April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by SugarBabyRach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a B2M, I actually meant to get Up the Amp but I saw this and had to have it. On my fair NC15 skin this turned up as a lovely pinky plum. I'm yet to find a down side to it. It is moisurising and makes my teeth look whiter, which is always good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by red_smarties

lovely pinkish plum colour. really brightens up the face. it is a warm colour and does suit my warm complexion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Many have compared this lipstick to Slimshine "Pleasing", but I disagree. I am in total love with the Pleasing lipstick which is more cool-toned than Plumful. On my lips, Plumful morphs into an unflattering colour making me look older. I don't know exactly what it is but I do think that it's much warmer-toned than Pleasing and has more brown in it (the pink tones hardly show up on my lips - only the brown shows up). Too bad, will have to use it as one of my B2M products. No resale for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

My skintone (N5) is pretty chameleon-esque when it comes to lipsticks. I can put on almost any shade, warm or cool and pull it off...except this one. It washes me out. :o(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Within a few weeks of purchasing, this has become a much relied upon staple in my purse cosmetics bag...I adore it that much. Applies with such a lovely creamy finish as a deep pink with plummy undertones and is beautifully flattering yet never overwhelming on my cool, very pale skin. I find it to be very professional yet a little sexy at the same time and always feel just a little more confidently feminine when wearing. What a beautiful winner MAC came up with in this shade!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been going through my lipsticks trying to decide what to keep and what to swap. Well, I just finished swatching Capricious, so when I pulled Plumful out next, I thought "I have a feeling this one's going to go!". WRONG!

This is SO lovely. Capricious is also a pinky plum colour, but Plumful has even more pink. Plumful is cooler than Capricious, but I (NC30, dark brown hair and eyes) can absolutely pull it off. So, while Capricious is a warmer (than Plumful) pinky plum, I'd say that Plumful is a cooler plummy pink.

I can't say enough good things about the colour of this lipstick, and I'm so glad that I found it again... I'm going to have to go back and get Capricious and see if I still love it as much!

I would absolutely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

I do like the color, it's very pleasant. But I find it more of a pinkish hue rather then plum (Though there is a slight trace of it) And from the picture on the website I was expect a more plummy color (Then again when does it ever look like the website) however, nice color and I would consider buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Mirtika

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If this was a smidge deeper, it would be perfect for my NC44 Latina tone. As is, it's a lovely plummy-pink for daytime. It has a brightening effect and is creamy and is definitely on the "violetty" as opposed to "brownish" side like some plums. As folks here say, it skews pink on the lips.

The reason I'd repurchase is that I love it as a base for certain lipglasses. It's fabulous with Jampacked (an LE now sold out, sadly) for a purpley look. It's lovely with rich and ripe, for a new complex color that isn't as pink and isn't as purple--warmer.

A very nice MAC shade.

Mir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a darker fall lipcolor, and saw this color in an email from MAC for fall looks. I liked it and immediately went here to check the reviews of the color. I purchased this online without seeing the color, and I am glad that I did. This plum color has enough pink in it to look great on my cool complexion. Most colors considered plum have too much orange/brown to look natural on me. This color is amazing, it's a great darker color on my face. This will be a definite staple in my makeup bag for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by iceomatic

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very wearable and versatile color! Love it as a alternative to my usual bright red.