MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 10/26/2011 3:10:00 PM

A glistening, pink-beige nude, which should appeal as a daytime shade across differently toned complexions. Uber moist, lightweight texture. Mac liner in 'Spice' makes a perfect partner.

on 10/25/2011 9:54:00 PM

I really like the color, it is a really neutral color, for everyday use or a night out, when paired with heavier eyes. Good texture too.
The problem is that it doesn't last on my lips. I have to apply it every 2 or 3 hours! I won't buy it again because of the lasting power, but I will continue using it until it ends because I really like the color. I will try to find a match with a better staying power.

I cannot understand the hype.This an ok everyday lipstick with a subtle color for everyday wear. But sometimes the color shows up a bit too greasy brown for me.The texture is nothing special either. Itīs creamy but the lustre is compareable with any cheap lipbalm. My advise is to go for the more sophisticated alternative Chanel Rouge Coco Secret instead!

on 10/24/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is one of the few I just cannot stand. I think it's very similar to Mac's Cherish in the sense that both are too brown for me. The color is described as a "flesh pink" and while I do kind of agree I think it's more mauve leaning brown. In my opinion it's a darker version of Blankety, which is my most favorite lipstick Mac makes. It does go on smoothly and does not dry out my lips but I obviously would not buy this again due to the color. But I love the scent, formulation and packaging.

on 10/15/2011 6:14:00 PM

Hands down, my favorite MAC lipstick I've ever owned. MLBB product for me (NC25, pigmented lips). No sparkles, but amazing shine. It's sort a strange mixture of pinky, mauve, brown and gray in the tube... but once it goes on, WOW! Natural looking, no fuss, and just plain pretty. I love that this lipstick is so low maintenance, too: no liner, gloss or brushes required to make it look good. It's seriously a swipe and go kinda product. Would defintely recommend and definitely repurchase.

on 10/1/2011 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my current favorite MLBB lipstick that truly goes with almost every FOTD. (My absolute favorite MLBB is still Bare Slimshine but I have yet to find an adequate replacement. This lipstick is almost the exact same color as my lips but adds that extra something that just completes my makeup look. I love it for everyday or to balance out a smokey eye without looking washed out. It has a semi-sheer "lustre" finish that is buildable. There is no shimmer/sparkles, but I love that the shine is subtle. It lasts about three hours on me since it is sheer/shiny. For reference I am NC25-30 asian with medium pigmented lips.

on 9/25/2011 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My lips but better.. I prefer this for a natural look over nudes

I love this lipstick it looks very natural on. I think this is 1 of the reason why it's so popular. The color goes very well with just everyday wear or for work.

on 8/8/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I went to the MAC counter in search of a nude/mutedpink/mauve. I love buying shades that I would wear everyday at MAC as I would get the most use for my money. The girl there swatched some and instantly we both knew this was the one. When i got to the car and put it on, it looked like it was washing me out and too muted. I was relentless. I knew it had to work. I was just probably too greasy and sun burnt that day.

Since then, only love. It is so beautiful. Hug Me is a beige/pink creamy l/s. It is such the perfect nude for my lips. I dont need a lip liner or lip gloss. Straight from the tube and I'm gone. It doesnt not wash me out after all and is great for everyday. Its is buildable and not the most long wearing as it is moisturing. Worth the money.

LOVE this, perfect for a nude lips, looks like my own lips but prettier.
I have quite strong pink lips although my skin's quite fair and this just matches perfectly.
Also lustre is my favourite Mac's formula, so flattering and does not sit on the wrinkles of the lips.

Popular Lipsticks