Garnier Triple Nutrition Conditioner

3.6

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil / Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract / Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Butyrospermum Parkii / Shea Butter, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea Oil / Olive Fruit Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract / Sugar Cane Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Ribes Nigrum Oil / Black Currant Seed Oil, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract / Lemon Peel Extract, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Camellia Sinensis Extract / Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, F.I.L. D35637/3

on 7/2/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Never once have I been able to take a comb through my wet/damp, excessively coarse and overbearingly thick hair- until now. I'll give you a little back ground: I am bi-racial, my hair is about 7 months post-relaxer, color treated, and I've been increasingly interested in retaining my hair growth and making my hair as long and silky as possible. Even though my hair is already mid-back length, I face a rather difficult dilemma that makes caring for my hair very trifling- somehow or another my scalp stays very dry and flaky, the hair very close to the scalp gets excessively oily, and the ends of my hair stay drier than the Sahara. I saw the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition line at my local grocery store after running out of my most recent shampoo and conditioner (Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness, for reference) and found myself standing there for a good while debating over the ingredients on the back. Ah, yes, oils. Olive oil, Avocado oil, and Shea butter! Oh, how oils do wonders for my parched disgruntle hair! I didn't purchase these right away but did later on in the week during a trip to Walmart after some research. I purchased both the shampoo and conditioner, then crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. To be honest, the first time I used these, I didn't notice a real difference in my hair in comparison to the Herbal Essences duo I'd been using. I was a little dissappointed, but when I made the decision to do my first ever co-wash I used just this conditioner and was astonished at the result. I could pull a regular comb (actually a big no-no for thick hair, but I didn't have a wide toothed comb with me) through my damp/wet hair with minimal hassle or tug and almost no shedding at all. I proceeded to moisturize/seal my hair then rolled it. When I took my rollers out later that day, I noticed that majority of my split ends had been sealed off and were hard to pick out in a large section of hair. The ends of my hair no longer had that slightly ashen, dry, mummified look to them. The entire length of my hair was so unbelievably soft and moisturized! I can't wait to try the rest of the Triple Nutrition line!

on 6/30/2011 9:06:00 PM

Really great and versatile conditioner. I can use it alone, mix it with Biolage Conditioning Balm, or use a nickel-size drop as a leave in. CG and low-budget friendly.

on 5/18/2011 8:07:00 PM

I use this for co-washing and as a leave in. It's great. Leaves my hair silky and shiny. Cheap stuff, but excellent quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use the Garnier Sleek and Shine poo and dish all the time and loved it. so i decided to try this to give my hair a little more "nutrition".
this was so disappointing. it wasn't very thick, it made my hair greasy, my hair didn't feel as good as with other conditioners.
great shaving cream though. (:

on 5/18/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For being a cream conditioner, this didn't do much (if anything) for my long, thick, medium-textured hair. I like a rich conditioner for my ends (especially since my hair is long), but I didn't notice any difference with this product. It felt great going on and as I washed my hair out, but once it dried (air-dried or blow dried), it felt dry and rough (in comparison to my other conditioner, Suave Shea & Almond). I gave this a completely fair shot for several months, but in the end, I tossed about half a bottle. Maybe this would work better for someone with a different hair type, but it just wasn't for me! My hair just doesn't get along that well with Garnier product. Too bad they smell amazing!

on 5/15/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells good and is very thick in consistency and felt great going on when my hair was wet. However, when my hair dried, it was a poofy, frizzy, flyaway mess. This conditioner does absolutely nothing for my hair.

on 5/4/2011 11:07:00 AM

I didn't like this and will not repurchase. I used it for about a week to give it a chance. First of all, the conditioner is slightly yellow and after I use it, it makes my hair have a weird and darker hue. It makes my hair look more orange-brown and darker. Since I have light blond hair, the added color looks nasty. As far as it conditioning, it does so-so. Because it leaves my hair color looking gross, I will never repurchase and the rest of the bottle is already in the trash.

on 5/2/2011 8:06:00 AM

Honestly I found this conditioner did nothing for my hair in terms of adding moisture, smoothness, or softness. My hair literally felt like I had never even put a conditioner on it after shampooing. I tried paring it with a few different shampoos, but was left with the same nil results.

on 5/1/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This has been amazing for me. I have oily fairly thick hair and was worried this might make my hair greasy. It definitely doesn't do that or weigh my hair down. The best part? I've noticed my hair is incredibly SHINY. Almost like a tv commercial. I love it.

I use this along with Biolage's normalizing shampoo.

on 4/17/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My absolute favourite conditioner at the moment! I used to only buy salon hair products because I'm very fussy with my hair. I believed I was treating it in the best way that I could.
Then one day I stumbled upon an article that explained the way that silicones in shampoos and conditioners (and other hair treatments and styling products) weigh the hair down and even cause it to dry out. I started researching about how to really treat my hair in the best way that I can. Now all my expensive salon products are rotting away on a shelf, and my hair looks better than ever.
I swear, it sounds like a fake fairy tale/advertisement story, but I used to use a flat iron everytime I washed my hair. My hair was always frizzy and I used a ton of serums/treatments before I would go over my hair with a straightener to make it look shiny and healthy.
Now, with my new hair regimen, I don't need to use a flat iron anymore. My hair looks better than ever, while I seriously spend less than ever on it. It even grows faster now!
I have fine hair, but I have a lot of it. It's long, a few cm over my bra strap.
New regimen:
I use a shampoo and conditioner without silicones in it, sometimes also sulfate free, or otherwise with just Sodium Laureth Sulfate. When I get out of the shower I use only one treatment: extra virgin olive oil or argan oil (100%, not some type of serum with these ingredients in it). I apply some to damp hair (not at the roots!), and sometimes a little more when it's dry. I also use a bit of mousse at the roots to give my hair a little liftt. DONE! Shiney, bouncy hair, with volume.
-----
Ok, bla bla bla, on to this conditoner:
PROS:
- No silicones
- Very moisturizing, definitely helped me get through this winter.
- Nice smell, I find. It lingers for about a day.
- I use it to create home made hair masks. Just add an avocado and some olive oil and let it soak in for as long as you like! Perfect for the dry winter months.
- The price.
-----
CONS:
- For me there are no cons really, but I think this conditioner may be a little too heavy/moisturizing for those with very fine/limp/non-dry hair. It's definitely best suited for those looking for a moisturizing conditioner, not a volumizing one. Though - because of the lack of silicones - it doesn't weigh my hair down.
- In Europe, the bottle is pretty tiny.
- Don't buy the matching shampoo - it has silicones in it and made my hair lie flat.
-------
This is seriously the best conditioner I have tried so far - including all the expensive ones. One of the few drugstore conditioners without silicones. But be careful of the shampoo, which does have silicones.