July 25, 2014 | 1936 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sunpun

I'm having mixed feelings about this product:
On one hand, I think it broke me out, as it had been a long time since I last had pimples (I get one every once in a while, but not two or three big ones at the same time), and this made my chin break out. It is true that it is not the only product I have started using this week, so I will update this if I see that this wasn't the problem. Another drawback is that it doen't moisturize at all, contrary to what you'd think by its name. It has a yellow undertone, which sometimes is a little bit annoying, but as I have fair skin, I can get away with it most of the time.
On the other hand, it gives the exact amount of coverage: really light, but can be built up a little bit if needed, which is perfect to give a quick and natural look.
I can not give a definitive opinion, as it is the first tinted moisturizer I have tried, but I think I will try another brand next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Shanchanel22

Love this product I have it in Deep Dark/ Dark Plus....Coverage isn't crazy, but it is amazing. I was always afraid of having too much coverage, and since I don't have much to had blemish wise it was a good option. I have dry skin, but I make sure to moisturize before, and the moisture in the tint works for me as well. I have gotten many compliments including when I visit the Mac counter. It looks like I'm wearing a little something, but not enough to think I have a face full of makeup on. It has enhanced my look for the better. In love <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got a sample of this yesterday at Nordies and fell back in love with this again! I used to love it but then I would get all flaky with it (I wasn't properly moisturized at the time) and blamed it on studio moisture tint.

I really like this. I use it and only built to light coverage and suprisingly when you build it up it doesn't cake! I have near perfects skin and this gives me a "fresh" look to my skin if that makes sence? I want to see how this looks mixed with strobe cream for a glowy look since on its own its a matte ish finish. HG def rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by crosie98

I have combination skin with moderate acne, and lately have been bouncing from product to product to try to get that flawless, all over airbrushed look. One of my friends recommended this for me, and at first I was skeptical because all of the tinted moisturizers I've tried, but when I tried this I was HOOKED! I bought it in Medium, and it matches perfectly to my skin. It doesn't feel heavy, even if I put a whole bunch on for special occasions. It moisturizes my face so I don't have dry spots, but doesn't break me out or make my face oilier. It evens out my skin tone and gives me a gorgeous, natural look. To apply it, I take a pea sized amount and use my fingers to rub it all over my face, then I squeeze some onto the back of my hand and take a stippling brush, dip it in and just dab all over my face until I get that flawless look. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fairly pale skin but the artist at the MAC store recommended the medium, and I'd say it matches fairly well. Everything makes me break-out but this product seems to react well with my skin. When I say everything makes me break out, I mean that I currently only put 4 products on my skin- scrub, baby wash to cleanse, MAC powder and this Moisture Tint. It provides just enough moisture for my combination skin. I find the coverage to be very good and really borders on foundation coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by besos89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I kinda dislike this tinted mois. very much first my face got an allergic reaction to it, second, it melted on my face :o what a horrible mix. but I only have a sample size. Who ever is considering purchasing this please!! get a sample from MAC before buying the product and tested out.. There are couple tinted moisturizer that I have left to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by shellzfoshizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this looking for something that would even out my skin tone. I have oily acne prone skin and like to keep my makeup to a minimal natural look so foundation was out of the question. I was hesitant to spend $30 and hesistant because the color selection was limited (light, medium, dark, deep dark, etc). I love it and will repurchase again. It does exactly what it does. I still use my regular moisturizer. I have used this product with and without primer and works both ways. It does have that "makeup" smell to it. If Im going out or feeling really cute Ill set it with MAC loose powder. The MU artist applied this with one of those triangle makeup sponges so the product absorbs in the sponge, which I think causes me to use more but it goes on better and smoother than a brush andI dont like to use my fingers to apply makeup. Ive had it for a week and dont have any breakouts. Being that I have oily skin, after a few hours it doesnt look like sludge on my face or oxidize. Im happy :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by cuyugang0322

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am normally an NC30-35 in MAC during these winter months. For the holidays I visit my family in Illinois (I live in Texas). So we are talking about humid Texas that is 70 degrees, then flying into the dry 20 degree weather of the windy city. So normally I can rock the Pro Long wear in Texas, but my skin was not havin that in Illinois. After consulting the Mac rep, he highly recommended the studio moisture tint for me. I was so surprised, because I always thought that I needed heavier coverage. But after he stippled medium dark studio moisture tint onto my skin, I couldn't believe how naturally smooth and hydrated my skin looked. I have oily skin normally but the climate change made my skin flake when I wear the very mat pro long wear. He didn't set the moisture tint, and the product didn't budge throughout the day (8 hours). I have worn this product only twice as I've only bought it two days ago. I will update if I have any negative side effects on my acne prone skin from using this regularly. I'm here in Illinois for two weeks, and plan on using this everyday. It's so easy to apply (I stipple the product on with a MAC 187 duo fiber brush). However, I most likely will only use this product during the winter months of Illinois. I doubt this product will suit my skin when I return to humid Texas, even in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stopped wearing makeup for about 2-3 years and decided in the last few months to start back up but didn't want to pile on a lot of it. I purchased this for 30 bucks, which isn't bad considering the quality and that it lasts for (2) years after its opened. I use a small amount mixed with NARs orgasm to give my skin light coverage and a bit of luminosity. I love the tube as opposed to the glass bottle that their foundations come in; I never could get all the foundation out so it was a waste of money. With the tube I have more control over how much I use and I know I can squeeze out the last bits when the tube is low.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a combo-oily/normal NC 40 with strong yellow undertones; the medium shade is just perfect.

I love this stuff. I don't need or like a lot of coverage, so it works out really well for me. I squeeze out a nickel's worth on the back of my hand, dab that onto my forehead, chin, neck, around my nose, cheeks, then blend it out with a small duo-fibre brush. I usually set it with a light dusting of some blot powder, put on with a fresh sponge wedge. I put on concealer between the tint and the powder if the under eyes need attention.

I have to wear primer under this in the summer (when my oilies are in full force and I'm wearing a hard core sunscreen underneath) to make it last.

Will probably buy again. I haven't found another TM that has the texture and the shade that works for me. Sure, it could be better / more long lasting, but yeah, it's good enough for me as is.