Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 9/21/2011 12:58:00 PM

I love love this concealer! Texture is perfect for under eye circles. Doesn't settle into lines nor gives a cakey look. Looks totally natural n doesn't look whitish in photos. Can wear it alone without foundation. I hate the packaging. Wonder why they invented it that way since its not convenient at all. Product hardens at the top of the tube and will end up as wastage as we gotta squeeze it out for the concealer to come out.

on 9/17/2011 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pro: Absolutely fantastic concealer.

Con: The applicator is so bad that it far outweighs the fabulousness of the concealer. I had it applied at Sephora, and the SA used a brush. I didn't see the applicator, and she (understandably) didn't tell me about it. I got it home, cracked it open the next day, and stared at a clear silicone flipper-thing that reminded me of a platypus. Figured out how to work it--or so I thought--and ended up with a TON of expensive concealer all over my hands. It's extremely hard to see the concealer as it comes out of the tip! Tried it the next day, and got pretty much the same result. It went back to Sephora this afternoon. Too bad, because it worked really well.

on 9/16/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A M A Z I N G concealer. I swear. I bought it in the shade 355, which is a PERFECT match for my skintone. For shade reference, I wear Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation in 5.5 Warm Honey, which matches me pretty well. MAC's NC45 is a little too orange for me. If i would shade-match myself, i'd probably be NC44. If this concealer (in this exact shade) were to come in a full-size foundation bottle, that would be a dream come true!

Texture: Goes on like a dream. Smooth, super-blendable, melts into your skin and blurs out any pores or fine lines you have, doesnt crease that much in the under-eye area.

Coverage: This isnt a full coverage concealer. I would say medium. If you're looking to cover scars, this is not for you.

Photography: Takes AMAZING photos due to its light-reflecting, blurring properties. Photoshopping is not needed at all, i SWEAR. It is truly HD. The particles are so fine, like i said, it melts into your skin.

Lasting power: I don't set it, i prefer the dewy finish. Lasts me a few hours. If you set it, it would probably last you more.

Packaging: Eurgh. ENough said. The rubber tip thing clogs like a sewer. I waste SO MUCH product trying to de-clog it. And you don't get much product in the first place. The amount you get in the container is really really teeny. I used it up in a month.

Price: SUPER EXPENSIVE. I bought it here in Sephora Singapore for a ridiculous amount of S$52. Yes. Thats US$43. Ridiculously jacked up. Pfft. But i bought it coz the product, is at the top of its game. There is NOTHING like this out there in the market.

If this comes in a foundation form with the same product and shade, it would be my HG foundation. I'll sing to the heavens. If you are NC44, give this a go. You might just fall in love with this =)

EDIT: I've gotten lighter - NC43 now, and shade 345 matches me better, although its a tad bit lighter initially, it oxidises to a really nice shade. It does crease if you apply too much and don't set it i've realised. When i had the 355, it didn't crease as much. Maybe the formulation has changed. But i still love the colour.

on 9/9/2011 10:14:00 AM

Overview:
For me, this concealer is better than average. If I could give it a 3.5, I woudl. It has good coverage, it does not break me out, it lasts a whole business day, and I like how it's quite hygenic (pen dispenser). There are some negatives though. The price is ridiculous for the amount you get and the shades are disappointing considering how many they have for their HD foundations.

My Skin:
I'm combination-oily with a bit of acne. I did have a few years of being acne free but that's long gone. I do react badly to chemical sunscreen and my skin is prone to break-outs to certain ingredients. I can guess you can say my skin is sensitive!

I'm a NC25, Shu 774 (winter) or 764 (summer), and Shiseido O20. I have golden undertones so most brands do not match me. They're either too pink or too peachy.

Product Characteristics (Colour or Textures):
For me, there was only one shade that would work for my skintone. 330 is the only light true golden undertone concealer. 315 is a light peachy undertone instead of golden so this may work for someone who has light-medium dark undereyes. 325 is incredibly peachy and I can't see anyone using this for the face (it really is peachy). And anything darker than 330 is a HUGE 2 to 3 tones darker.

The dispenser is unique because it has a clear flexible rubber tip. I have never used this rubber tip for anything other than transfer the concealer to my fingertips or a concealer brush. It's a bit pointless to me.

As for the texture, it's a creamy thick fluid that does tap easily into the skin. If I'm having a good week, I can use this medium coverage concealer all over the face and the undereyes. This concealer does not do much for the undereyes if they're very dark. It isn't a full coverage concealer. A positive is that it's not overly drying so it can work for under eyes provided you do not cake it on. When caked on, it's just a mess. It looks horrible (obviously).

Results:
This doesn't cover super red spots, discolourations, or dark undereyes. It's a good all around concealer for minor issues. It photographs ok and it is fairly easy to apply. It does look natural and does not break me out.

Cost:
I almost feel like it's a rip-off because you get a tiny tiny amount for the costs.

Why I Like it:
It's a super convenient packaging to bring with me to the office if I have to go out at night afterwards. It's a solid concealer for minor issues. It's easy to pat on and look natural. I've had no break outs and it doesn't crease on me.

Why I don't like it:
Expensive and limited colours for Asian skintones. It's not full coverage so I wouldn't recommend it for covering dark discolourations, undereyes, or breakouts.

Would I buy it again?
It wouldn't be my first repurchase if all my concealers were to finish up. I may consider it.

on 8/20/2011 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I agree with people saying that it isn't worth the money. Just a basic concealer. I do think that it does a great job concealing stuff ( acne + undereye darkness...), and this is one of few concelers that dosn't make me break out in cystic acne. I does look quite natural on the skin, not heavy or caky looking and a litle goes a very long way.
The biggest problem that I have with this is the color. I got it in 340 (for light skin with beige undertones) but on my light-medium skin it looks yellow orange, and it is a pain to get it to look good. For acne it is ok, the yellow helps to neutralize the redness, but if i put on to much I have a yellow breakout insed of an red. If I use it under my eyes I get yellow rakooneyes, and thats not hot....

on 8/19/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Like the product as it goes on well and blends easily. Feels lightweight and has not irritated my sensitive skin. Hate the packaging! The wand up pen takes forever for the product to come up. Pretty pricey for the amount of product you will actually be able to get out of the pen. The silicone applicator is okay but nothing great cause I still have to use my fingers to blend. I would reconsider buying if they change the packaging because the formula is good.

on 7/13/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

USES: ONLY FOR UNDER EYES. Itís slightly moisturizing, and doesnít leave a cakey effect like most concealers do. Medium coverage, but itís buildable. I feel pot concealers are better for acne scars IMO, so use this for eye area only.
PRICE: Pretty damn expensive for the amount you get
PACKAGING: Makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Thinking about cutting off the silicone tip.
FINAL NOTE: I would re-buy it for my dark circles which is my main skin problem. Not a good overall concealer though.

on 6/28/2011 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's for sheer coverage! if u have very very dark eye circle like me, I do not recommend this.

on 6/18/2011 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Not worth the money! My revlon under eye concealer conceals just as much, and doesn't crease.

I do, however, love the wide range of colors. But the product was dry under my eye and even when I wore a primer it would crease terribly. I would need to layer it on for any concealing to be done, but then it just got cakey.

Maybe this is good at concealing other flaws, but under eye circles are NOT one of them.

Also, I hate the click pen applicators. You don't know how much is left in there since its black, and it doesn't dispense an even amount of product.

on 6/18/2011 12:51:00 AM

I really like the majority of MUFE products, but this was one that I particularly didn't like. The color I have is 330- a light olive beige, it looks really nice on, but after an hour or two it really doesn't conceal much. The color and staying power tended to fade on me. I think the packaging could use some improvement. It is a black pen with a silicone tip. You will never know how much is left, and one twist of the pen, no product comes out- yet two twists a wave of product comes out, more than anyone needs. I think it is expensive for the amount of product, it doesn't cover that well, and you don't know how much product is actually in the pen. I won't be repurchasing this.