Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)

3.0

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't really love this product but in my opinion it's actually pretty good. It definitely has long staying power even after eating which is really incredible. But it does tend to be kind of pasty an tacky when you have it on but I guess you just have to deal with it cus hey, pitting on a mask of makeup isn't comfortable any ways, right? well any ways it's a pretty good lip color product and yes it does have a drying feeling but it doesn't actually dry out your lips once you take it off.( like wearing really uncomfortable high heels but since they're cute you still wear them anyways feeling) but overall great product. By the way I got this in a newer shade called ultimate orchid

Have only worn this lipstick twice now, but I have to say I'm kind of in love with it. Of course the 24-hour claim is just silly, but I wore it at work and completely forgot about it for about 5 hours. Freaking out that my lips look faded (or I have that really awkward thick lip-liner look) I ran into the bathroom to look in the mirror.

To my shock, my lips looked perfect! Didn't even need to reapply! Did touch up after eating lunch, but that's expected.

Will definitely buy again!

Horrendous. The product applied streaky and dried out my lips. Worst of all, it made my lips stick together, like paste!

Love this! It's exactly what I was looking for. I have a new job where I often work 6 hours without a break, and have to do a lot of talking. I don't have the opportunity to be touching up my lips. I had resigned myself to having to be happy just using a lip balm or something else without color, but I don't like to go without lip color. I am a lipstick junkie, I need it! I bought this in Nude. My lips feel a bit dry as this dries after you put it on, but I don't notice that it is actually drying my lips out--as in, later in the day when I am not wearing it, my lips don't seem any drier than they did before I started using this. It really, really lasts. It looks as good at the end of my shift as it does when I put it on. Nude is a great neutral that gives me the look of a "done" lip, without being too done. I don't have trouble getting it off when I want it to come off--I just take a napkin or tissue and wipe it off. Maybe the brighter colors leave a stain on, I don't know. I don't apply a thick coat of it, just lightly apply it. I'm so happy I tried it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

AWFUL. *sigh*. The color I chose was "Top Tier Truffle". This was a waste and hopefuly I can return it. I purchased this on clearance and I thought I was getting a deal because it was under $3. I had never ever tried any Revlon cosmetics before. I debated on getting this because I was obsessiong over what the true color would be against my skin tone and it was a little hard to tell in the tube. Once I actually got to try it on my lips, what a colossal mistake. This mess is horrible. Although it's a liquid lipstick, I was under the impression that it would be somewhat glossy and moisturizing. Wrong. This applied somewhat easily on my lips but then the color was like a copper tone. It felt and looked very dry on my lips. I immediately began attempting to wash it off. This crap would not budge, it was as if I had glued it onto my lips. I was using a wet paper towel and still nothing. I had to wipe really hard and it still left traces of color and a stain. Ghastly! Makes me hesitant about making any further Revlon purchases.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the color, and it is somewhat long-lasting, but generally this product is not a great long-wearing lipstick. It is pretty flaky, does not come with a moisturizing gloss, and somehow always seems to end up on my teeth. I guess I just don't like the formula.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Like all longwear products this will not impart moister the lips so don't expect it to act like a band-aid for your already dry lips like most lipstick do.

It wears like a Lip Tar although a tad more sheerer. The longwear ingreident is dimethicone in this that make it a bit tacky when your press your lips together but it's not that sticky when you press your lip to something else like a drinking glass. I notice a tiny bit of colour fade after 16 hour but the product over stay the same even consistency.

Also if your looking for a longwear blush try these out with a brush. ^_^

definitely long lasting. i just gave it a 4 rating because its expensive when u buy it here in our country, but i guess its worth the money for being long lasting and the packaging is elegant looking.. the only cons for me is that when applied on my lips there's a pasty feeling, kinda like sticky and its hard to remove afterwards. But over all its a great lipstick and i would probably purchase a red color because i already have the pink color....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think I've figured out the trick. The first time I used this, I was not impressed, but when I tried it again, I got much better results.
First, do NOT put anything on your lips prior to using this. This includes lip balm! My advice would be to moisturize your lips the night before, so they are smooth and prepped.
Next, line your lips with a corresponding shade of liner, but do not fill them in with the liner. (This isn't totally necessary, but I found it helpful since there's no fixing your mistakes once you have this lipstick on).
Now wipe the excess from the doe foot applicator off onto the lid of the tube, and apply a thin layer to your lips.
After you've applied the lipstick, do NOT rub your lips together or touch them! Keep your mouth open as long as you can stand it so that the lipstick has a chance to dry completely.
Finally, do not put anything (balm, gloss, etc) over top of it.

Can it be drying? Sure. But if you truly want a long-lasting lipstick, that's the price you must pay. I've tried them all, and although I do like the comfort that the seperate top coat gives you with other long-lasting lipsticks, this stuff is still pretty darn good.

Lastly, to remove, I use a drop or two of jojoba oil on a cotton ball, and it comes right off.

Don't use on dry lips. You also can't use stains very well (which are drying), or matte lipsticks (which are drying). On my lips, which are not dry, I applied a thin coat. The color took a while to "set". Afterwards, it felt tacky, and the tacky feeling did not go away. Neither did the color. In 24 hours of eating, drinking, talking. It stayed like a stain. I bought it despite negative reviews because it was on sale for $2 for a pretty rose/mauve shade. I think I will continue to use it, topped with a little lipbalm to avoid the tacky feel. People, stop putting lipgloss on top. It's not meant to work with lipgloss and the lipgloss causes the color to start breaking down. I don't understand why people who use products not as intended get mad when the results aren't what was originally claimed. This is in fact a very long lasting liquid lipstick. For that, I give it 4 stars, because it does what it promises but the tacky feeling is NOT pleasant. The tube is classy and the applicator, while not terrific, is pretty ok.

Recommended for Medium Skin