NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought this to try out for the first time. I'm currently looking for a replacement for my HG Chanel Mat Lumiere that is now discontinued. I haven't found it yet but Sheer Glow is very close. I got this and forgot to buy the pump to use w/ it. I never made it back to the store for the pump because whatever, I really don't need it. It isn't a huge disadvantage for me and I don't rate this poorly for lack of a pump! First, I will say that I'm oily but I really hate the matte look. I've tried Chanel Vitalumiere which is a great foundation with medium coverage and that "glow" effect however it is too moisturizing for my skin type. I moved on to Boots Lift & Luminate foundation. This was a complete fail. No coverage and too oily. Next was L'Oreal True Match Lumi which was fantastic however it broke me out like no other! So here I am with Nars Sheer Glow. I avoided this for years because they say it is not good for oily skin. Well, it is just fine for me! I really like this foundation. It doesn't cling to any dry flakes from my currently oily & dehyrated skin. It looks so natural on with a slight hint of glow. It makes my skin look flawless. It isn't too moisturizing either. I love how my skin looks with this. However.......................
not a HG product. It applies streaky. I'm pretty savvy with applying foundation with various methods hands, brushes etc. I can't get this to sit even on my face. I use the same ol' primer (Dior Pore Minimizer) and it still seems streaky. I don't know, I'm going to have to work HARD to perfect this. I've only used this for a few days. Another problem is that I *think* this gives me breakouts. I now in my tender years have moderate adult acne prone skin so I have at least one jerkoff zit on my face at all times. My skin was pretty clear prior to using this and now I have a few breakouts on my cheeks. This won't stop me from using it because I do still like this foundation enough to keep it. I just can't use it as an every day foundation.

Shades: Good large selection of shades. I got the shade "Barcelona" which is comparable to Urban Decay 6.0, MAC NC40 and Shiseido O60.

Staying Power: Not good. Whomp Whomp. It will start to fade in about 5 hours.

Finish: You will look like an Angel

Oil Control: Very good actually. My skin didn't get all greasy at the end of the day.

UPDATE:
1. This doesn't break me out. I've been reaching for this a lot lately in the winter and it works great.
2. Also, I found the perfect way to apply this. Less is more with this foundation! I put four dabs on my face with my finger. I put one on both cheeks, forehead and nose and blend with FINGERS! NO BRUSHES SEEM TO WORK WITH THIS FOUNDATION.

on 12/28/2014 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a beautiful liquid foundation. I am not an everyday foundation wearer, but when I do wear it, this is one of my favorites. The finish is gorgeous! Not super glowy, but a healthy fresh glow. The coverage is a perfect medium coverage. It is fairly long lasting, but will normally need at least one touch up with powder throughout the day.

on 12/28/2014 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! Foundation is my necessity product, my skin has a lot of spot scarring so it's important to me that my foundation is good enough. I currently own around 5 different foundations: Bare Escentuals Liquid foundation, Maybelline's Fit Me, Mac Studio Fluid, Revlon Colourstay & Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. I bought this at John Lewis, it's usually £31 but due to the sales everything was 10% off so it came to the price of £27.90. I was matched to the shade 'Stromboli' - I am MAC NC40/Fit Me 210/ generally a beige colour and the finish looked seamless and natural although the lady applying it was a makeup expert so no surprise. The finish isnt dewy, it's more matte but this is perfect for oily or combination skin types.

on 12/26/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my very favorite foundations. I find myself returning to it time and time again. I can wear a couple different shades. The coverage is just perfect. Light and natural. Looks like I am literally applying a new layer of skin. It glows without having any shimmer and is dewy but never greasy. I get compliments all the time that my skin looks flawless and airbrushed when in reality it is this foundation. It is lightweight and blends effortlessly. My only complaint is the packaging. I wish it had a pump top like the testers do. I somehow splash foundation everywhere. It is splattered all over my vanity when I simply put my finger on the opening and turn it over. Wonderful nonetheless.

on 12/26/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not too thrilled with this product. It may be because I do use an f-80, and I've heard it's formulated to use with your figures. I'm on my second bottle(couldn't decide what to go with when I ran out), it's a bit streaky and patchy, no matter how much I moisturize or prime, it just doesn't work for me.

on 12/21/2014 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My new hg foundation! Medium plus coverage yet doesn't look or feel heavy at all. Excellent color match (for me NW20=MontBlanc). Applies and blends easily with my UD Optical Blurring brush. Long lasting. Wish pump was included (had to order it seperately) but that's my only complaint.

on 12/19/2014 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I still don't know why I haven't returned this. I guess it is the influence of MUA and all the favorable reviews. I go on thinking that I am doing something wrong. So here is my experience: I have dry to combo skin, but I have never managed to wear this without it separating on my skin. It always just cracks and lets the underneath skin show/shine through, while caking in other spots. Maybe my skin is much more combo than I thought. Too dry in some places, too oily for this in others.
Don't get me wrong, this does look good for a while. But I cannot trust it and I do not like that feeling. My skin is too dry for powders, but I have tried to combine this with powder. And I have tried a few primers. No success yet. Most likely I just haven't found the right primer to make this work. But I am not sure how much more to invest jut trying to make this work. There are plenty of trustworthy foundations out there, that you can rub your nose or get oily, and that will never look as bad as this one does when it goes wrong. I hate "high maintenance" foundations that will only look good if all the conditions are perfect.

on 12/18/2014 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

When they say 'sheer glow' they don't mean the foundation is sheer with a nice dewy finish. It means the foundation has a sheer light dewiness.

Don't get confused. This foundation is medium buildable to full. I absolutely love this foundation! It gave me such a nice coverage and finish and works the best with hourglass veil primer.

I have pale skin on my face and everytime you match my skin you would pick like a light foundation which makes my face look pale which I hate. But this one, I found the perfect shade that matches my skin colour without looking pale. The coverage is alright, I haven't tried it in winter but in summer the sides of my nose (on the cheek area) gets oily (ONLY that area. I had struggle with very dry skin) and after a day it breaks down only on the corner of my nose and it happens with usually all my foundation when its hot. I wore this to Bondi beach in a hot weather.

But with the hourglass primer I last a lot longer and better finish! The thing a lot of people complain is that it doesn't come with a pump but with a high price ($54~ au I think)

I use this with a buffing brush and prefer it over a sponge. It seems to soak into the sponge and enhance the dry areas because it soaks all the moisture from the foundation and leaving pigment only. Even though its for dry skin I still would recommend having a very moisturised faced and a good primer.

The big problem is I think its breaking me out. I cant be too sure because during the summer my skin started acting up but it seems to start breaking out on the cheeks near my pores where it gets oily. I think it clogs that area. I stopped using it and haven't seem to experience that tiny breakout but I think its because of the oily area , the only area it breaks out is the area I get oily. I think in winter when I stop being oily I should work fine but I recommend a sample to test out because there are few people who complain about the break out. If only it doesn't break me out I would call it my holy grail easily.

on 12/18/2014 6:53:00 AM

I've only had this a few days but it seems to be drying my skin out so bad. And it's not sheer, or glowy. And don't even get me started on the fact it doesn't have a pump

on 12/16/2014 3:24:00 PM

I have very fair skin and struggle to find a foundation that will match my skin tone. When my MAC Studio Fix in NW10 ran out, I didn't want to repurchase it because I felt that it was too dark, so I decided to try NARS, and tried out the Sheer Glow foundation in the lightest shade, Siberia. At first, I liked this foundation as I liked the finish and the color seemed like it was a better match than the MAC one (although now I think it was too yellow toned), but since then my opinion has changed and I can honestly say this is the worst foundation I have ever tried! It was very expensive for a start, at 31.00, and didn't come with a pump - which I know is not uncommon but if I'm paying that much for the foundation in the first place surely it should include something as simple as a pump?! I also find the lasting power on this foundation to be very poor - at first I thought that it was my moisturizer that was making my foundation literally slide off my face, but I tried it on bare skin and the same thing happened - bearing on mind that my skin is not actually oily and is more dry. Applying it with a brush is difficult in my opinion as it moves around too much and instead I have to use a Beauty Blender. This is very disappointing to see such a poor product from such a good brand, and in fact if this had been the first product that I had tried from NARS, I think I would have been put off buying anything else. Don't do it!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials