NYX 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

The colors in the palette look so nice but once on four of the shimmer colors look the same, that was disappointing. The dark brown and black I like, I use those for my outer corner. I probably use only 3 shadows out of the palette I don't think it was worth it.

on 7/17/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Got this in a swap some time ago. I don't know if the texture is really that horrible or the person who owned it before me did something to it, but the shades in this palette was just crumbly and chalky and ashy looking on my skin tone. I am about a NW45/NW47/NW50 and it looks just horrible. Even when I improved my eyeshadow application, it still looks horrible. I cannot recommend this for someone similar to my skintone.

on 7/17/2011 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

on 7/13/2011 5:37:00 PM

This is the greatest palette. It's PERFECT. You'll obviously need to have your own brush for it. The colors are perfect, go on perfect, and blend perfect.

You can make a brown-toned smokey eye and a traditional smokey eye, perfect for day and night. These are my go-to eye looks, and it's great to have them all in one place as opposed to individual eyshadows. it's wonderful.

The dark brown shade is perfect for filling in my eyebrows, so that's another plus!

I will definitely buy this product again and highly recommend it to everyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

the package is smaller than I thought but I don't mind since it more convenient to be carried. the pigmentation isn't that bad, moreover if you prime your eyes first, but I agree that some colors look very similar in the eyelid, but okay for me because I just wanna a simple neutral palette. But I won't buy again because I rare wear eyeshadow and it will last forever :D

Edit 01/10/12:
I ended up liking this palette so much!! Really versatile and I never failed create any look with this palette. I agree that the pigmentations are sheer but it's buildable, so you can create smokey look. Besides, now I can tell that the colors isn't that similar. I almost hit pan on the champagne color on the first row..sure will repurchase :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really, really wanted to love this palette, but so many of the shades seem the same and the color payoff just isn't there.

on 7/7/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Most flattering palette of natural shades I have seen in a long time, a great mix of taupes, beiges, bronzes pinks and blacks - something here for day to night and incredibly flattering. Only the pale pink is particularly frosty/sparkly the rest would suit women of all agese. The black is one of the best shadows I have ever come across - it is better pigmented than MAC carbon and has a lovely slightly pearlescent finish. Everyone should own this.

on 7/5/2011 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

it's a nice palette much smaller then i thought it would be but you do get decent sized shadows. it's light weight very slim and as a mirror that really comes in handy but the problem i have with this palette is some of the lighter colours lack pigment other then that the shadows do have fairly good staying power. i think this would be great for young girls who are just starting to use makeup but i honestly won't buy again

on 6/22/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyeshadow! I'm planning on wearing this everyday for high school. It doesn't even need a base or primer for it to be vibrant, but it does help. I'm planning on just wearing a wash of 7 of the colors daily (From right to left, top then down, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9). The other 3 shadows arn't to be left out though! The white, chocolate brown, and matte black are all wonderful as well, for a smokey look I guess. Since I'm not into smokey much, I'll find another way to use it. But besides that, excellent value, excellent shadows, excellent neutral palette. Deserves a FULL 5/5.

on 6/22/2011 9:05:00 PM