NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Love it. Great coverage but not cakey or drying in the slightest and it leaves you looking and feeling fresh. Great mixed with luminous silk.

Holy grail for me! So good that I won't try anything else! If it ain't broke why fix it! Perfect amount of build able coverage and looks flawless with or without a primer! Perfect all year round! I am a Mac NW10 and Siberia is a perfect match for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I recently finished my bottle of NARS Sheer Glow, and while I have several other foundations I'd like to use up first, I will buy this again. It made my skin look better and didn't look like a mask. I have a great color match in this foundation, and that's more rare than you'd think. I've given up on many formulas I liked because I didn't have a good match. My shade is neutral, neither too pink nor too yellow. Deauville is perfect for me. For reference, I'm Sand in Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, and Y225 (formerly 117) Marble in MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. I have combination skin; some oil in the T-zone, but neither terribly oily nor dry.

PROS:

1. Beautiful shade range of flesh tones (which could be expanded).
2. The finish is not as dewy as the name suggests. It is more of a satin matte.
3. This foundation has a smoothing effect and blurs, rather than emphasizes, minor textural flaws such as large pores or fine lines. My skin looks better with this foundation than with Smashbox Studio Fix, which has a true matte finish.
4. Holds up well on combination skin.

CONS:

1. No pump included; you have to purchase one separately.
2. It's best on normal to slightly oily or slightly dry skin. If you're extremely oily and used to Double Wear, you will likely see more breakthrough shine than you are used to.
3.$45 per ounce is costly, however; it's less expensive than Armani Luminous Silk.

INGREDIENTS:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [+/- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

HG forever and always
I've tried everything from MAC, EL, Giorgio Armani, Laura mercier, Smashbox, Too faced, Chanel I could literally go on and on.

This without a doubt never ever fails me, this with a beauty blender makes my skin look airbrushed, I can build it from light to full coverage if I really wanted to and it never looks cakey!

The colours run a tad yellow but not enough to steer me away.
This is the only foundation I've ever finished bottles of!
If you have combo skin and find you get a bit oily wearing it, try the hourglass mineral veil with it.

This is a good foundation but it's way overhyped and i don't think it's worth the price. I think you can find better foundations for less/same price.

I have combo skin and really struggle to find a foundation that actually works for me! i tried this as a sample as i've heard so many good reviews.
I wasnt disappointed with this product however i didnt feel that i got the full effect of it until i had contoured my face and applied the NARS light relfecting powder which by the way is amazing!
i LOVE this foundation because it doesnt oxydise at all which means you dont end up looking a funny colour or cakey!! AMAZE
defiently would reccommed this!
Im a mac shade NW15/20 and i use shade Deuville.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Deauville for the 12 months and I can't imagine using anything else. The name is a misnomer as this great foundation is neither sheer nor overly glowing; rather it's a lovely medium to full coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish. I've received so many compliments on my skin since starting to use it.

The foundation comes out as a deceptively thin liquid, but it's well-pigmented, so a little goes a long way. It blends easily to provide a soft, even finish and it feels quite lightweight on the skin. As with most foundations, I'd recommend moisturising thoroughly before use as it may cling to dry spots. I find it lasts a full workday without the need for touch ups, although it may not be as lasting for someone with more oily skin (mine is normal to dry).

I find one pump is enough to provide all over medium coverage (which is what I prefer on a daily basis), whereas two pumps is the right amount for a full coverage evening look. Either way, it evens out my skin tone, covers the mild acne scars on my chin and the circles under my eyes, and it's easily buildable over problem areas. I mostly use my fingers to apply, although I sometimes follow with a beauty blender to ensure it's blended smoothly.

Before using Nars Sheer Glow, I used to use Revlon Colourstay in Natural Beige. Both foundations have a similar level of coverage, but the Nars product feels much lighter on the skin and looks less like make up. I feel like it looks like my skin, but better.

As others have mentioned, the packaging leaves a little to be desired as pumps as sold separately to the foundation and the foundation lid does not fit over the pump. This is a bit annoying; however, I'd hardly throw out an excellent foundation because a minor packaging inconvenience.

Overall, I greatly recommend this lovely foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this in my absolute exact shade Siberia, before Sheer Glow I had never had a foundation match me so well. The packaging looks lovely but the fact it doesn't come with a pump is a real downer, you can buy the pump separately which I did, however you can't put the screw top lid on when the pump is on, so you have to choose between no pump and a cleaner and better looking bottle with a lid or a pump but it looks ugly and dirty and you have no lid. Obviously this isn't a huge issue for most but I can't stand the look of a lidless foundation, ick.

On application using a beauty blender it goes on very opaque and I love how perfectly it matches my skin, however it clings to dry patches like its no body's business! And since I have dry skin, particularly on my forehead, nose and on the apples of my cheeks, it's not very nice, however once I apply concealer and powder it's virtually undetectable, so I'll be using this until it runs out. As Siberia is my exact shade I wanted to order either sheer glow of luminous weightless, I opted for sheer glow as opposed to luminous because I had read the the latter is very mattifying and drying whereas sheer glow is dewy... not on my skin. It's bone dry and very matte.

Overall I give sheer glow 3 stars because I like the coverage and I love the shade Siberia, and I do believe on more oily/normal skin types it would do wonderfully.

Loved this foundation, but found a drugstore equivalent that will save me big bucks. This is a fantastic product, however, and if you have the money for it, then by all means continue purchasing this foundation!

Finally found my HG!! I always commented on previous foundations ‘thinking‘ they were HGs but for this one I say it with absolute certainty!! Got this in Mont Blanc at a discount sale because of the raving reviews-what can I say, it is definitely ‘sheer glow‘ on me. i have ridiculously oily, sensitive, dry scaled T zone and normal cheeks, and this is the only foundation that lasts long enough without too much alcohol content that highlights my dry patches, while makes it looks like healthy skin! I have no acne and I am happy with the medium coverage it provides. I love Armani Luminous Silk but it melts after 3 hours on me, while this one doesnt-amazing!! I love to apply it with a stippling brush and the finish is so natural. It doesnt have SPF so this will be my new HG special occasion foundation, although I think that I will be wearing it every single day I love it this much!!! Rubbish design without a pump, but it doesnt bother me too much paying extra for one. the foundation itself is so worth it!! Please do not change its formulation like Laura Mercier does you will loose all your current customers

Video Reviews & Tutorials