Simple Light Moisturiser

3.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Mica, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Serine, Sorbitol, Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin

on 5/9/2013 12:29:00 AM

I really liked this product at first. It was nice and light and non greasy, sort of a gel texture. It has a light suncreen-y smell that goes away after you apply it. But within a week and a half, my forehead and cheeks started getting little red blemishes and I noticed my blackheads flaring up. Sadly, I'm going to have to return it. Such a shame since the formula was so nice.

EDIT: I'm trying to finish up the bottle, so I'm using it sparingly mixed with my foundation to sheer it out. It works surprisingly well with that.

on 5/8/2013 11:49:00 PM

I'll start out by saying that I have sensitive skin and this might be the reason why I don't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. Something about this my skin just did not like and I began to break out from it. I went down my Skincare regime and found this was making my skin red and hot. Unfortunately, it's on to the next one and this one is on to a friend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love how simple is so gentle on the skin! It leaves my skin feeling so moisturised and soft!!! I can't decided weather I should use it every day because I am worried about the cream glogging my pours. Can anyone give me any information about the simple cream?????

on 4/6/2013 11:07:00 PM

I have been using the Hydrating light moisturizer and it is wonderful !. I have had sensitive skin all my life and its great to finally find something that does not make me itch in any way.

It does not have any kind of a greasy feel and absorbs quickly. This will definitely be a staple in my beauty bag from now on.

on 4/4/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had been using Clinique DDML for almost ten years and in the interest of adding an SPF to my daily routine, as well as saving money, I switched to the Olay Daily Lotion for Sensitive Skin with SPF 15. It worked fine, but the SPF often caused my eyes to water and burn, and it wasn't quite as moisturizing as I needed it to be, leaving me with a few visibly dry patches. I decided to try this, as it sounded really good and had great reviews on Target's website (but none on here, yet!).

This is a great lotion for those with sensitive (but not acne-prone) skin. The SPF never stings or burns and you can't even tell it is there - no white film left behind. I do use it around/on my eyelids and no problems. It has a bit of a sunblock scent the first few uses but it's not strong/bothersome and you stop noticing it pretty quickly with regular use. The lotion has an almost gel-like consistency, that isn't thick, oily or gloppy at all. This stuff absorbs quickly, is a great base for makeup and moisturizes very well (no dry patches)! At only $10, this lotion is affordable but has the quality of a department store product.

A word of warning, though, for those with acne-prone skin. This, like many moisturizers (unfortunately) contains Cetyl alcohol, which is often a trigger ingredient for breakouts. I have discontinued using this because of that (and a few other ingredients that can cause acne) but this would still be a great moisturizer for people who don't have those types of skin issues (you lucky ones!).

on 4/1/2013 3:19:00 PM

I wouldn't buy this product because in the winter I usually have a bit of dry skin around my cheeks and forehead. This moisturiser didn't help one bit, it has an awful texture and just slipped off my face through the day. I tried using it again because I thought it would be better when my dry skin has gone, sadly though it didn't work, a really bad moisturiser.

on 3/18/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Simple is my old reliable friend and I love their products, so easy and gentle on the skin - no worries about break outs or clogged pores, even tightened skin.

This and the rich moisturisers have got to be my favourite products because applying it onto my skin is so relaxing and I can definitely feel the moisturiser working as it hydrates my skin. I also think that they had SPF in the moisturiser which is a huge plus (I might be wrong though but I'm sure one of Simple's moisturisers do).

I was a bit wary of the price, it was pretty small for the price of 1.99 which I realised is actually a great price for the value of it - I got a few months out of it and I was not the only person using it in my house.

If you're looking for an easy, cheap and reliable moisturiser this is the one for you. No break outs or clogged pores, you can't go wrong with that!

on 3/13/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I don't really know how simple could be the "sensitive skin experts". i have litterally been using this moisturizer for only a week and i have a full face of red angry irritation bumbs and dry patches. there is not a place on my face that isnt burning and bumpy. i've never had a moistuizer irritate my skin to this point, let alone a moisturizer targeted directly towards sensitive skin. i'm very dissapointed in this moisturizer, considering how much i wanted to love it. this may be good for people with oily, non-sensitive skin, but sensitive skin types, beware.

on 3/10/2013 6:58:00 PM

Sigh... I so wanted this to be my holy grail moisturizer but alas, I got a reaction to it.

I don't think it is a bad product, per se, but there is something in it that my skin did not like.

on 3/10/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE this moisturizer! Since I have oily skin, many moisturizers I tried before made my skin feel heavy. Simple's light moisturizer has totally changed my skin for the better :) Totally recommend it.

Popular Moisturizers