April 17, 2014 | 1394 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by OWLlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my LUSH favourites. Cleans great, I am using it two times a week before applying mask. Mask works better after DA. Absolutely recommended :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this did leave my skin feeling very smooth, it has not helped at all with my acne. I find this also leaves my skin grey from the charcoal, and I have to use another cleanser to remove that, just using toner did not help.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Dark Angels has made so much of a difference on my skin!
I bought it after hearing good reviews but I was dubious because I didn't know if a natural product could make an impact on my super oily and acne-prone face. This cleanser turned out to be exactly what I've needed all along.

I have sensitive skin and this product is very exfoliating so I use it lightly every morning and night. I waited a while to write this review, because prolonged use of the Liz Earle C&P twice a day caused me to come up in loads of rashy bumps! This hasn't irritated my face at all even with the frequent use. As I said, it's so coarse anyway so I apply it to a wet face and kinda swish it around instead of scrubbing. Then I wipe it all off with a cloth. This cleanser makes my face feel so fresh and clean.

It smells good and I can't think of a better way to package it so I like the packaging. It's not travel-friendly, but I'd just pop it in a ziplock bag. Also, I don't think it's very messy. I fill the sink with water, get a little bit on my palm, wet it and roll it around in my hands until it's broken down. I wipe it off with a cloth, rinse the cloth and give the sink a quick wipe round with a different cloth and done.
This cleanser also seems to help keep my oil at bay throughout the day as well. I have always used an oil mattifying lotion under my makeup anyway but since starting this cleanser, I've noticed that I can pretty much go a whole day with no oil! Amazing :D

The price is great for the great quality of this cleanser, 100g goes a long way too so I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by PHM517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love lush products but this cleanser is not for me. It did not help with my acne, which is okay, nothing works for everyone. But, it really does stain my face! I don't know if it is because I am oily or dry (seriously I'm both) or because I am so fair. It stains my skin with black smudges no matter how much I rinse and tone. Even after I moisturize, I still have some! Crazy! I personally like angels on bar skin which is milder, doesn't stain and helps my acne and skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Great cleanser a little bit too harsh to use everyday overall it's fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I use this cleanser on a regular basis and it actually was my first Lush purchase. I've struggled with my skin since hitting puberty and nothing ever really worked for me. A friend took me to Lush to buy soaps and, after chatting with a clerk about my skin, I walked out with this cleanser to try. After one use, I saw and felt immediate results. My skin was smooth and clean and super soft to the touch. For the first week of using this, I did break out a bit since this product actually draws dirt and oil from deep in the pores to the surface. I kept using it though and the break outs desisted over time and now my pores are visibly smaller! Some other reviews have commented on how abrasive this is but if you have sensitive skin, just use a gentle hand. More people complain about it being messy. I usually use it in the shower to avoid cleanup but if I use it in the sink, I just make sure to be careful not to splash about everywhere. I've never had a problem with this leaving a residue on my face but I do sometimes get little black sugar grains under my nails. The Lush product deets suggest to use this once a week and I don't use it more often than that unless I'm going out with thick, heavy makeup and need to wash it off. For me, Dark Angels keeps oil slicks at bay, exfoliates, refines pores, and clears my skin of blemishes. This cleanser = love. It has become part of my regular routine and I couldn't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by blondevixentn

I absolutely love Dark Angels. I use this every night in the shower. It leaves my skin very clean without drying it out too much. This cleanser is incredibly exfoliating and really gets the pores clean. My skin has cleared up so much since I started using this product. Sometimes I use Coal face soap along with this product for a "super" cleaning.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a coal-based all-natural facial scrub for people with oily/combination/acne skin. I've used this for half a year. I like it but don't plan to repurchase because I prefer a non-scrubbing daily facial wash.

Pro:
- Removes oil and dirt really well due to the coal ingredient there!
- scrubs well
- leaves skin hydrated after wash
- all natural

Con:
- umm expensive (I got 110g for $16)
- There is expiry date of 3 months from purchase since this is a natural product without preservatives. If you can't use it up, don't buy that much.
- this is an exfoliating scrub instead of a soft foaming cleanser. At times I was using it twice daily but then I got worried about frequent scrubing being bad for my face.
- You have to use a toner with cotton ball afterwards to remove black residues from the face. I heard that fresh product tend to leave less residue and old product may just stick more to your face, thus the expiry date.
- Don't like the tub packaging. You have to use a dry hand to remove the facial scrub otherwise the rest of the tub gets wet and muddy quickly. Now if I wet my face first then my hand would be wet...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great face scrub and cleanser for people with skin that can take this type of intense scrubbing. The sugar and charcoal exfoliate really well, but the oils are moisturizing enough that the skin doesn't feel dry or irritated afterwards. Wonderful natural ingredients too, that don't break me out. It is quite messy to use though, so I only use it in the shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff. I have a very oily skin, and this makes my skins less oily, and very soft. I would advice you to use it in the shower, because when you put on on your face, it's easier to wash it all of in the shower.
The smell is fine, it reminds me of anise which is nice.