LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 9/26/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very oily skin that is prone to breakouts, and I like having a cleanser that will exfoliate my skin regularly. When I use something with a bit of exfoliant and natural ingredients once a day my skin seems to clear up and I no longer have any noticeable breakouts or redness on my face. I bought an $19 container of this from LUSH and figured it would be ok, since I haven't had any other problems with Herbalism or anything else, and I live far away from a LUSH store so I don't like having to get samples and go back! It seemed ok for a few days and then it seemed to start making my skin irritated and itchy. When I use something different however (like a mask or different cleanser) it doesn't seem to bother me. I am thinking maybe it is an ingredient in the Dark Angels cleanser whether it is natural or not it would be easy for something to irritate my skin and give me an allergic reaction.
I have also been using Mask of Magnaminty, Herbalism, and Brazened Honey and none of these products irritate my skin so I have decided I will continue using them, and just stop using the Dark Angels cleanser.
I do like the smell, and I love how rough it scrubs your skin. I would recommend using it in the shower like I did if you are going to use this cleanser because it is so dark colored and could be a bit messy to clean up anywhere else.

on 9/19/2013 9:57:00 AM

I started using this product a little over a month ago. I'm pregnant and have been having a horrible time with breakouts. I don't like putting harsh chemicals on my face, so I decided to give lush a try. At first, I couldn't stand the smell, but it has grown on me. It's kinda earthy, but not unpleasant. I use this morning and night and follow it with a quick rub with fresh farmacy to remove any residue. I then follow with a Boots Botanical toner and gel lotion. My face has calmed down and I haven't had any big, painful cysts like I was getting before. I did break out once, but that was after a weekend at the lake with sunscreen on my face for 2 days. I've noticed some people complaining about the mess, but I always get water everywhere when I wash my face, so it doesn't make a difference to me. Hopefully my routine continues to work after the baby is born!

on 9/1/2013 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm really enjoying this product! I have noticed a reduction in the amount of oil on my skin now which is great! On the pricier side- But i guess that's what you pay for quality.

on 8/30/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Ok, yeah..this product is not targeted to my skin type but I just had to try it. It looks so cool and smells so good IMO. It does exfoliate but not really evenly, nor smoothly. It's a bit scratchy, so you have to be mindful of the pressure you use while scrubbing. On the negative, it doesn't rinse completely clean so I would recommend following with a gel cleanser. After using, my skin does feel a bit softer but since it doesn't rinse clean and it's a bit too scratchy for my taste....i doubt I'd splurge on a full container. Not bad though.

on 8/25/2013 4:46:00 AM

I have combination skin and I'm prone to acne. After using the product, I noticeably saw how smooth and soft my face looked. In addition, my face felt rather refreshed from using this. This is a corse exfoliator and I really feel the deep cleansing as I message it on my face. I recommend messaging this in circular motions and applying a face mask afterwards (I use cosmetic warrior--also from lush). Overall, I'm pleased that it helped me with my acne after continuous usage.

I guess one of the downsides of using this product is washing it off. It's sturdier and requires more effort and time, but I don't mind. It works for me so I find it's worth it.

Lastly, I like how you can ask the salesperson how much you want of this, so I usually ask for $3 worth of Dark Angels and it lasts me over a month.

on 8/19/2013 1:50:00 AM

So i just bought this cleanser this afternoon with my mother. She, being the sweet asian woman she was, pointed out my face (which has broke out recently) is dirty.

So I thought of Lush and it has been a while since I walked in. I bought this after contemplating this with the other charcoal scrub. My skin is no sensitive at all, at least I don't think so, which I love.

Anyways, I bought it, came home hours later, bought it and just used it. My skin looks awesome after I used it. I don't see any bad reactions to it yet. But i'm hoping I can continue loving and not change this review.

on 8/17/2013 2:00:00 PM

I bought this product after a friend let me try it and I am obsessed. If you buy it at the store they will weigh out whatever amount you want by price so I got $10 worth and it goes a long way. I mix a little less than a quarter size with two drops of water and it makes a great scrubby paste. After a week my pores feel smaller. I will definitely keep using it!

on 8/7/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a fairly new customer of Lush. I am not an all-natural, organic, homegrown type of fanatic but it's nice to know it's fresh nevertheless.

This should not be called simply a cleanser, this should be labeled a scrub before all else. It's too abrasive as an everyday cleanser. I have not noticed *improvement* in my skin, but it hasn't *irritated* it as other scrubs and cleansers do either. So I'm gonna stick with it for a while and see how effective it is. My main concerns are oil control and just sloughing off dead skin cells. This definitely softens the skin and removes the dead skin, but I can't really tell yet if it's made a difference on the oil production.

A little goes a long way with this. You can request a generous free sample at the Lush store before you buy.

on 7/30/2013 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a trial. I was really surprised by how much i enjoyed it.

Alot of people are off by the smell. But I personally do think its that strong and considering the ingredients in it. I would expect a funny smell.

Now to the fun part.. all you need is a piece and work it in with some water to make a paste then add to your face. Get in there.. its a great exfoliate and its not as rough as Sea Salt. Its smoothing and relaxing. Then I grab my wash cloth and wipe it off. I feel clean and refreshed. I know some have said it left marks on their face or clogged their pores. I have not had either. It wipes off without a problem with warm water.

And yes it could get messy.. but I've never had any crazy mess.

I really enjoy this product and would defiantly would purchase it.

on 7/21/2013 7:33:00 PM

After years of battling with acne, this is the ONLY thing that got rid of it.

I also use it on the shower almost everyday, I'm very pale and this doesn't leave my face stained at all.