Garnier Triple Nutrition Conditioner

3.6

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil / Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract / Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Butyrospermum Parkii / Shea Butter, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea Oil / Olive Fruit Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract / Sugar Cane Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Ribes Nigrum Oil / Black Currant Seed Oil, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract / Lemon Peel Extract, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Camellia Sinensis Extract / Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, F.I.L. D35637/3

I have very long, wavy hair that has never been dyed an only very rarely touched with heat implements. This conditioner is all I use to wash my hair (I CO aka no-poo wash). My hair isn't very dry or damaged, which is what the bottle says this conditioner is for. This probably is not going to leave severely heat-damaged hair or brush-abused curly hair any more manageable. It's wonderful for moisture-starved hair, but it won't make roughed-up hair feel smoother.

It won't give as much slip as silicone-based conditioners as it contains no silicones. This conditioner is better for moisture than for ease of detangling. That's not a problem at all for me, despite the fact that my hair is not naturally very slippery; it may be a problem for others. It may need to be followed up with another conditioner that gives more slip if the hair in question is indeed very dry, damaged or otherwise hard to detangle. Don't use sparingly. This conditioner definitely works best on wavy to curly hair that responds well to oils. If my experience is any indication, Triple Nutrition will encourage the curl in wavy or curly hair with repeated use. When using this conditioner it may be best to detangle with a comb or fingers in the shower when you hair is saturated with conditioner and has just a little extra water added to it. May be too heavy for straight hair.

My scalp tends get oily scaling on it. It has since before I started using this conditioner. No shampoo has ever taken off that scaling as well as this conditioner has with a little massaging and time to work. I can no longer scratch oily hunks off my scalp right after showering like I could when I used shampoo - and thoroughly massaged that shampoo into my scalp. It would be worth having just for that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was better than the shampoo, which left my hair feeling disgusting. I could only use it on my ends, and it didn't even moisturize them. The line seemed so hopeless. Didn't work on dry, processed hair, and it doesn't work on healthy, virgin hair either.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Never once have I been able to take a comb through my wet/damp, excessively coarse and overbearingly thick hair- until now. I'll give you a little back ground: I am bi-racial, my hair is about 7 months post-relaxer, color treated, and I've been increasingly interested in retaining my hair growth and making my hair as long and silky as possible. Even though my hair is already mid-back length, I face a rather difficult dilemma that makes caring for my hair very trifling- somehow or another my scalp stays very dry and flaky, the hair very close to the scalp gets excessively oily, and the ends of my hair stay drier than the Sahara. I saw the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition line at my local grocery store after running out of my most recent shampoo and conditioner (Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness, for reference) and found myself standing there for a good while debating over the ingredients on the back. Ah, yes, oils. Olive oil, Avocado oil, and Shea butter! Oh, how oils do wonders for my parched disgruntle hair! I didn't purchase these right away but did later on in the week during a trip to Walmart after some research. I purchased both the shampoo and conditioner, then crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. To be honest, the first time I used these, I didn't notice a real difference in my hair in comparison to the Herbal Essences duo I'd been using. I was a little dissappointed, but when I made the decision to do my first ever co-wash I used just this conditioner and was astonished at the result. I could pull a regular comb (actually a big no-no for thick hair, but I didn't have a wide toothed comb with me) through my damp/wet hair with minimal hassle or tug and almost no shedding at all. I proceeded to moisturize/seal my hair then rolled it. When I took my rollers out later that day, I noticed that majority of my split ends had been sealed off and were hard to pick out in a large section of hair. The ends of my hair no longer had that slightly ashen, dry, mummified look to them. The entire length of my hair was so unbelievably soft and moisturized! I can't wait to try the rest of the Triple Nutrition line!

Really great and versatile conditioner. I can use it alone, mix it with Biolage Conditioning Balm, or use a nickel-size drop as a leave in. CG and low-budget friendly.

I use this for co-washing and as a leave in. It's great. Leaves my hair silky and shiny. Cheap stuff, but excellent quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use the Garnier Sleek and Shine poo and dish all the time and loved it. so i decided to try this to give my hair a little more "nutrition".
this was so disappointing. it wasn't very thick, it made my hair greasy, my hair didn't feel as good as with other conditioners.
great shaving cream though. (:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For being a cream conditioner, this didn't do much (if anything) for my long, thick, medium-textured hair. I like a rich conditioner for my ends (especially since my hair is long), but I didn't notice any difference with this product. It felt great going on and as I washed my hair out, but once it dried (air-dried or blow dried), it felt dry and rough (in comparison to my other conditioner, Suave Shea & Almond). I gave this a completely fair shot for several months, but in the end, I tossed about half a bottle. Maybe this would work better for someone with a different hair type, but it just wasn't for me! My hair just doesn't get along that well with Garnier product. Too bad they smell amazing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells good and is very thick in consistency and felt great going on when my hair was wet. However, when my hair dried, it was a poofy, frizzy, flyaway mess. This conditioner does absolutely nothing for my hair.

I didn't like this and will not repurchase. I used it for about a week to give it a chance. First of all, the conditioner is slightly yellow and after I use it, it makes my hair have a weird and darker hue. It makes my hair look more orange-brown and darker. Since I have light blond hair, the added color looks nasty. As far as it conditioning, it does so-so. Because it leaves my hair color looking gross, I will never repurchase and the rest of the bottle is already in the trash.

Honestly I found this conditioner did nothing for my hair in terms of adding moisture, smoothness, or softness. My hair literally felt like I had never even put a conditioner on it after shampooing. I tried paring it with a few different shampoos, but was left with the same nil results.