August 28, 2014 | 1137 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by AngelaLK

This is the greatest palette. It's PERFECT. You'll obviously need to have your own brush for it. The colors are perfect, go on perfect, and blend perfect.

You can make a brown-toned smokey eye and a traditional smokey eye, perfect for day and night. These are my go-to eye looks, and it's great to have them all in one place as opposed to individual eyshadows. it's wonderful.

The dark brown shade is perfect for filling in my eyebrows, so that's another plus!

I will definitely buy this product again and highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

the package is smaller than I thought but I don't mind since it more convenient to be carried. the pigmentation isn't that bad, moreover if you prime your eyes first, but I agree that some colors look very similar in the eyelid, but okay for me because I just wanna a simple neutral palette. But I won't buy again because I rare wear eyeshadow and it will last forever :D

Edit 01/10/12:
I ended up liking this palette so much!! Really versatile and I never failed create any look with this palette. I agree that the pigmentations are sheer but it's buildable, so you can create smokey look. Besides, now I can tell that the colors isn't that similar. I almost hit pan on the champagne color on the first row..sure will repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to love this palette, but so many of the shades seem the same and the color payoff just isn't there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Most flattering palette of natural shades I have seen in a long time, a great mix of taupes, beiges, bronzes pinks and blacks - something here for day to night and incredibly flattering. Only the pale pink is particularly frosty/sparkly the rest would suit women of all agese. The black is one of the best shadows I have ever come across - it is better pigmented than MAC carbon and has a lovely slightly pearlescent finish. Everyone should own this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jod84

it's a nice palette much smaller then i thought it would be but you do get decent sized shadows. it's light weight very slim and as a mirror that really comes in handy but the problem i have with this palette is some of the lighter colours lack pigment other then that the shadows do have fairly good staying power. i think this would be great for young girls who are just starting to use makeup but i honestly won't buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeshadow! I'm planning on wearing this everyday for high school. It doesn't even need a base or primer for it to be vibrant, but it does help. I'm planning on just wearing a wash of 7 of the colors daily (From right to left, top then down, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9). The other 3 shadows arn't to be left out though! The white, chocolate brown, and matte black are all wonderful as well, for a smokey look I guess. Since I'm not into smokey much, I'll find another way to use it. But besides that, excellent value, excellent shadows, excellent neutral palette. Deserves a FULL 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jdsmom247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my first makeup palettes from the NYX brand. The colors are nicely pigmented & are very smooth when applied for easy blending. All the colors except the White shade are a velvety- smooth texture, the white comes off a bit dry & chalky in my opinion. I like how the packaging case comes with a fairly large compact mirror as well. Lovely palette for an everyday warm neutral look or for the night for a smoldering smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I just got this last night at Ulta,and it is gorgeous.It is definitively more cool toned than the natural eye kit from too faced but i kind of prefer it!It gives smokey eyes more a sultry dark look.Used it for work today,lots of compliments!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sorry guys, but this didn't cut it for me. I am not a highend makeup snob. I really want to love NYX makeup, they seem like a MAC dupe to me, at a much more reasonable price. But I just can't. This one is a nude palette, in fact, it reminds me of Too Faced Naked, not colour wise, but the style of the palette. The 10 shades were bland. The similar colours were too similar, and the variation of the neutrals are lacking. The mixture of the cool and the warm were not well balanced, and the pigmentation is not all that great, the matte colours were a little chalky. But, I did actually love the shimmery shades in this palette, they had a creamy texture that I really love, and no shimmer was over the top. The Bohemian Rapsody palette also contains many shimmery colours much more sparklier than these, and the shimmer was out of control, the colours were nice but drug-store makeup needs to improve their shimmery shadows. I would say make this your starter makeup kit, then it would be very very nice, price is reasonable and you get many wearable shades. But if you already got spoiled by better shadows and you are happy with what you're using currently, then definitely skip these. Don't buy into the hype like I did. Overall, average product, but very nice for the price.