Smashbox Lash DNA

2.7

on 7/18/2010 3:07:00 AM

Hate the too-big brush, goes on too wet and thus gets messy, clumps easily as well. Not a fan at all. Glad I just got this in a Sephora sample kit and didn't pay for a full-priced one.

on 7/16/2010 3:34:00 AM

Hate the brush being so big. I like the formula but it doesn't stay on long.

on 7/16/2010 12:49:00 AM

I really am a cheerleader for Smashbox, but I really find this mascara to be a nuisance. The DNA replicated shaped wand was so messy. I needed to bust out a few q tips to clean up many globs that ended up on my lids. It seems like less product made its way onto my lashes versus my skin.

on 6/22/2010 9:57:00 PM

Formula was just so-so. Overall nothing impressive. Not a fan of the brush.

on 5/31/2010 7:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got the sample as a free gift from an ULTA order and was quite excited to try it because it was my first high end mascara and I'm a mascara fanatic. I was disappointed. My eyelashes are moderately long, so the volumizing and curl was the most important aspect to me.
PROS
nice rich black color
CONS
does not hold curl well, even after curling eyelashes
does not do much volumizing
not much lengthening
brush makes it difficult to get all eyelashes

**I just use this now when I want my eyelashes even darker...whether that be for a natural look or over another mascara.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I actually found the formula of this mascara to be ok - no big difference to other mascaras. There wasn't any smudging or difficulty in removal for me personally. However, I really dislike the brush/wand. It is HUGE and it just made it extremely difficult to apply the mascara, especially since I have somewhat shorter lashes and smaller eyes. If you're someone who has naturally long lashes, it may not be so bad but for someone with shorter lashes, the brush makes it difficult to get a good coat of mascara on every lash. Any other brand with a better (ie smaller) brush will probably yield better results.

on 5/15/2010 11:20:00 PM

Got a sample of this, used it a few times but man this is the worst mascara to remove! It's just all over the place and if you fall asleep one day with it on your lashes will be permanently fused together.

on 5/15/2010 10:29:00 PM

i got this as a sample from sephora when i hit 100 points. i alredy have a mascara i use every day so i probably wouldn't buy again, but its a pretty good mascara, i like to use it when im about to go out for a night on the town lol. it makes sexy big dramatic lashes.

on 5/10/2010 10:00:00 PM

This was part of a set that was given to me. Number one reason why you should not purchase this is it smudges! Number 2, it's damn hard to rinse off. And if that won't stop you from buying this, i've got a number 3...the brush is riduculous. Like it wasn't made for human eyes.

on 5/9/2010 3:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The brush is big and a bit difficult to maneuver but if you can figure out how to apply the mascara you'll have long, seperated lashes... for about half an hour.
The product itself smudges horribly. If your eyes water just the slightest, you'll have a river of mascara running down your face.
I would like to see this in a water-proof or at least smudge-proof formula.

Top Rated Smashbox Products