MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

4.4

on 10/28/2010 11:39:00 AM

My first MAC lipstick and I haven't looked back since. At first, I was regretting my purchase because it looked so dark and unsuitable for everyday wear. But I learnt to just dab a bit of colour on my lips and spread it and it brightens up my face so nicely.

This is a pretty plum shade, and the Lustre texture is incredible. It's so moisturising that I've even applied it like a primer before putting other not-so-moisturising lipsticks on top and it also deepens the colour a bit. The scent is a pleasant vanilla, and I will definitely be repurchasing this once this is gone. I wish all lipsticks were like this.

on 10/22/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was at MAC trying out pink-nudes but failed to find any that didn't wash out my complexion and look odd on my pigmented lips. When I gave up, the SA suggested this shade for me instead though it wasn't exactly what I was looking for, telling me it would suit my coloring. And indeed, Plumful is a gorgeous and unique plummy rose-y pink on me, a couple shades deeper/pinker than my natural lip pigmentation. I thought I couldn't pull off plum before, but I can't wait to wear this all throughout fall. It looks natural without screaming WHOA PLUM LIPSTICK. The coverage is buildable so I only apply one layer with lip balm underneath. Lasting power is about two hours and leaves a slight stain. It brightens my pale skin, pairing it with a tiny bit of NARS Dolce Vita blush, gold-toned shadows, and lots of mascara for a fall/winter-y look.

FYI- If you look up this shade on Temptalia, it looks very pink on her with just a touch of plum, which isn't exactly accurate (but still stunning, I'm still looking for a similar color...) It's actually deeper and more plum in real life. It tends to look different on everyone because of lip pigmentation.

on 10/19/2010 7:48:00 PM

I love buying lipsticks, ususually in the pink/rose/mauve shades to suit my fair skin and this is my fave lipstick of the season. The colour is strong and the texture is thick and creamy without being gooey. Seems to make my teeth look whiter too :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really like how this lipstick can be applied sheerly to add a bit of healthy color to the lips. I don't like the way it looks heavily applied, though. But maybe thats because I prefer a more subtle lip. Its not too drying, either.

RIX

on 9/26/2010 11:52:00 AM

Good quality as ususal from MAC Lustre. Nice level of pigmentation for a lustre, moisturising finish and good medium term staying power. Colour, brightening pink/mauve colour with a little shimmer - not a flat shade. lifts medium -fair complexion, with green eyes and light brown hair, Good day wear lipshade and can be glammed uo with a gloss for PM wear. A go to shade for both neutral and mid wear eyes.

on 9/8/2010 6:35:00 PM

Perfect! Delightful! Lovely! This is the way all lipsticks should feel on your lips, smooth, creamy and drenched in a beautiful plum/rose color. It's perfection to me, if I could have given this 6 lippies I would have, it's that wonderful. Sophisto is a little more sheer than Plumful, but they are both keepers in the rose/plum family. Both are "musts haves" for me.

on 8/9/2010 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

If I were allowed only 1 lipstick, so far, this is the one I'd grab onto. It is a creamy, rosey plum that leaves a nice, moisturizing sheen on my fairly pink - pigmented lips (check out my profile pic if you're curious to see what it looks like). Looks nice with no other makeup - a fair pop of colour without looking made-up.

So unless I find a plum that's just a little better suited to me, "Plumful" remains my HG.

on 6/30/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Plumful is a rosy, pink color. I think it's pretty pigmented. If I had to leave the house without makeup on, I would definitely pick Plumful for a pop of color :) The formula glides on smoothly and stays on for a while! Would definitely repurchase.

on 5/28/2010 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have to say that I forgot I even had bought Plumful. I buy so many MAC lipsticks, I forget what I have. I know. I have a serious MAC addiction problem.
Anyhow. I just found my Plumful lipstick and must say it is beautiful! It's a nice rosey/pink color. It's very moisturizing on my lips. It doesn't wear off at all unlike some other lustre lipstick shades I have purchased. I don't know if MAC changed their formula for their lustres, but this is how to do it. Comes on nice & creamy. Stays on for hours nice and creamy. I do not need to apply often. I would definitely buy again.

on 4/26/2010 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have recently started building a lipstick collection so a nice pink lipstick was in order and the lady at the MAC store recommeded this, Ive been applying to everyday this week and LOVE it. u can easily build up the colour so if it is a fuller pink or just a tint you're looking for. Smells good too haha and feels like velvet on your lips! Will defo repurchase!

Popular Lipsticks