November 26, 2014 | 1573 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by pollybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It's expensive, especially as I have no income at the moment, but it really works. I've bitten my nails for over ten years, and I also have a habit of peeling my nail polish rather than removing it properly, yet I have noticed that my nails are stronger and don't peel as often as they did before I started using this product around a month ago.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did not like my nails. It gave me peeling and more yellowing issues. Just...did not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by ecmeikle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me at all! I'm not sure that it worsened my fingernails, but it did nothing at all to improve their condition. All it did was dry on a kind of yellow colour and tinge them slightly. I applied this as directed for a few months with no results, and then thought I would just try to use it as a base and top coat. Still nothing. Nails remained extremely slow-growing, bendy and flaky. Glad I managed to get this for a cheaper price because I would be pretty grumps if I had paid the full RRP for it.

Note - I have also tried Nail Envy sensitive, with the same lack of results.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so I have been using this religiously as instructions say for almost 2 weeks now, I have been growing my nails out and was looking for something to keep them strong and keep from bending or breaking. My nails still feel the same as always...thin and easily bendable :( disappointing for sure. Or maybe I need to try a different formula?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Xusha2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It makes my nail really really strong and they have stopped ripping and chipping. I also use this as a base coat for when I can't be bothered to go through the whole routine of adding a coat every other week.
I have heard it makes your nails yellow but I haven't had that yet, but I will add to this review if I do.
I listed it as not expensive because I know you can get it off places like Amazon and eBay for about £9 which is a great investment as it doubles as a base coat too.
It comes with a really nice wide brush which is super comfy to use and it dries within a minute or two, for me anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what gave me nails I'd never dreamt of having. I had bitten my nails for over 20 years and to be honest I didn't care what state they were in until my now husband proposed nearly 2 years ago. Then I panicked lol I decided to tune into an Opi show on qvcuk (never watched or ever been interested before) and this was billed as a nail life saver! So of course I ordered it along with the Avoplex oil for my ragged cuticles. I followed the instructions and battled through the urge to bite them and came out the other end a few weeks later with strong smooth healthy looking nails with no urge to bite at all, and massaging in cuticle oil day and night had rid the ragged bits I actually became really proud of them and started investing in opi lacquers which I love! They are lovely nd long now and I haven clip and file them down now. If you can get one please get the Leighton Denny crystal nail file it keeps the edges smooth and water tight I wouldn't use anything else. And please get nail envy mine were in a bad way wish I had a pic of them before. Highly highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by apaolone04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just purchased this product a week ago and I'm so happy i got it I'm in love! Before using opi nail envy i used Orly strengthening and repairing something like that and it seriously did nothing.. So i read alot of reviews about this and it seemed good but also kinda expensive so i got it off Amazon for $5 which is an awesome deal. I've used it 3 times already (I'm an excessive nail painter) and my nails are really strong I'm impressed, before my nails used to bend alot ..if you know what i mean? And I've been trying to grow them out but it was impossible because they kept breaking, now omg i can push down in my nail and it won't even bend, underneath my nail will hurt because it won't budge haha. But i definitely recommend this to anyone who wants stronger nails and especially to anyone who wants to grow their nails out and is having difficulty

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

for what it's worth, this works. my nails have never been this long for this long, weeks of strength. i am impressed! will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by suzyjessy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have mixed feeling about this….
PROs
-Does what it says, strengthens nails after several days/weeks of using
-Used as a base and top coat it makes your manicure last (if let dried properly)
-Leaves a shiny (not glossy) finish

CONs
-Takes LONG to dry
-Used as a base makes some polishes streak on first application
-If used on top of nail art it streaks it REALLY BAD. (I only use on top of solid color)

I do and will repurchase this product because it is good, but unfortunately I have to be careful on how and when I use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sjpetersen1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did not work for me. I have thin peeling nails that rip (not break) very easily and this product did not make much of a difference. Maybe slight. I tired nailtique formula II after and I'm already seeing a difference.