April 18, 2014 | 2002 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Goliath1357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the HCG diet and I was looking for a oil-free foundation to use since you can't use anything with oil on your skin while on the diet. I decided to try this foundation after many HCG sites recommended it and I was quite disappointed. I like my foundation to be medium to full coverage to cover some redness and other minor imperfections. Sadly this product performed as well as a foundation as a translucent setting powder would. It covered nothing and no matter how I applied it or what primer I used it gave almost zero coverage. This is just a really expensive setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Mercyv

I have been using this for years. I feel like my skin has changed and gotten drier over the past few years. I tried benefits compact powder foundation and got the shishedo foundation brush to go with it. Benefits didn't work so I returned it. I was left with the brush and my left over bare minerals matte foundation. I tried the foundation with the brush and that changed everything. I think the brush really makes a difference. My face looks creamy like I'm using a liquid foundation. The coverage is unbelievable. The brush really makes a difference. I'm back to using bare minerals with the shishedo foundation brush. I get comments all the time now about how nice and flawless my make up looks. People ask if I changed my makeup and my answer is no, it's the makeup brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by juculin

This is an amazing product, my only real issue with this is the packaging, which is typical for mineral loose products but be careful because you can easily waste product just from opening the lid (powder flies everywhere). Asides from this, great powder/foundation. I use this as a setting powder over foundation on fuller coverage days and over concealer on casual days. It has decent coverage but not so much that it looks cakey over foundation. You really get a powder foundation and setting powder all in one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the original in Fairly Light and really like it, although it's a little shiny for me. I caught the sun a bit on my face and wanted to try the matte option so bought it in Light.

I love this so much more than the original! I covers much much better, doesn't accentuate my pores and although it melts of my greasy bits, it's less obvious. It also goes on much much better than the original.

The colour is great - Fairly Light is still ok, but Light has a more golden undertone so looks a bit more healthy.

I love it. It's quick and easy, looks fabulous (I got loads of compliments the day after a hideous migraine which was nice!) and is pretty good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by TorieButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been trying out this product for a few weeks now and I just can't go without writing a review any longer. I absolutely love this foundation. My skin is oily, sensitive, and acne-prone; meaning I need to take care of my skin by keeping my problems at bay. This controls my oiliness, doesn't irritate my skin, or make me break out! That's a winner in my book. I'm also able to cover up any pimples, acne scars, or under eye darkness I may have. It works as a pretty decent concealer, I must admit. I've had several compliments on my skin after I started using this, as well. I will definitely repurchase this and recommend it to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I'm now a believer. I am a light tan, neutral C4/NC30 Asian gal with combo skin and purchased in two shades since I wasn't an exact match: Medium Tan and Light. I mix 50/50 and use my Sephora Airbrush #55 all over and a small dome eyeshadow brush to build up on redness. Oh my is this formula amazing! It covers any redness when I build it, looks natural and soft, and i have yet to get greasy. I'm talking after 12 hours in NYC in the summertime! It does NOT grease up! I The makeup fades, sure, but not greasy. Feels great on the skin, never too heavy. The BM packaging is totally a pain, but if I remember to lock it, it doesn't spill in my bag. I top with Warmth, whatever blush I want, and dust the Mineral Veil and I am set. I tried the Original 2 years ago and returned. Too shiny, made my skin itch a little, not a great color match. The matte is IT for me. I love it! I am so happy I finally understand the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favourite foundation tried so many liquids and powders drugstore and high end and I always end up repurchasing this one. My skin is very oily again after going through a very dry patch after using skin care that was too strong, I found this too drying during that time, but now my skin is back to normal I pretty much apply this every day, I first of all use my creamy mac studio concealer to conceal any flaws and then buff 2 layers of this into my skin (my primer is the amazing rimmel 002!), then I finish with BM ready mineral veil and I have a flawless complexion!. I do find that the matte shades run a bit darker so I use fair instead of fairly medium which I use in the original. I do find myself having to blot shine by lunchtime with my ready veil but I am very oily so expect to. It doesn't sink into my pores but I think having a good primer is a huge help!. Definitely recommended for the Oilier skin type but when I was very dry this just made it feel even drier even with alot of moisturiser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Morgancupcake99

This was the first bare minerals product I've ever bought. In their stores, the service is horrible... I had to go back twice because they kept matching my color way too dark. I think this is the last bare minerals product I will ever buy because I didnt like the foundation at all. It made my skin look disgusting and really oily

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by klz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being oily, and not wanting to wear a liquid foundation in the summer this product is great! I get great coverage without looking cakey or needing to reapply. It also feels like I have nothing on my skin, I just buff this into my skin and use the warmth over it and im ready to go.
P.S My personal opinion the matte foundation colors tend to run darker then the original, I tried original in fairly light and the color was fine, but in the matte it was wayyy to dark for me, I actually use the fair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by debbielj

I wanted to like it. I originally bought the original formula, but both powders enlarge pores and fine lines. it ages you. you look a lot older than you really are. I want to like it but i could not. I returned it for my money