i expected a lot from this foundation, but it doesn't worth the price at all.
it feels dry on my skin; doesn't last long; No SPF; coverage is very light; very expensive
if you are looking for any good things about this foundation, it's natural and light texture, easy to blend, that's all, I think a lot of foundations can do that.
Hated it.... I have been a fan of EL DW and the rep. at GA talked so highly of this. She said that celebrities all use it so I became stupid and bought it. This became extremely shinny on me after a few hours. I am NC 30 and I was given no. 6.5, which was the wrong shade. Honestly, way too expensive for the quality. If you are oily, this is not the right choice.
Wow, after years of searching for an HG foundation I think I may have finally found it. This has beautiful coverage. I would say its medium, but buildable if needed. The shade is a perfect match for my skin tone. I am NC20 and bought this in # 4. This foundation also lasts pretty much all day. This is a feature that I have been searching for in a foundation, so I am so glad that Lasting Silk lasts. I will definitely be buying this when I run out!!
Every foundation was too dark for me or too pink (like Diorskin Nude and foundations from Givenchy). I am "spring type of skin" = with gold/yellow undertone. I am also PPP - really pale (10NW). And Lasting Silk in shade 2 is the best match for me, it is like my second skin!!! I cant see any difference betwen my face and neck, when I wear it...It covers redness and pimples really well, so my skin is perfect.
Coverage is medium. Texture is light, watery and fresh (very pleasant) with semi-mat finish (I dont need to wear powder). Lasting Silk is not heavy and looks natural.
And I like It has SPF.
I didnt like Luminous Silk....so gross and oily finish. But this is the best foundation I ever had and I will definitely buy it again!
I like the classy looking bottle but the pump gives a lot more product than I need and it is a bit tricky to stop it at about halfway. Price is on the high side but what you would expect for the name and quality. Wide range of colors, I was easily able to find a match. Light scent but not a deterrent and nonirritating. Good medium coverage, doesn't seem to transfer to clothes/sheets/etc. Has SPF but doesn't seem to give a white cast in photos. Wears well all day and has a natural finish as opposed to matte.
Lasting Silk is one of the few foundations on the market that provides an enduring (i.e. no oxidation) color match to my exceptionally pale skin. I am not certain of my color but I am guessing I am between NW5-10 and I find Ivory 2 matches quite well if a teeny, tiny bit yellow. Aside from the color match, I was drawn to this foundation because if applied correctly, it looks like skin, not foundation. This is, of course, exceptionally appealing in a foundation. The downside: this foundation is fickle in how it is applied. If I apply a primer and give the primer plenty of time to set then carefully apply the LSF with a foundation brush, it looks beautiful. If I rush it and don’t get it thin enough, it cakes. Over clean skin, the same rules apply; a careful application is critical. The lasting power is not comparable to, say, EL double wear or Dior’s Forever. I get 3-4 hours before a blot and reapplication to my nose is required. At the end of a work day, it still provides good coverage everywhere but my nose, however multiple blots are required to knock down shine. I would repurchase this foundation because it does look like skin and I have not found anything better yet. It is not my holy grail because, like a bad boyfriend, I can’t stop looking for something better.
Edit 3/12/2011: I have upgraded this product to a 5. I have been using this product for almost three months now and I have grown to absolutely love it. I have found that this foundation applies most beautifully with a damp Bobbi Brown foundation brush. The damp brush sheers out the foundation to look like flawless beautiful skin. I am a typical a ruddy red-head but my skin looks porcelain even with this sheered so thin. I also like to put a drop on plastic and let it dry overnight (I use a watercolor pan for mixing foundation with fluid sheer). Once dry it makes the best concealer I have found for under-eye circles.
I have to admit that it looks so natural on skin.
But, it is not lasting for me, 3-4 hours tops.
I have been lookin 4a decent foundation 4 so many years and at last i think i have finaly found it! Iv tried doublewear,mac pro longwear,face and body,studio fix,studio sculpt,la prairie,chanel,dior and many more! And is so much nicer than all the others.
Coverage is light 2medium,i have terrible skin and it makes my face look flawless.gives such a natural finish,just like ur skin but way better.it lasts all day an doesnt need 2 b set with a powder.i have had comments on how nice it looks.
For ref im dw sand,mac nc20 and 4.5 is this,the colour is perfect just yellow enough 4 my skin.
It is expensive but u realy do get the quality u pay 4.
I apply with a stippling blush,is quite runny so a litle goes along way,i wud def recomend and wil buy again!:-) my search is
After years of searching 4this product they have now discontinued it my perfect colour 4.5!! Cant believe it! The 5 is 2dark an the 4 is prob 2lite so may have 2try luminous silk and just hope i can find a suitable colour and its as good as this! How annoying!:-(
i love this fundation...bc its very light weight it doesnt feel like u have anyfundation at all....its also very natural looking when u blended with ur fingers....when i first got it i didnt like it bc my face was breaking out like crazy bc of a medication i was taking so i just forgot about it....my face its been better bc i dont take that medication and i guess my hormones lol....well my skin is clear, all i have is a few marks....this fundation wont cover the marks ...but its very natural looking...if u have almost perfect skin....u will love this fundation....on my oily skin this fundation doesnt last that long, it last like 8 hrs...but its okay bc now that my skin is clear and i dont need a heavy cover fundation, this fundation makes me feel like i am not wearing a fundation at all...when i first got it, the weather was very hot probably thats why it didnt work for me....not its winter here and my skin still oily but not that bad....if u dont need that much cover and u want a light weigh fundation....u need this =)
This is a gorgeous foundation that enhances your skin in nearly every fashion. I'll break down my review:
1. The feel. This foundation is very lightweight and thin. However, this foundation is light-to-medium coverage so although it is lightweight, it is still very pigmented. This means easy blendability into the skin (because of its' thin viscosity) yet still achieving the coverage you want. Definitely buildable.
2. The finish. This is a semi-matte finish (not an entirely matte finish as the Giorgio Armani Beauty website describes). This foundation gives you a soft-focus look that evens out the complexion yet looks natural. It is your skin, but better + soft focus. There is no powdery/dry finish whatsoever.
3. The smell. This can actually be a turn off to some because while it isn't pungent, it isn't subtle. Personally I find the smell fresh, but to those who are scent sensitive this can be an issue.
4. I have tried other higher end foundations (two of which were Chanel's Lift Lumiere and Guerlain's Parure Extreme) and this by far surpasses them. This lasts longer while still looking fresh and I feel perform better.
5. Longevity. This foundation lasts about 8-9 hours on me. The fantastic aspect about this foundation is that it looks great 3-4 hours, then on the 5th-6th hour the natural oils of your face will work harmoniously with this foundation to give you a luminous glow. Then on the 7th-8th hour you will most likely need to blot, but then the entire process starts again. I definitely don't mind blotting because of how natural this foundation looks on skin. If you dust light finishing powder over this in the morning (I do not because I love the finish of this foundation and don't want to potentially change it with powder), then it will definitely last longer for you. I have oily-combination skin and can wear this foundation just fine.
6. The cost. While $59 is an investment for a foundation, I believe the cost justifies the quality of this foundation. If you pay $30 for a MAC foundation, then you're most likely getting $30 worth of quality. If you pay $59 for the Armani foundation, you get $59 in quality no questions asked. I definitely opt for the latter.
7. Overall this is a foundation that lasts long, gives you a gorgeous glow while not being oily, glides over your pores, provides medium & lightweight coverage, and will last a while. Classy bottle, too.