November 26, 2014 | 1708 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not very impressed by this product. The colors are not really pigmented and I feel I need to dig into the lid color to get anything on. The browbone color (the light beige) is chalky and basically useless.I have had better results with other drug store brands such as Wet n Wild (which is actually cheaper). I will use this for everyday looks but I will not repurchase.

EDIT: I have changed my feelings about this product and will give it a higher rating. I have since learned how to use it better. I prefer not to use the lid color and instead use MAC's Satin Taupe, but I use the other 3 colors. I notice I have been picking up this quad more than any other so I guess I do like it. I would repurchase it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kmitch137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great for a brown-based smoky eye. I suggest the "charcoal" one too if you want a black/grey smoky eye. Easy to apply...it even has smoky eye directions on the back to show you where each shade goes. If that isn't enough, they printed where the shades go on your eye RIGHT INTO the eye shadow itself. Pretty hard to mess up! I would recommend using a brush instead of the appliers it comes with though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a quad that works for all skin tones and all occasions. I use it for my everyday look, I'm NC35 and all the colours are great! They're pigmented, easy to work with, little to no fallout, and blend wonderfully well. It's cheap too, and most of the time you can find it somewhere on sale for even cheaper. I wouldn't recommend the little applicators it comes with though, because they're quite stiff and difficult to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really like this quad.Nevermind I love it I loooove the entire Stylish Smokes line from Maybelline but Natural Smokes is my absolute favorite because the colors are very wearable I am bi racial with tan like skin this quad looks so natural on me and I was suprised how pigmented the outer corner brown is really makes your eyes pop. I have since lost this quad and cant find one in this color and really miss it.I love this. Best drugstore shadow and great for beginners also.Don't drop this the plastic cover can break off

UPDATE I had to repurchase and I'm still in love with it. Taupe lovers will love this. I love this so much more then chi latte(to coppery)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by modmaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It looks like Maybelline has since changed the packaging on this by changing the color proportions sort of ridiculously. All in all I like this quad a lot. The highlight color definitely isn't as pigmented as the others, but at least it isn't full of shimmer. The standout for me is the outer corner color, a very dark matte brown, which is incredibly pigmented--perfect for use as a liner! That shade alone I think is worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed in this quad. The 3 dark colors are too close in intensity and it's hard to get any contrast from them. Making it worse is the fact they seem to have a purple undertone and every time I have used it, it looks like I have a black eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by MyUsername156

very nice quad! it has all the eyeshadow components for a neutral, wearable smokey eye. the colors all work together really nicely, however I do normally put a little bit of a gold shadow through the crease to warm it up or I tend to look a little washed out. the darkest color is very creamy and I love using it as a liner. I absolutely LOVE the colour of the silvery taupe, however it isn't as pigmented and can be a little crumbly. If I work with this shade for a little bit though, I love how it looks. I got this very cheap, about $8 on sale which is a total BARGAIN here in aus (our makeup prices are insane). I would definitely buy again, and I'm now also wanting to try out some more of the stylish smokes quads.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by amyvang08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product!!! It is a great drugstore buy and my go-to look if I don't have time. Pretty much my everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an okay palette. I have several Maybelline quads, and this isn't one of my favorites. It is great for a neutral smokey eye. My only complaint about this palette is the horrible taupe color. The color APPEARS to be pretty, but it lacks pigmentation. I have to literally dig my brush in this color to pick up any color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Kirsten821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice taupe brownish color that fits my skintone well, gives me a clean natural smoky eye look. I will not purchase it again because I have other alternatives to choose from some high end products. The quality of the powder is not as fine as the high end ones such as too faced, bobbi brown.