November 20, 2014 | 1995 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This is a very good cleanser once you've removed most of your make-up - it's a liquid consistency and very cooling for sensitive skin. The amount you get makes it very good value and the packaging is functional and very basic. It comes with a pump. I use it in the shower with my Clarisonic as I don't find it as effective otherwise. You have to follow with a toner as there is a very slight residue but it's easily removed. I'm not sure I'd buy it again but for sensitive skin it's a very good option as it doesn't flare up or dry out my sensitive/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I'm a huge fan of this cleanser and use it almost exclusively when using my Clarisonic Mia (I only use the delicate brush heads). I find that this cleanser creates an almost "cushion" when using the Clarisonic, so I get all of the cleaning benefits and gentle exfoliation, with no harsh effects from the Clarisonic. I wet my face, then massage one pump of the Cerave cleanser all over my skin. To the Clarisonic brush head I apply two big drops of L'Oreal 360 Cream Cleanser and two pumps of the Cerave Hydrating cleanser, briefly work this mixture into the brush head, then carry on with the Clarisonic. Using this method and combination of cleansers, I've been able to use my Clarisonic once daily with no bad effects, whereas when I've used other cleansers (especially when using just foaming cleansers and no Cerave) I was only able to use my Clarisonic 2-3 times per week or less, because my skin was being over-exfoliated. The cerave Hydrating Cleanser is a great product that I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have dry skin and this cleanser does a great job of cleaning while not drying me out completely. It's a hair more expensive than the average Neutrogena cleanser (or similar brands), but you get plenty of product and it works very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So if I told you i am part crocodile.......would you believe me?

Well maybe not part crocodile in real life, but that is exactly how I feel in the winter with my crazy dry skin.

After doing some research on CeraVe I decided to give it a shot. Boy am I glad I did.
I am usually very hesitant to wash my face with cream like cleansers bc I wear a full coverage foundations and want to make sure it is all OFF by the time I got to bed.

I must say I am veeeeeery impressed, not just because of the research behind the ingredients, and the mix of ingredients itself, but at the fact that there is truly no trace of foundation nor flaky skin on my face after using this. No tightness, no irritation, no outbreaks. I have been using this for the past 2 months.

I also have a 13 year old son, who I must add, is also part alligator and is battling with huge pimples on his nose on and off due to puberty. I have him using this cleanser twice a day and spot treating with BP. This has made a huge difference in the overall appearance of his skin. Face cleared and hydrated, pimples diminished!

I am so happy with this purchase that after using it for the first few days, I ran to ULTA and bought 2 back ups. This has quickly become a HG for me and my son.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on its cult status and my desire for a "gentle" cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. I remove my makeup with Clinique's "take the day off" cleansing balm (which I LOVE!) then I pump some CeraVe onto my Clarisonic and use it to cleanse my face. The first couple of nights were fine. After about a week, the CeraVe stung my face so badly I couldn't rinse it off fast enough! I have never experienced anything like this sensation!! It felt as though my face were on fire!! I don't have particularly sensitive skin. Use Paula's Choice Retinol every night. I use glycolics and Salicylic acid. My skin can tolerate quite a bit. I have no clue what causes this. I can use CeraVe in the morning with no burning...with the Clarisonic it is a definite no-go. I won't repurchase. Aside from my reaction, there is nothing ground breaking here.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jenreynolds1221

Caused a major breakout with cystic acne. I liked it b/c it did add moisture but not worth dealing with the 4 big cystic zits it caused. I've been fighting this now for a few weeks and it's ruined my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is fantastic. It completely hydrated my skin within days after my Philosophy Clear Days Ahead dried me out completely. I was worried that this would do nothing for my breakouts but it actually helped! My skin was hydrated and my breakouts were drying up, I am beyond happy with this cleanser. The consistency really is like a lotion that just won't rub in. It's so great and I know my skin is clean after I use it. I typically use this in the morning or on no-foundation days (I use my Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil to take off my foundation). Overall this was an awesome buy that I'm extremely happy with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Instantly hydrated and plumps my skin.

YES! This is one of those products I buy before I even get near running out! My skin is normal to slightly dry at times. I massage this into my skin then lightly massage with a washcloth. I use a moisturizer, spf, and foundation and this removes it all. Not to sound dramatic, but this really did change how my skin looks and how I feel about it.

It instantly quinches my skin (lips included!) and never leaves my skin tight.

I also love the lotion, but love love the cleanser. I've been using this over a year. Nothing compares!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Kerrio247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this cleanser, but it's just not getting there and cleaning my skin like I want. It takes off make-up but it's not doing much else for me. I actually had a small break out on my chin, never happens with other cleansers, like Cetaphil. My skin is beginning to wrinkle and this is just not hydrating me after a whole month of use. I'm going back to Cetaphil until something new comes along.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that gets red easily. Unfortunately, this has Cetearyl Alcohol (Comedogenic = 2, Irriant = 1, and Steryl Alcohol (Comedogenic = 2, Irriant = 2). I think due to these ingredients my face became red along with small pimple breakouts on my neck and especially my forehead. I think CerVe may have changed the formula since I don't remember my last bottle doing this to my skin.

Lastly, this cleanser is quite expensive for a drugstore brand. I think I might have payed about $12 and that was at Target.