August 27, 2014 | 1890 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous scrub. It's quite harsh, so you have to scrub really gently, but it leaves my face soooooo smooth. I'm not one for scrubbing, I've never really found a scrub that I loved.
This is different. The smell is just FANTASTIC. When you open the little jar it's just like you smell cool wet soil. I prefer natural scents over pink and purple ones, especially when it comes to skin care, so this is really amazing for me.
I do have to apply a moisturizer afterwards, as this is quite agressive. And I have to rince my face really well because the black charcoal makes a total mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cautionzombies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since the LUSH store I went to in Seattle can give you a larger sample for a small price, that's how I got Dark Angels scrub. For what the scrub is supposed to do, definitely 5 lippies: My skin was incredibly soft and smooth, and it helped even out the redness in my cheeks--especially used with toner and moisturizer. I honestly loved touching my face, and it really made my skin glow. However, I'm not a big fan of the scent (it smells a bit like charcoal, which is a "duh" moment with the ingredients, but I don't find it super pleasant), and this scrub, because it's black, is near impossible to get clean. It left black streaks on my face and neck I had to really scrub to get off, plus it made my bathtub and sink hard to clean too. Such a shame, because otherwise this would definitely be my HG face scrub. If you have darker skin, or don't mind doing some extra work to remove the stains, this product is fabulous. I gave it to a friend who'd seen it in my shower and she absolutely loves it and is getting her own tub soon. So while I do recommend it, I personally won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I have combo skin. Oily t zone and dry cheeks. This really dried my whole face out tho. Maybe my skins just sensitive. It was also kids hard to wash and left my face stained gray/ black a couple times. I stopped using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by wabuaita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS. It's a face wash that also exfoliates. It removes everything and leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean! I would only recommend using about 1-2 times a week, however, because it may be too harsh on your skin otherwise.

and YES, it does leave black residue in your pores. You can literally fix it in 2 seconds by using toner. I either do that OR I follow up with their Brazened Honey face mask and that always does the trick!

This is definitely my favorite face wash by LUSH. Doesn't smell but that's not a deal breaker for me. If you're looking for a deep clean, this is your product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ilymarian

Hmm....this was a little too exfoliating and harsh for me. I don't use a toner, so the black cast it left behind was a little hard to get rid of. It didn't do anything for my blackheads, but it didn't really make my skin nice either. Just a 'meh' product. 1 more lippie because it smells like licorice. Yum.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only tried this for a week so far also with Tea Tree Toner and Vanishing Cream Moisturizer. I love it. I feel as though my face is clean throughout the day (even with wearing makeup) and can tell it cleans out all of my pores. I use it twice a day as it expires quite quickly and i don't want it to waste, using it so often hasn't had a bad affect on me so far. I love how it exfoliates and cleanses at the same time, it also makes my face appear much brighter after use. Definite re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample with a few other lush cleansers. I really like this and I think it's perfect for full makeup days or days when wearing makeup for 10+ hours. with that in mind I really only use it once a week if that because its quite an intense cleanser for daily use. I prefer lush herbalism over this because its a bit gentler. I find using this over the sink and then washing it off in the shower to be the best way for use. I don't think I would buy this in the full size because a sample size is more than enough for me at the moment with how much I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

IN LOVE. This cleanser has really helped clear up some of my pimples and give my skin a smoother texture.

SMELL: It sort of smells like black licorice in a way?
USE: I use this by putting a little piece in my hand after taking off my makeup and adding little drops of water to it to make it into a paste. Then put it all over my face, rub gently, and wash off.
After, I use the LUSH Breath of Fresh Air Toner, and the LUSH Imperialis moisturizer.

PROS:
- Seriously helped clear up my skin
- Exfoliates skin, but still gentle enough to use every day

CONS:
- Can be very messy (Use it in the shower to help with this)
-Sometimes no matter how many times I rinse my face it still stays on, no big deal, I just use a damp washcloth to get rid of the rest.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, don't use this with your Clarisonic. It will destroy the brush. Not sure if that's a no brainer for everyone else! I can't use this in the sink as it makes a complete mess. I can't use this in the shower as it leaves a mess that is really difficult to clean. It stained my shower black and now I have to go back in and clean it every time I use it. Definitely not worth it considering I didn't see a difference in my skin. It also expires fairly quickly for the big price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great exfoliator for deep cleansing oily skin.

I like the smell surprisingly (it smells just like coalface, an earthy, charcoal smell) and I also like to use this as a face mask occasionally.
Since this is a harsh exfoliator, I only use it about 2 times a week.

As for the downside, I find that this leaves a black residue on my face no matter how good I wash my face. So if you're gonna use this, you HAVE TO use a toner afterwards (it's crazy how much black product I see on my cotton round after using dark angels)