August 30, 2014 | 1586 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is nasty! I have never used a lip product that dried like this one. It was so sticky I literally had to peel my lips apart and the color peeled off the top lip almost totally and stuck to the bottom lip in a double layer. I have never seen anything like it. I was able to leave it on for about 5 minutes before I had to scrub (scrub!!!) it off. The feeling on my lips was driving me nuts. It feels like sticky hard, crackly paint. Huge FAIL on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by AndryaAndroid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

But the tube looks so pretty....

I was very optimistic in trying this, but I should have heeded the warnings of most of the other reviews here.
The consistency is very thin. It feels wonderful and comfortable gliding on your lips, but is almost too watery-thin and that makes it difficult to get an even application, which is frustrating, because I can normally really work even a difficult product!
Once it's dried, it becomes incredibly tacky. I mean it literally feels like semi-dried paint is stuck to your lips, and it does make them kind of stick together!
And is it ever DRY! I didn't expect it to be super moisturizing or anything, but my goodness, my lips felt absolutely parched.
Adding a lip balm on top (I'm sure you could use a gloss, too) takes away most of the sticky tackiness and does soften things up, but this is getting rather high-maintenance at this point, what with the time you have to spend trying to even out the poor application, then drying time, then adding more products on top.
And the payoff, ladies, just isn't worth it. The color deposited heavily all over the rim of my tea cup over the next several hours. When I checked in the mirror, the color was still on my lips, but just an hour or two in, I got the dreaded color disappearance toward the inner, fleshy part of my lips. There was a STARK line of where the color had worn off, nothing subtle like a stain, which made it look like I was wearing lipstick only on the outer portions of my lips, with nothing in the center -- it looked absolutely ridiculous.
Definitely not worth the price, and all the fuss it takes. Pass!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have two tubes of this stuff, and I absolutely love it! It works more like a lip stain for me. I just apply it, rub my lips together, then blot and I have perfect color for several hours! Totally drink proof too. Prized Peach is perfect for redheads! Also, sometimes I like to go over it with a little lip balm for a better feel. Even without, it's just fine though, and this stuff doesn't budge! Love the staying power!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Stellar Sunrise, a vibrant coral color with teensy tiny microshimmers in the tube that don't really show up when the product is applied (I find this a good thing, as they also don't affect the texture and there is no frostiness). I think a lot of reviewers have misunderstood the nature of this product -- it is NOT a lip gloss. It is NOT intended to be moisturizing -- it IS a long wearing lip color. Admittedly, I was in a rush in my local drugstore and grabbed this based on color alone -- not realizing that this was a liquid lipstick. But, the directions, should you read them, clearly say -- "Apply a thin film to lips, wait until dry, remove with oil-based remover." I'm willing to bet that those having issues with removal are not following directions.

The product itself has a doefoot applicator and applies thin and is light and slightly creamy - sort of between a gel and a cream if that makes sense. It has a very slight chemical-ish scent (no added other fragrance) which is only discernible to me if I am sniffing the tube -- no scent or taste once it has dried on the lips. The color is intense, and on the lips is true to the tube color. It then dries, and leaves a paint-like coating on the lips, slightly tacky to the touch. It doesn't transfer onto coffee cups and the like, but I do find it to be drying. I would not rub your lips together before it dries (moves the color around too much and it won't dry in an even coat). As I didn't intend to buy this type of product, but LOVE the color, I'm still looking for ways to make this work for me -- I've tried balm either under or over, but found it's affected the longevity of the color too much for it to be a solution. Will update in a bit - I've heard that using a wax-based balm over (as opposed to oil-based) will help with moisture and not affect the color.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually like Revlon products and tried this when I saw it on special offer. It was a purply shade - comparable to Blackberry in the Super Lustrous line.

I hated it. As others have said, it dries like paint, feels dry on your lips and is impossible to remove. A real disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by wbwilliams1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hated it. I bought two Revlon colorstay foundations (love them!) at Ulta when it was buy two Revlon get one free. I didn't want three foundations, and this lipstick was comparably priced, so I decided to try it in the gorgeous Prized Peach shade. I put it on my lips and immediately knew it'd be going right back to Ulta for an exchange. It was like putting paint on my lips, which dries into every crack, and feels nasty on. I couldn't leave it on longer than two minutes because I so hated how it felt. There's no such think as lipcolor that lasts, because the stuff that lasts feels like nailpolish applied to your lips. Pass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I agree with the previous reviewer regarding having to scrub to get this off. It's terrible to get off. I bought the Best Bubbly, which looks like a nice pearly plum/pink in the tube but once it's on it's a almost pearl-white pale pink. Nasty. And yes, it DOES make my lips look wrinkled and old lady. This product isn't good and certainly not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought it because the packaging was really pretty. I really wanted to love it and tried a lot of other things with it but it did not work for me. When it dried it made my lips look wrinkly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A 2-Rating for the colour choice and chic packaging. A 1-Rating for the fact that the tube colour does NOT correspond with how it looks on your lips, even allowing for the necessary shade adjustment!
I had great hopes for this product but was severely disappointed. It lasts all right, but I hated it so much that I didn't want it to! My lips puckered with the dryness. Color Stay manages the rare and horrible feat of being dry yet sticky at the same time.

And I ONLY wear Matte, Demi & Semi-Matte lipsticks.

Here's what doesn't work:

~ It's dry to the point of being parched and I tried it the right way with plenty of moisturising lip balm before application.

~ It does NOT wear off evenly.

~ You have to literally scrub your lips to remove it all. (It's a terrific lip exfoliator, all right!)

I'll bet dollars to drakes the paid Revlon spokeswomen do NOT wear this daily. Sub-par product, Revlon!
Keep the superb Revlon Matte lipstick range and re-formulate this awful line.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mirrabelle

I was lured by the pretty packaging, and the colors. I bought Prized Peach and while it's a very flattering color for my skin tone, the stuff smells awful. It has a putrid chemical scent which I can not get over. Because of the price I paid (10 bucks) I feel awful for wasting it, so I'm going to try to get my money's worth and wear it with lip balm as many of you have suggested. But I will not be purchasing this again.

Wish I came here first before buying!