week. I was shocked when I opened the bottle and noticed there's no pump! I guess the foundations I've bought in the last few years have had pumps, so I forgot about this old-fashioned bottle type.When I purchased the foundation I didn't know it came without a pump, because all the sampler bottles on the shelves had pumps.I apply foundation with either a damp Beautyblender or a brush, and it's impossible to pour just a drop of foundation out of this bottle without wasting a bunch of it or making a mess.

My MAC shade has always been determined as NC35, but the only MAC foundation I ever actually wear is Face & Body, and my shade is C4. At Sephora, the shade Barcelona was suggested to me, and I was told that it's the same range as NC35.. The lighting in Sephora always confuses me, so I went for the "expert" opinion. After wearing Barcelona 5-6 times, I realize, without a doubt, I should have gone with my own choice, Stromboli. I look a little washed-out in Barcelona.

I will likely repurchase this foundation (in Stromboli), but one thing that might make me think twice about it, is that lack of inclusion of a foundation pump (or having the foundation in a pump bottle). This foundation costs enough that customers should be able to expect quality, state-of-the-art packaging. Charging $6.00 extra to buy a pump is just plain cheap on Shiseido's part, and it makes me wonder where else they'll cut corners. I really shoulda bought

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NARS Sheer Glow is my favorite foundation. I have sensitive skin and my skin can handle this foundation without any problems. I always come back to NARS Sheer Glow.

I got this foundation in the shade Siberia, it was the first time I found a foundation that perfectly matches my skin tone. I often have trouble with them being too dark. NARS foundation had been recommended to me by my cousin who works in beauty. As soon as I got this I was so happy to have a foundation that matched my skin and gave me an even complexion. I do have some trouble with acne and its coverage isn't the best with blemishes but it's long lasting and feels light and smooth on the skin. I really enjoy this and it is my new go to foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The application was really easy as the product is quite sheer. It is for people without much skin troubles due to the sheerness of the product, it's more to even out skin tone. What I really like is the luminosity that it provides. Personally, I don't really like matte foundations as it tends to look cakey after awhile. One issue I have with it is that you have to buy the pump separately as it does not come with the bottle. It's like Nars is finding ways to justify it's already expensive price. It is overall a good product though. Favourite liquid foundation so far.

Video Reviews & Tutorials