December 20, 2014 | 1593 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This burns my skin on contact. Probably the alcohol in it. Don't understand how it's suppose to be gentle and hydrating. It makes my skin red and dry. I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

CereVe makes a product dermatologists love and recommend! It is so mild...and it makes your face feel smooth and clean. I give their cleanser and moistener an a plus!! Priced quite reasonably, as well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

I really wanted to like this product as I have used the lotion for years. However, it burned when I applied it to my skin. I gave it 3 tries and had the same reaction each time. My skin has been very dehydrated recently which is causing mild breakouts and this seemed to be very popular so I thought I would try it. Maybe my skin is just in a bad way right now. Maybe I will give it a try at another time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bobbywoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser over a year now and love it. I have sensitive, dehydrated skin with mild rosacea. This is a gentle, hydrating cleanser that does not irritate any of my conditions. In my past experience with other cleansers my skin tightens up and becomes dry after using, CeraVe Hydrating does not do this to me. It will not remove makeup or heavy suncreens, I use a carrier oil for that task.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This is a very good cleanser once you've removed most of your make-up - it's a liquid consistency and very cooling for sensitive skin. The amount you get makes it very good value and the packaging is functional and very basic. It comes with a pump. I use it in the shower with my Clarisonic as I don't find it as effective otherwise. You have to follow with a toner as there is a very slight residue but it's easily removed. I'm not sure I'd buy it again but for sensitive skin it's a very good option as it doesn't flare up or dry out my sensitive/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I'm a huge fan of this cleanser and use it almost exclusively when using my Clarisonic Mia (I only use the delicate brush heads). I find that this cleanser creates an almost "cushion" when using the Clarisonic, so I get all of the cleaning benefits and gentle exfoliation, with no harsh effects from the Clarisonic. I wet my face, then massage one pump of the Cerave cleanser all over my skin. To the Clarisonic brush head I apply two big drops of L'Oreal 360 Cream Cleanser and two pumps of the Cerave Hydrating cleanser, briefly work this mixture into the brush head, then carry on with the Clarisonic. Using this method and combination of cleansers, I've been able to use my Clarisonic once daily with no bad effects, whereas when I've used other cleansers (especially when using just foaming cleansers and no Cerave) I was only able to use my Clarisonic 2-3 times per week or less, because my skin was being over-exfoliated. The cerave Hydrating Cleanser is a great product that I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have dry skin and this cleanser does a great job of cleaning while not drying me out completely. It's a hair more expensive than the average Neutrogena cleanser (or similar brands), but you get plenty of product and it works very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So if I told you i am part crocodile.......would you believe me?

Well maybe not part crocodile in real life, but that is exactly how I feel in the winter with my crazy dry skin.

After doing some research on CeraVe I decided to give it a shot. Boy am I glad I did.
I am usually very hesitant to wash my face with cream like cleansers bc I wear a full coverage foundations and want to make sure it is all OFF by the time I got to bed.

I must say I am veeeeeery impressed, not just because of the research behind the ingredients, and the mix of ingredients itself, but at the fact that there is truly no trace of foundation nor flaky skin on my face after using this. No tightness, no irritation, no outbreaks. I have been using this for the past 2 months.

I also have a 13 year old son, who I must add, is also part alligator and is battling with huge pimples on his nose on and off due to puberty. I have him using this cleanser twice a day and spot treating with BP. This has made a huge difference in the overall appearance of his skin. Face cleared and hydrated, pimples diminished!

I am so happy with this purchase that after using it for the first few days, I ran to ULTA and bought 2 back ups. This has quickly become a HG for me and my son.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on its cult status and my desire for a "gentle" cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. I remove my makeup with Clinique's "take the day off" cleansing balm (which I LOVE!) then I pump some CeraVe onto my Clarisonic and use it to cleanse my face. The first couple of nights were fine. After about a week, the CeraVe stung my face so badly I couldn't rinse it off fast enough! I have never experienced anything like this sensation!! It felt as though my face were on fire!! I don't have particularly sensitive skin. Use Paula's Choice Retinol every night. I use glycolics and Salicylic acid. My skin can tolerate quite a bit. I have no clue what causes this. I can use CeraVe in the morning with no burning...with the Clarisonic it is a definite no-go. I won't repurchase. Aside from my reaction, there is nothing ground breaking here.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jenreynolds1221

Caused a major breakout with cystic acne. I liked it b/c it did add moisture but not worth dealing with the 4 big cystic zits it caused. I've been fighting this now for a few weeks and it's ruined my skin.