December 17, 2014 | 1711 users online

Shampoo - Aveeno - Nourish+Moisturize

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by l3ff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i was really excited when I heard Aveeno was coming out with a shampoo, since i love the brand and all of its products are great. I got a free sample in the mail and loved it when i tried it in the shower.
I went and got this shampoo and conditioner as a pair. However, the first time I used it, the conditioner left some kind of residue in my hair. I figured it was because I put too much therma heat protector in it before i blow dried it. Then, the next day, I just washed my hair with the shampoo and didn't use the conditioner. It was EXCELLENT! My hair was silky and smooth and great-- not really usual since I didn't use a conditioner. Then, I showered again and used both the shampoo and the conditioner. My hair had a strange residue this time too. And, I remember standing inside the shower and counting to 30 under the water to make sure I got all the conditioner out. Not sure what to make of this.
Anyways, I'm going to shower again and update this again before I make my final statement on the shampoo and conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by missanyssa

I got a great deal on this shampoo and conditioner at Costco two weeks ago, and I will keep using this for sure!

I have fine but thick, wavy, highlighted blonde hair and an extremely sensitive scalp. I usually use Lush shampoos, but I ran out and wasnt making a trip to the city anytime soon. After reacting to a dozen salon shampoos and suffering through a few weeks with an impossibly itchy scalp, a friend suggested this.. and I am in love!

My hair is silky, soft, shiny, the itch is gone from my scalp, and my hair just looks so incredibly healthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I color my own hair, blonde. It is pretty dry, long, and I was actually impressed how good this `drugstore` brand was. I usually pay twice as much -if not more- for shampoes, etc, but this one I think does a pretty good job!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by rosebuds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you like hair thats so oily it looks wet at your roots try this and the conditioner. Returned it the very next day. It took me 3 washes to get it all out. YUCK!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally don't write reviews unless I feel really compelled to do so. Normally people already write what I want to say anyway, so it's nothing new, but this stuff is so good I had to say something. I just had to.
I was a bit skeptical because of the claims that you can see a different after 'Just 3 Washes!' Yea, alright, sure. I've heard -that- before! But, I just returned my 2 bottles of Herbal Essences [tousle me softly & reconditioning conditioners?], & since NEITHER did anything for my hair...I thought I could give this a shot.
For the record, my hair is collar-bone length, growing it out, but it's demi-permanent dyed a light brown from my natural light blonde color. It's been through hell, so it's always been really dry & lackluster, not to mention frizzy & just...bah. So, finding anything good that'll tame it requires dedication.

I was a bit worried that since the cleansing ingredient was a bit harsher, an ammonium sulfate, it would strip my hair even if it's a moisturizing shampoo. However, it wasn't at all! It was so nice & soft, plus it did lather well [not something I'm too worried about anyway], & the smell was quite nice. The main factor for me is performance, not smell or lather fyi. This left my hair feeling so soft before I even conditioned.

I didn't use the matching conditioner, I actually used the Nourish + Shine, & since there isn't a category for that one I'll just review that here as well. The conditioner is thick, not runny, & it really, -really- makes my hair feel like silk. I also do notice a ton of shine that I normally don't have [unless it's greasy...], & it's not even straightened yet! [My hair dries rather poofy...it's over processed, so I have to straighten or curl]. Normally my hair still feels a bit rough even when drying, but this feels so soft & just so nice! I didn't really use any leave in, since I wanted to see how it felt without that, & it really absolutely delivers! I have model hair & that is something I haven't had since I was little. :)

I would recommend this to anyone! I feel as though it;ll work well for really dry hair or normal hair, since it's not too intense. I suppose since it has cones in it to clarify every so often, but then again that's always good to do anyway. I've yet to try to the leave in, but I most likely will pick some up since they're on sale at Wal Mart for around $5.50 :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by boclit7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally wavy thick hair. I bought this at Target and love it! It is so moisturizing and every time I use it, my hair feels so soft and smooth. I tried the conditioner that matches it but hated that. But this I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very thick, coarse, curly, shoulder-length hair which I blow-dry and straighten - usually every other day. I have been using the Aveeno Nourish & Moisturize Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Treatment ever since they were first launched. I can honestly say that my hair has never been in better condition and for me, this trio has become HG. My hair always smells wonderful, looks shiny, feels silky and smooth and I have never had a problem with product build-up. My hairstylist has told me on my last few visits to him that even when my hair is wet, it looks and feels extremely healthy. I love that I can go to the drugstore, spend less than $25 for all three products (I usually get them at Target for $7 each), and have that "salon-quality" look every time I use them. I hope Aveeno keeps these products around for a very long time as I will continue to repurchase again and again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally love this shampoo. I use it with the moisture conditioner and my hair is SO soft, when I try to put my hair in a ponytail the bands slip off sometimes because my hair is so silky! Without even the conditioner and just this shampoo, my hair is clean, shiny, soft and smooth. Usually if I shampoo my hair the next day it is oily, but this gently cleans it so it stays clean for a few days. I will buy again, and I've never bought a shampoo twice!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super excited to try both the shampoo and conditioner from the Aveeno line, but sadly this just didn't work for me. Nice scent, rich later and rinsed out easily, but my hair felt dry and straw like after wards (even with the conditioner). I will not repurchase and will stick with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by msimone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this along with the Moisture conditioner and leave-in conditioner. This line smells awesome. So clean and soft. This shampoo lathers quite well, and my hair does not feel dried out after it is rinsed out. I have recently gone through a bleaching process, so I want to make sure the moisture levels in my hair are restored. Along with the conditioner, my hair is left soft, shiny, tangle-free and smelling great.