October 25, 2014 | 1437 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So if I told you i am part crocodile.......would you believe me?

Well maybe not part crocodile in real life, but that is exactly how I feel in the winter with my crazy dry skin.

After doing some research on CeraVe I decided to give it a shot. Boy am I glad I did.
I am usually very hesitant to wash my face with cream like cleansers bc I wear a full coverage foundations and want to make sure it is all OFF by the time I got to bed.

I must say I am veeeeeery impressed, not just because of the research behind the ingredients, and the mix of ingredients itself, but at the fact that there is truly no trace of foundation nor flaky skin on my face after using this. No tightness, no irritation, no outbreaks. I have been using this for the past 2 months.

I also have a 13 year old son, who I must add, is also part alligator and is battling with huge pimples on his nose on and off due to puberty. I have him using this cleanser twice a day and spot treating with BP. This has made a huge difference in the overall appearance of his skin. Face cleared and hydrated, pimples diminished!

I am so happy with this purchase that after using it for the first few days, I ran to ULTA and bought 2 back ups. This has quickly become a HG for me and my son.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on its cult status and my desire for a "gentle" cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. I remove my makeup with Clinique's "take the day off" cleansing balm (which I LOVE!) then I pump some CeraVe onto my Clarisonic and use it to cleanse my face. The first couple of nights were fine. After about a week, the CeraVe stung my face so badly I couldn't rinse it off fast enough! I have never experienced anything like this sensation!! It felt as though my face were on fire!! I don't have particularly sensitive skin. Use Paula's Choice Retinol every night. I use glycolics and Salicylic acid. My skin can tolerate quite a bit. I have no clue what causes this. I can use CeraVe in the morning with no burning...with the Clarisonic it is a definite no-go. I won't repurchase. Aside from my reaction, there is nothing ground breaking here.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jenreynolds1221

Caused a major breakout with cystic acne. I liked it b/c it did add moisture but not worth dealing with the 4 big cystic zits it caused. I've been fighting this now for a few weeks and it's ruined my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is fantastic. It completely hydrated my skin within days after my Philosophy Clear Days Ahead dried me out completely. I was worried that this would do nothing for my breakouts but it actually helped! My skin was hydrated and my breakouts were drying up, I am beyond happy with this cleanser. The consistency really is like a lotion that just won't rub in. It's so great and I know my skin is clean after I use it. I typically use this in the morning or on no-foundation days (I use my Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil to take off my foundation). Overall this was an awesome buy that I'm extremely happy with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Instantly hydrated and plumps my skin.

YES! This is one of those products I buy before I even get near running out! My skin is normal to slightly dry at times. I massage this into my skin then lightly massage with a washcloth. I use a moisturizer, spf, and foundation and this removes it all. Not to sound dramatic, but this really did change how my skin looks and how I feel about it.

It instantly quinches my skin (lips included!) and never leaves my skin tight.

I also love the lotion, but love love the cleanser. I've been using this over a year. Nothing compares!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Kerrio247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this cleanser, but it's just not getting there and cleaning my skin like I want. It takes off make-up but it's not doing much else for me. I actually had a small break out on my chin, never happens with other cleansers, like Cetaphil. My skin is beginning to wrinkle and this is just not hydrating me after a whole month of use. I'm going back to Cetaphil until something new comes along.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that gets red easily. Unfortunately, this has Cetearyl Alcohol (Comedogenic = 2, Irriant = 1, and Steryl Alcohol (Comedogenic = 2, Irriant = 2). I think due to these ingredients my face became red along with small pimple breakouts on my neck and especially my forehead. I think CerVe may have changed the formula since I don't remember my last bottle doing this to my skin.

Lastly, this cleanser is quite expensive for a drugstore brand. I think I might have payed about $12 and that was at Target.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Lorel1

Update: Loved this cleanser at first, but eventually caused my skin to break out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been a Master Esthetician for 15 years, and have worked for some great Dermatologists. I also wrote a similar post on Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser, because people seem to have some confusion over these kind of lotion like cleansers. They are mainly meant for people with dry, and/or sensitive skin. They are also recommended for people with eczema quite frequently because of how it leaves your skin. Dry skin needs the extra moisture from this kind of cleanser, just because it doesn't "lather" or "foam" doesn't mean it's not doing its job cleansing the skin. If you have oily skin get more of a "foaming" cleanser to remove oil. Also I recommend another product like Neutrogena facial wipes to remove makeup first, so it can be out of the way to cleanse the skin better, and to use less product. That's true for any cleanser even though it says it removes makeup. This really is a great product. If for some reason it doesn't work for you, you're not out a lot of money. You should go see an Esthetician or Dermatologist to see what kind of skin you really have, as people get it wrong all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! It doesn't leave my skin dry and I can use it both day and night. I previously only used cleansers at night because they were too drying for the morning. It doesn't have an overbearing smell which I like. It has a bit of a thicker consistency comparing to other cleansers I've tried before. If your comparing the consistency to cetaphil, it's pretty similar although cetaphil is more runny. The first day I tried it I actually thought I bought the cerave lotion instead since the packaging is so similar.