April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by IrkaY

I bought this bronzer a few days ago in 00. I am an extremely white person and I must say that 00 is a little light on me. It would also be ok to get it in 01 or 02.
The color is good. Not orange. It looks very natural. For now I am happy.
Update: I actually think that Mac Golden looks more natural on me. Guerlain can go orange. I have to be very careful not to put "too much", but it's a good product. I will just have to use it when I have some tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have this bronzer in 02 and 20. I love 20, its a matte bronzer and gives a gorgeous glow without looking orange! Its a bronzer I often reach for. 02 is slightly more shimmery and can be orange if too much is applied, but this colour also looks lovely on! I do get comments about looking like "Ive caught the sun" with this product. Overall I think they are great if you can find one that suits you and they last ages! But I do find that the price has become rather high over the years.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by liz75

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Guerlain's Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzer in 20 is THE most wonderful bronzer I've ever tried! I'm a MAC NC27 and was looking for a bronzer that I could also use as a blush, meaning it should have a little more color to it than just bronze (but not orange or red). I also have dry/combination skin so I didn't want a powder that would absorb the little oil I do have in my cheeks! I went straight to Guerlain since they are supposedly the bronzer authority. The Terracotta for blondes was too light and didn't even show on me, while the Terracotta for brunettes was orangey. Then I noticed that there was actually a moisturizing bronzer, and the 20 was just my shade! (similar in color to Bobbi Brown's medium bronzer) It picks up the gold in my eyes and complexion, and is very long lasting.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Nessicle

I have this bronzer in 01, 20 and 03. I'm using 03 at the moment and think it's the prettiest bronzer I've ever used. it looks pretty shimmery in the pan but I think it's more sheeny when it's on. It's easy to go overboard with this bronzer so use a light hand but it is beautiful! I use 20 in the summer when I have more colour. The 01 is a bit too pale but perfect for paler skinned ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by nadmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really does live up t the hype. It gives a lovely natural golden glow (I have dark olive skin), mainly matte but with the tiniest hint of shimmer. And best of all it lasts way longer on your face than other brands (e.g. Bobbi Brown's bronzer) and let's you gradually build up colour layer by layer so you can decide how bronzed you want to look. Expensive but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this (#01) after a lot of research and it does not disappoint. It really works great on my skin tone. I use it when I wear foundation and also mix it with my blush. I will not hesitate to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer to everything else because it really is moisturizing and it lasts all day. It is not frosty or shimmery like other bronzers. I am now talking about the single toned bronzer not the brunette or blonde ones. I have sure used some "matte " bronzers but they never applied smoothly and they always feel so dry on my skin. And shimmery bronzers do have tendency to wear off and start looking blotchy. I love the looks of shimer though also in right day but unfortunately they dont wear long time. My bronzer history is long: Estee Lauder, Chanel, Clinique, Cargo, Dior, Clarins, Elizabeth Arden, MAC, Face Stockholm, YSL, Physicians Formula, Lumene, Revlon... I do love the fragrance in this tho I do understand some of you might not appreciate it. This is actualy the ONLY bronzer I used all of! I purchased this myself and used it all up by myself. Only other blush/bronzer product I ever finished is Shu uemura blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Have just bought this from the estimable Sue at the DJ Canberra Guerlain counter. The shade I got is 00 (the matte version). So far I really enjoy it. It's a pretty matte bronze that is just peachy enough without verging into orange. The application is forgiving and it has never looked weird on my bronzer-unfriendly light skin. Other bronzers I have used are Cargo, NARS Laguna, Duwop, and various TooFaced ones, but Terracotta is leading the pack. It is easy enough to apply that I keep it with me at work to apply in the early afternoon when I'm feeling a bit peaked. Two quibbles: the price and the intense violet odor. I like it and will continue to use until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by claro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really wanted to like this bronzer as the colours are great and look really natural but after a few months the powder sort of solidifys and I can't get any more powder on my brush.

My skin doesn't get oily, I wait until my moisuriser has sunk in before applying but the powder keeps doing this and I have to keep scraping off the top layer of the compact, so it's really wastful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by larabr

I've been wanting to try this product for years but never wanted to spend the money on it. The only bronzer I had ever used was NARS' Laguna and I thought it was pretty decent, but even after 2 years of using (not every day though) I still had trouble applying it without it looking fake. Anyways, I finally decided to buy Terracota and the results impressed me. I use it almost like a blush (although I also brush a little on my forehead, nose and chin to make it look more natural) and I LOOVE the way it looks on my skin. I have fair-medium skin and I always look better when I'm a little bit tanned, and this bronzer gives me a healthy, sun-kissed glowed I've never been able to achieve with any other product. Plus, it smells good! I finally understand why people have loved this product for so many years, it's definately worth the price!