April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen Mascara Blackest Black

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jadedmuffins

Absolutely horrible. I was so excited about buying this product because it was by L'oreal and their mascaras are normally great. I was extremely disappointed in this product though and was flabbergasted when I saw the good reviews on this. The color was good, I guess but what good is color when the product doesn't work altogether? It was clumpy and flaky. Think about spider legs. Do you have that image? Imagine their legs as your lashes.
I'm not even kidding. That's how bad it was.
So if you wanna be a spider for Halloween, i highly suggest this product. Otherwise, choice a different mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

I was on the lookout for a volumising mascara in Boots, saw this one was recommended by Grazia magazine and thought I'd give it a try. I should of stuck with Prestige My Biggest Lashes. This gives me hideously clumpy spider lashes and doesn't hold a curl at all. The only way I can get it to look any kind of normal is if I wipe the wand with a tissue before use, which although my lashes look ok if I do this (hence the 3 instead of 1 lippies), it still doesn't hold a curl and it annoys me having to wipe half the product off the wand to make it look nice!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Cruzsluvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think the problem with this is the formula, and the actual container. The bottle does not take off enough of the product before the brush leaves it, so you're left swiping it on a piece of paper and wasting a lot of product. The there's the actual formula. Really wet, clumpy, and when it dries, flakey. I will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by missjvu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was like 8 bucks at CVS. It flaked chipped everywhere. Not worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara. I think one really good coat while its wet is the best application. I have had some clumping issues when trying to do 2-3 coats so taking the time to make the first application go on well pays off. It gives long dark lashes. Not fake looking but definitely enhanced and very black. It holds curl really well all day and is super easy to take off. Leaves my lashes feeling soft and not crunchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

Love it! I actually use 2 different mascaras and I love this one as my 'finishing' mascara. It adds loads of volume. Personally, I have not had any problem with clumping. I use Covergirl's Lashblash Length first for lengthening my lashes. I let that dry to where the mascara isn't completely dry, just kind of tacky to the touch. Then apply this mascara. I love the look; long, full lashes. I'll def buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by piggy1015

CLUMP CLUMP CLUMP.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nicholyse

I really like this mascara. While it's not the best of those I've tried, it is among the top 5. I enjoy the fact that I don't have to put on coats and coats to achieve the look I like for my lashes (although they are naturally long, they lack thickness the way they used to.) It also stays very soft and supple while giving me volume and length. I tried the non-waterproof of this mascara. Works great for me... I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by marah1115

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap and it was sealed in package so I am going to give it one more try after this tube to see if this was a fluke or what. I like it it does make my lashes thicker longer darker(blackest black)with just 2 coats(not a ton like some others) but it also makes them kinda "furry like a fuzzy Christmas tree" as one reviewer described but my formula was not "really wet" when I opened it as another described, in fact I was a bit stunned that it seemed to be a bit dried out and I am having to run the tube under hot water to make it more fluid and managable to use and it was new???So I do think I will give it one more try after this tube but if it does dry up super fast etc I may not ever buy again but it doesn't seem to flake off and irritate my contacts that is a definate plus and actually with some of the formulas that start out too wet they are hard to work with so I will try to update later but so far I say it is about a 4 and does do what it should just has a bit of that fuzziness that is irritating

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good macara and it did what it said- volumized my lashes. but beware, it you put on more than 2 coats, it will clump like crazy and you will wind up looking like Tammy Faye Baker!! I wouldn't say it was the BEST ever ( I still love my Voluminous and Full N Soft) but I will use it until something better comes along...