April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Purple font means not waterproof. Blue is waterproof. Just wanted to put that out there because some people are getting the latter and saying that it isn't waterproof one bit.

I don't know how anyone can like this mascara. I threw it away after giving it a long try so I can't remember the one exact ingredient but that one thing is what gives this mascara THE FUNKIEST SMELL. If you can deal with it, fine, but it's really strong. I warned you.

I thought this stuff was just too messy. I have short eyelashes, of course I want thick long lashes, I'll try anything, I gave this a chance, it was not the answer. Personally, I like my mascara to go on evenly. This does not. Don't waste your money please.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cansal

Bought this mascara a few days ago..tried it today and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Finally found my HG mascara. Lengthens my average length lashes and holds a curl really well. 2 main things I look for in a mascara. Natural or dramatic? It's up to you. The effect you get depends on the number of coats you apply.
There are a few cons to it though.. it doesn't really volumize your lashes like it says on the package..and isn't as waterproof as you'd think ..but other than that I find that it's a great mascara bought it for about 6 dollars and the yellow bottle and purple writing it cool. Would recommend this product and will probably buy it again, unless I find a better mascara:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by asrkang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of all the mascaras I've tried, I definitely found myself continuously grabbing this one. This mascara holds a curl very well, is waterproof, lengthens, and volumizes - the main things I look for in a mascara. I also have extremely oily skin, including above and below my eye, which tends to cause smudging when I wear most mascaras. This particular mascara does still smudge for me a bit, but not as bad as the other ones that I've tried. Still on the lookout for one that won't smudge, but so far, loving this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ymiae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This review form amazon by Serin(me :) ha ha)

I used this mascara about 3days, really great mascara for me. I love this mascara, but manufacture date in march,2010. it's really worst thing. maybe that's why this one is really cheap.

For now,I gonna focus on about mascara.

I live in korea, also I'm korean. actually most korean ppl loves black color mascara, but for me, I really love brown color mascara. So I tried find brown mascara in korea, it was almost impossible. I found one of mascara from japan, but really expensive and sucks, no volume, no lengthening, but color was really lovely(pink brown).

So I tried order 3 other kind mascara from amazon. I think it was really great choice for me. this one not really lengthening my eyelash but volume and fixed my eyelash nicely. When I use this mascara, than always stay high all day long :)

But I'm not sure without eyelash curler. Actually I don't understand some ppl, why using mascara without eyelash curler? that's silly I think. If you wanna have high and volume eyelash(looks like doll :) ) you should use eyelash curler!

anyway I really recommend this mascara for who wanna have elegant eye and eyelash or who wanna wearing really natural make up :)

enjoy your make up time ! xoxo

- Beauty blog

- Facebook

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by chandrayeedey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is really a great mascara. Pros-1. Really waterproof,doesn't budge unless i remove it with oil 2. Gives good volume to eye lashes though not 7 times as mentioned in the packaging.3.Inexpensive 4.Easy to apply specially on upper lid eye lashes. Cons-1.Smells like chemicals but the smell doesn't stay which is a good point. 2.A bit difficult to apply on lower eye lashes owing to the fat brush. Will buy this again and again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ellouisemoretti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara. I have long thick eyelashes naturally, and i just want a mascara that separates them, blackens them and makes them even longer. This is waterproof, i normally buy waterproof mascara because i find that regular mascara smudges underneath my eyes and "transfers". This is cheap and works great. It thickens more than lengthens but i love it. sometimes i find it does go under my eyes during the day but i use rimmel day 2 night in waterproof for more length because i personally prefer that formula. Colossals formula is quite dry and can smudge during the day but over all it's a good mascara and i would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by dancedance_003

I've noticed that Maybelline makes some of the best mascaras in my opinion. The majority of my mascaras are from Maybelline and Colossal is definitely one of my top three favorite mascaras (along with Full N Soft and One By One). The formula of this mascara is more on the wet side compared to my other waterproof mascaras, but it works beautifully at separating my lashes and providing volume while still maintaining the curl. I have straight Asian lashes that point downwards, so a mascara's ability to hold a curl is extremely important. It doesn't flake nor does it clump my lashes together, but then again, I don't have that many lashes to begin with. I use this on days when I want my eyes to look more dramatic. I do notice a little smudging underneath my eyes on the outer corners, but it's not nearly as bad as Lash Blast, and I've come to the conclusion that all waterproof mascaras always smudge a little on me..possibly due to my eye shape. Highly recommend Colossal and if you have Asian lashes like me, get this mascara ASAP! You won't regret it :)

I also want to add that I remove this mascara with virgin coconut oil and it comes right off.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Cadylady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After I saw some reviews on internet and finish a Covergirl lashbast mascara then I quickly gap this mascara. In my opinion, It's a reasonable price (approximately $9 in Vietnam). However, It is not hold my curl and volume my lashes even I'm apply 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by dominiqueashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

it has a huge brush which i love! it smells really gross though. this reminds me of the falsies but just a round brush. this has lasted me a very long time, i only use it from time to time though. itll make your lashes look really fake, but sometimes it can make them look spidery. this clumps very easily too its a thick sticky formula. im going to get another one of these soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by littlestarface

Brilliant mascara. I really liked it. I used the Maybelline Volum' Express Cat Eyes mascara first and loved it so decided to try another one of their mascaras once that was running out because I felt like trying a different one, and after reading the reviews I decided to go with this one.
The want is great because it's thick and you can get a lot of lashes in with one stroke.
The only thing I'd say to avoid is don't coat your lashes too much with this. Your lashes might clump the way mine do after a couple of strokes.