July 22, 2014 | 2413 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by squizzersqoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

is this ridiculously and amazingly expensive? YES
is this overly hyped up? YES
could this easily be replaced by cheap drugstore lip balms/tints? YES
But is it still worth it? YES

yes, yes, and yes this is ridiculously overpriced and considering the effect it gives, it is easily replaceable my something cheaper like the maybelline baby lips

BUT nonetheless

I choose makeup products not only for its quality, but for the entire experience. The fact that remains is...the packaging is AWESOME BALLS. Its so wonderful, and it brings me silent tears of joy. Just swooshing it out of your pocket/handbag and using it in public makes you somehow more "posh". The dior lip treatment completes me, and I complete is as well.
And mind you, it is quite hydrating! At least, it was for me when I went to paris in the middle of March and was basically freezing my arse off with cold winds that slapped and bit into my skin. It gives my lips a feisty attitude, almost as if I did a little smoochy smoochy with somebody a few seconds ago.

*sorry...I was trying to make my review somewhat interesting/entertaining but nonetheless in truth*

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by alabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I must agree with other low-rated reviews -- this stuff is majorly overhyped. The texture is creamy and the scent is pleasant, but the color payoff/quality is not in keeping with the super high price. If this were a Revlon or Maybelline product, it would maybe get four stars, but for the uneven application and uninspiring color payoff it delivers combined with the crazy price tag, I have to give it two. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this!
It brings a soft pink to your lips that stays even after it has been rubbed off.
Note that the shade might appear different on diff people. It Is hydrating.

I have tried to find a dupe for this (aka sephora's) but this is still way better

Will repurchase with my gift card soon xD

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This lip balm is meant to change to a pink shade upon touching your skin, so don't let the pale translucent look throw you off.

My lips are usually chapped and are a medium pink color naturally. I was hoping this balm would make my lips a brighter but still natural pink. But really, I was left with something reminiscent of a translucent lip balm. My lips are just too pink by itself to really be affected by this lip balm. The only redeeming quality of this balm is how long lasting the hydrating effects are, which is a big plus.

Pros:
Very Hydrating
Lasts a very long time (no other lip balm I've used lasted as long as this does)
Color payoff would be good for those with paler lips

Cons
Color payoff isn't very noticeable on more pigmented lips
PRICE- it's very expensive ($31)

For:: People looking for a natural pink tone lip balm, with light pink/colored lips. Anyone looking for long lasting hydration.
Not For: People with already medium to dark pink lips who are looking for color payoff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by preechaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Long story short, I love the product and hate the price!

This Dor lip balm reminds me of the Smashbox o-glow, but in a better version--smoother, less greasy, and (a little) nicer natural color. I find myself use it almost everyday because the color compliments both casual and semi-formal looks.

It is definitely a great product BUT........$34 for the lip balm, let me think about it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by FWM2012

Ok the shop assistant told me that this would enhance my natural lip colour. I'm afraid it didn't make a difference at all. However when I used it after the lipstick that I was wearing had worn off it did revive the colour of the lipstick. As a lip balm it's like a good lip balm but really would you spend £22.50 for a lip balm. Love the packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kristinelorraine

i don't wear lipstick because i prefer the 'au nature'l look. Dior Addict Lip Glow gives my lips a nice, natural pinkish color. the packaging is also cute.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Rlarkin

Lip sticks dry my lips too much so they're cakey and I need a gloss to compliment but neither are moisturing enough. This is perfection for me- so moisturizing yet glossy and adds a great pink hue to my lips. Only con is I have to be sure pink lips match my outfit. I use this like Chapstick..bad for my wallet at $34 x-O

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by errlinna

well truly LOVE this lipbalm, it simply moisturizes my lips and makes them a cute natural color. love the colour especially the crystal coral #003, but unfortunately it's limited edition :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This waxy stick is suppose to be colorless and adjust to each person. The name "reviver balm" is misleading. It does not "revive" any lip color nor did it "revive" my lips. I find the product has a slight pigment. When applied, it feels nice but waxy. I did not especially like the color that appeared on my lips, although it was not horrible. The waxy feel ultimately caused my lips to dry out - no "reviving" here. Once I stopped using it, I applied vasaline for a few days and my lips went back to normal. For the price, this did not WOW me at all. Ended up returning it. There are much better products on the market for softening dry lips. Dior name and the beautiful packaging, but thats about it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No