October 23, 2014 | 1193 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I changed mind about this gloss, although I do love it's texture a lot of the colors are waaaay too frosty. They should make more creamy colors with micro glitters instead of frost , ew !
I had to update my review , I will not be purchasingthis gloss any longer because it contains petro chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dempsj

I love this product. I've been using these glossimers for years. They wear really well and look good on everyone. The range of colours is also very flattering, and the packaging is super elegant. The problem is there are just so many to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by doagood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Glosssimer. It is such a great gloss! One of my favorites! It goes on and lasts for hours. The colors are highly pigmented! At 27 dollars this product is pricey. It lasts a while though. It's definitely worth the money! I was introduced to this by a friend and recently purchased some myself! I willl definitely be purchasing this again! I suggest NOT ordering this product online. The con about this is that each color looks different on lips. I tried it at the store. I tried the color, Seashell, and it just blended in my lips. Because i have a darker colored lip. So, i ended up going with Magnifique. It looks like a VERY bright color. On my lips it was perfect! There are so many shades though! BUt most lip glosses go on different everyones lips. The packaging is great. The applicator is a sponge wand. It works great! I recommend this product to everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I received two of these glosses as part of a gift with purchase. I am really glad I didn't buy a full size product. The colors are beautiful, but they don't last long. I found myself constantly reapplying. They also went on a bit sticky for my liking. The doe foot applicator was nice - I prefer it to brushes. There was no odd smell or taste, but I was just so disappointed that the color didn't last more than a couple of minutes. One drink or bite of food and it was gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ultradee

This was one of the best gifts ever. A trio of mini Glossimers in a cute black box with magnetic closure. Three slots for the glosses as well as a slide out mirror and I loved it!!!!! I rationed them.

Even the color I thought wouldn't be complimentary to me looked good. It was smooth, shimmery, flavorless, and just had an overall feel of glamour. Not sticky or gross. Perfect.

It isn't long lasting, but what gloss is? It's super fancy feeling to reapply it, and isn't that we love sometimes?

I strongly disagree that you could find a comparable drug store brand!!!!

I don't buy it because it is so expensive, but love getting it as a gift, and give it as a gift as well with great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautyFanatic

Glossimer #93 Paillettes is one of the best neutral colors of the glossimer line of lip gloss. It is not thick or lumpy when applied and goes on very smoothly. Everytime I wear it, i have people ask me what kind of lip gloss i have on. Def a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by babydollala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i pretty much am in love with my chanel glossimer :)
i have this in paillettes...its a nice soft pink with little shimmer specks. great for everyday but i need to stop wearing it everyday so i dont run out too quickly!!! once again...chanel packaging is great imo. its so classy and chic looking i feel extra girly whipping it out to reapply. that probably made absolutely no sense to anyone but w/e! i love it. everyone should have at least 1 nice high end gloss and this is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by airedale3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 4 glossimers. I love them. I love the way they feel--not at all sticky like some glosses. My favorite is Constellation because it is really sparkly. I have thin lips and this makes them look as good as possible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

i had a hard time deciding how to rate this as I feel that it is WAY to expensive for what it is, but they do have great colors and the packing is great of course (I mean, its Chanel so of course its great). The texture is good and there seems to be a slight plumping action (my lips tingle and feel numb for a few minutes after application). I like that there is no fake fruity scent (I HATE that). But again, 28 bucks for this? I think that is mostly just about the thrill of having Chanel makeup. I bought a revlon gloss from walgreens in a shade identical to one that I saw while at SAKS. it cost 4 bucks (BOGO sale) and is nearly identical in quality and color. (does have a bit of a scent and taste which is the only bummer. but its pretty subtle)

So I don't know if I would buy this again. I did see a color that I LOVED and wished I bought instead of the one I got (color 106 is what I ended up buying. red with shimmer) and might potentially go for it if my next pay check is beefy. but dang, 28 bucks for some gloss?? I don't know why I am so hung up on this. I buy over-priced stuff all the time!! oh well! you probably won't be dissapointed if you buy this! just poor! lol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I love Chanel glossimers. They're my HG lipglosses. The texture is thick but not sticky and it doesn't dry out my lips (a problem that I have with a lot of glosses). It's a whopping $31 Cdn (before taxes) but well worth it. It doesn't have any taste nor smell to it which is awesome! My two HG lipglosses and ultimate favorites are Praline (#46) and Wild Rose (#119). Both of them are in the nude category but Praline is more pigmented with no glitter/shimmer while Wild Rose has silver sparkles and has a touch of pink. LOVE THEM BOTH! Chanel please NEVER discontinue these EVER!