August 22, 2014 | 1929 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff!

I have ridiculously oily skin, and Blinc mascara survived a hot humid mid-July day in the Dallas area, including a nap, without smearing *at all.* There were a few flakes under my left eye, but otherwise, it looks like I just put it on. It lengthens quite a bit, and holds curl well, too, even on my naturally straight lashes. This mascara makes it possible for me to successfully wear mascara on my lower lashes, something that's never worked for me before.

I love the rich black, very slightly glossy color, and the small, narrow brush makes application easy. I even find it perversely amusing to remove this mascara; I use eye-makeup remover pads, and the mascara comes off easily, in little tubes.

Blinc products are not tested on animals, which is a big deal for me. This mascara is a bit pricey, at $25, but to me, it's worth it. I'll keep buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, no raccoon eyes even if you swim or cry.... But it's not volumizing - it's super lengthening but I want volume. It kinda clumps the lashes together too - like you have 5 single really long lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by cyberkaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The good news is that this mascara does not smudge, and I purchased it for a very reasonable price on Amazon.com. It won't make your lashes longer if they are sparse, but if your lashes are long enough, it will cover them nicely.
The bad news (at least for me) is that it comes with a brush that does not distribute the product evenly and as a result, lashes can clump in certain areas if you're not very careful.

I think the product could be improved greatly with a better brush with which to apply the mascara, so I'm giving it a rating of 3 out of 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jlin113

This mascara will absolutely NOT clump on you if that is your biggest mascara pet peeve, which is mine! It lengthens and curls slightly but doesn't do much for volume (I guess sometimes that 'clumping' means volume for your lashes!)

Also I love how it does NOT smudge when you use water to wash it off. No eye makeup remover or makeup removing cleanser needed so it is super convenient to use. The packaging is very simple and sleek, and perfectly fits into my smallest makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Really great for those who hate smudgy mascara! Gives a beautiful daytime lash without any clumping, and it's glossy and a nice wet formula. My lashes are very curly on their own so I haven't had any problems with it straightening them out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by spookymari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic product! Works amazingly, separates lashes perfectly...

So, if I love it so much, WHY WOULDN'T I BUY IT AGAIN? Half the ingredients are pretty toxic, including two preservatives that are actually banned in cosmetics in the EU.

Literally every single ingredient aside from water brings up an increasingly concerning page on the SkinDeep database.

It's really a shame, because this is such a fantastic, fantastic, FANTASTIC true fiber mascara. UGH!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Jakquetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is very similar to the Imju Fiberwig mascaras from Japan except with less fiber particles. Their idea is to "tube" your lashes as opposed to coating them as it says on the tube container. Gives me great length but does nothing for thickening. Wore it the whole day without any smearing or raccoon eye issues. And mind you I have very oily lids. Very easy to remove - warm water works best, and it slides right off. If you like length, staying power and ease of use, go for this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by MeggieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear hard contacts and because of that needed a mascara that doesn't flake and won't irritate my eyes. This isn't the one for me. I like how easy it is to remove without too much rubbing because of the tubing effect, but that's about it. Plus, no matter how long you spend curling them, your lashes will be completely straight in a split second. So if you just need a little darker color, go for it, otherwise, there are much better tubing mascara options on the market. I prefer Clinique's version.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tazz222003

I'm super picky about my mascara- I love this product! It's a tad pricey considering you should replace mascara very frequently... but this one is well worth it. It's very unique as far as texture and wear goes. It applies very smoothly and will remain wet (flexible) for a short time while you layer and shape. After it dries it stays put until you remove it. It never runs or smudges. You can even sleep wearing it and it won't smudge or cause raccoon eyes. Perfect for hot weather or long days. I wear contacts and it doesn't irritate my eyes or deposit flecks into them. So I said it stays put, right? But it's super easy to remove. When you're ready to remove the mascara the quickest and most efficient way to remove is to wet your fingers (I do it in the shower) and pinch your lashes gently for a few seconds to wet the formula again- then very gently pull off the formula- it comes right off in little strands. Takes seconds and doesn't hurt your lashes and doesn't require rubbing of tugging on your eye area. I've been using this product for over 2 years and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't give up -- this is HG!!! There's a little bit of a learning curve with this mascara, but if you give it a week, you may never go back to regular mascara again.

What I love, love, love is the fact that I can wear this for 12 hours and not have a single smudge anywhere. I can rub my eyes, get a sweaty workout, take a nap, work long hours, etc., and it never rubs off -- not even a little bit. That's why I can't go back. I used to always have a smudge of black around my lower lashes. This is going to be great on long airplane rides.

I've been using it for 7 days, and I've figured out how to get a long, but natural look or a heavier more dramatic look. (Some say it doesn't add length or volume, but I promise you it does -- you can't even see my lashes without mascara.) I was a Dior Show fan but no more.

The secret for putting this on is don't let it dry between coats. Do one eye at a time and build the look you want all at once while it's still wet. Either do a quick sweep for a natural look, or keep adding mascara until you get the drama you want, then move on to the other eye. Once it dries, it's just going to look clumpy if you go back and add a second coat. You will get a good look. Curl your lashes first, and it will hold the curl. If you make a mistake, a damp Q-tip will fix it.

Taking it off is much easier than I originally thought. At first I was messing around with cotton balls, but it's totally unnecessary. I just wash my face as normal, and with my lashes good and wet, I use a very light touch with my fingers and the tubes just peel right off. It's so different than the smeary raccoon eye thing that happens with other mascara. I haven't seen any lashes come out, in fact I feel that this is healthier because my lashes are actually softer, rather than being brittle from being painted with normal mascara.

I love having my eye area clean and clear. Not only did I order a full size tube of Blinc, but I ordered the Blinc eyeliner as well and will review that in a week or two after I get it. -- P.S. The Blinc primer is awesome! It will give you even longer lashes.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No