July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a quad that works for all skin tones and all occasions. I use it for my everyday look, I'm NC35 and all the colours are great! They're pigmented, easy to work with, little to no fallout, and blend wonderfully well. It's cheap too, and most of the time you can find it somewhere on sale for even cheaper. I wouldn't recommend the little applicators it comes with though, because they're quite stiff and difficult to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really like this quad.Nevermind I love it I loooove the entire Stylish Smokes line from Maybelline but Natural Smokes is my absolute favorite because the colors are very wearable I am bi racial with tan like skin this quad looks so natural on me and I was suprised how pigmented the outer corner brown is really makes your eyes pop. I have since lost this quad and cant find one in this color and really miss it.I love this. Best drugstore shadow and great for beginners also.Don't drop this the plastic cover can break off

UPDATE I had to repurchase and I'm still in love with it. Taupe lovers will love this. I love this so much more then chi latte(to coppery)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by modmaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It looks like Maybelline has since changed the packaging on this by changing the color proportions sort of ridiculously. All in all I like this quad a lot. The highlight color definitely isn't as pigmented as the others, but at least it isn't full of shimmer. The standout for me is the outer corner color, a very dark matte brown, which is incredibly pigmented--perfect for use as a liner! That shade alone I think is worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed in this quad. The 3 dark colors are too close in intensity and it's hard to get any contrast from them. Making it worse is the fact they seem to have a purple undertone and every time I have used it, it looks like I have a black eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by MyUsername156

very nice quad! it has all the eyeshadow components for a neutral, wearable smokey eye. the colors all work together really nicely, however I do normally put a little bit of a gold shadow through the crease to warm it up or I tend to look a little washed out. the darkest color is very creamy and I love using it as a liner. I absolutely LOVE the colour of the silvery taupe, however it isn't as pigmented and can be a little crumbly. If I work with this shade for a little bit though, I love how it looks. I got this very cheap, about $8 on sale which is a total BARGAIN here in aus (our makeup prices are insane). I would definitely buy again, and I'm now also wanting to try out some more of the stylish smokes quads.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by amyvang08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product!!! It is a great drugstore buy and my go-to look if I don't have time. Pretty much my everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an okay palette. I have several Maybelline quads, and this isn't one of my favorites. It is great for a neutral smokey eye. My only complaint about this palette is the horrible taupe color. The color APPEARS to be pretty, but it lacks pigmentation. I have to literally dig my brush in this color to pick up any color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Kirsten821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice taupe brownish color that fits my skintone well, gives me a clean natural smoky eye look. I will not purchase it again because I have other alternatives to choose from some high end products. The quality of the powder is not as fine as the high end ones such as too faced, bobbi brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by luvlydee

Last year I was new to makeup, but i wanted to look "pretty" on my boyfriends birthday so I went to cvs and got this since it came with instructions (lol) My boyfriend complimented me so much and ever since then i have been addicted to makeup.

Its hard to look a mess using these colors. The brow bone color is light for me but its so pigmented that it actually show up on my skin. I wanted to get mac's satin taupe but since some people are saying that the lid color is a dupe, id rather wait til it finishes before i go out and buy satin taupe.

I had the charcoal smokes one, which was pretty also but i gave it to my friend since i felt like i rarely used that one because the colors are so dark and i like wearing eyeshadows during the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to love this but it's just not doing it for me.
The colors in this quad don't really go with each other at all. If I'd use them I would have to use them separately. I think the problem with it is that it's a bit too cool for my skin tone. I much rather like maybelline's chai latte quad for a nice natural smokey eye.
The pigmentation in this quad isn't great. The chai latte quad is better so I dont know where they went wrong with this one.
I'd try it out though. It's not at all too expensive.