MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 11/8/2011 3:14:00 PM

This is without a doubt, my favorite lipstick ever! It's nice and sheer, almost a no-show color, but the tinest touch of nude pink. It's what I've been looking for FOREVER! It's so subtley pretty.

on 11/7/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Totally a MLBB shade for me. It doesn't show up as a nude color but gives my lips kind of a pinkish shine (I have decently pigmented lips). It's getting a higher score mainly because of the color - the staying power isn't as great as my other MAC lipsticks and it does seem to come off after a few hours.
I do love the smell of all the MAC lip products, so that's a plus.

on 10/27/2011 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It does nothing for me. Looks like I've used a just a tinted lip balm, the colour doesn't show up at all since it's reaaaally sheer and lasting power is close to zero. Girls with pigmented lips, don't bother with this one.
I gave it a three because it doesn't accentuate the lines on my lips and feels moisturising.
I use it like a lip balm, for the days that I want something not obvious on my lips.
Oh, and I read that this is considered similar to Estee Lauder Crystal Baby. Well, on me it isn't! Crystal Baby is more pinkish and provides better coverage.

on 10/27/2011 7:22:00 AM

I'm NC25. This Hug me lippie is my HG!!!
I love the color so much, I would repurchase this lipstick again!!

on 10/26/2011 3:10:00 PM

A glistening, pink-beige nude, which should appeal as a daytime shade across differently toned complexions. Uber moist, lightweight texture. Mac liner in 'Spice' makes a perfect partner.

on 10/25/2011 9:54:00 PM

I really like the color, it is a really neutral color, for everyday use or a night out, when paired with heavier eyes. Good texture too.
The problem is that it doesn't last on my lips. I have to apply it every 2 or 3 hours! I won't buy it again because of the lasting power, but I will continue using it until it ends because I really like the color. I will try to find a match with a better staying power.

I cannot understand the hype.This an ok everyday lipstick with a subtle color for everyday wear. But sometimes the color shows up a bit too greasy brown for me.The texture is nothing special either. Itīs creamy but the lustre is compareable with any cheap lipbalm. My advise is to go for the more sophisticated alternative Chanel Rouge Coco Secret instead!

on 10/24/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is one of the few I just cannot stand. I think it's very similar to Mac's Cherish in the sense that both are too brown for me. The color is described as a "flesh pink" and while I do kind of agree I think it's more mauve leaning brown. In my opinion it's a darker version of Blankety, which is my most favorite lipstick Mac makes. It does go on smoothly and does not dry out my lips but I obviously would not buy this again due to the color. But I love the scent, formulation and packaging.

on 10/15/2011 6:14:00 PM

Hands down, my favorite MAC lipstick I've ever owned. MLBB product for me (NC25, pigmented lips). No sparkles, but amazing shine. It's sort a strange mixture of pinky, mauve, brown and gray in the tube... but once it goes on, WOW! Natural looking, no fuss, and just plain pretty. I love that this lipstick is so low maintenance, too: no liner, gloss or brushes required to make it look good. It's seriously a swipe and go kinda product. Would defintely recommend and definitely repurchase.

on 10/1/2011 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my current favorite MLBB lipstick that truly goes with almost every FOTD. (My absolute favorite MLBB is still Bare Slimshine but I have yet to find an adequate replacement. This lipstick is almost the exact same color as my lips but adds that extra something that just completes my makeup look. I love it for everyday or to balance out a smokey eye without looking washed out. It has a semi-sheer "lustre" finish that is buildable. There is no shimmer/sparkles, but I love that the shine is subtle. It lasts about three hours on me since it is sheer/shiny. For reference I am NC25-30 asian with medium pigmented lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin