September 17, 2014 | 1957 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is fantastic. It completely hydrated my skin within days after my Philosophy Clear Days Ahead dried me out completely. I was worried that this would do nothing for my breakouts but it actually helped! My skin was hydrated and my breakouts were drying up, I am beyond happy with this cleanser. The consistency really is like a lotion that just won't rub in. It's so great and I know my skin is clean after I use it. I typically use this in the morning or on no-foundation days (I use my Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil to take off my foundation). Overall this was an awesome buy that I'm extremely happy with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Instantly hydrated and plumps my skin.

YES! This is one of those products I buy before I even get near running out! My skin is normal to slightly dry at times. I massage this into my skin then lightly massage with a washcloth. I use a moisturizer, spf, and foundation and this removes it all. Not to sound dramatic, but this really did change how my skin looks and how I feel about it.

It instantly quinches my skin (lips included!) and never leaves my skin tight.

I also love the lotion, but love love the cleanser. I've been using this over a year. Nothing compares!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Kerrio247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this cleanser, but it's just not getting there and cleaning my skin like I want. It takes off make-up but it's not doing much else for me. I actually had a small break out on my chin, never happens with other cleansers, like Cetaphil. My skin is beginning to wrinkle and this is just not hydrating me after a whole month of use. I'm going back to Cetaphil until something new comes along.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that gets red easily. Unfortunately, this has Cetearyl Alcohol (Comedogenic = 2, Irriant = 1, and Steryl Alcohol (Comedogenic = 2, Irriant = 2). I think due to these ingredients my face became red along with small pimple breakouts on my neck and especially my forehead. I think CerVe may have changed the formula since I don't remember my last bottle doing this to my skin.

Lastly, this cleanser is quite expensive for a drugstore brand. I think I might have payed about $12 and that was at Target.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Lorel1

Update: Loved this cleanser at first, but eventually caused my skin to break out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been a Master Esthetician for 15 years, and have worked for some great Dermatologists. I also wrote a similar post on Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser, because people seem to have some confusion over these kind of lotion like cleansers. They are mainly meant for people with dry, and/or sensitive skin. They are also recommended for people with eczema quite frequently because of how it leaves your skin. Dry skin needs the extra moisture from this kind of cleanser, just because it doesn't "lather" or "foam" doesn't mean it's not doing its job cleansing the skin. If you have oily skin get more of a "foaming" cleanser to remove oil. Also I recommend another product like Neutrogena facial wipes to remove makeup first, so it can be out of the way to cleanse the skin better, and to use less product. That's true for any cleanser even though it says it removes makeup. This really is a great product. If for some reason it doesn't work for you, you're not out a lot of money. You should go see an Esthetician or Dermatologist to see what kind of skin you really have, as people get it wrong all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! It doesn't leave my skin dry and I can use it both day and night. I previously only used cleansers at night because they were too drying for the morning. It doesn't have an overbearing smell which I like. It has a bit of a thicker consistency comparing to other cleansers I've tried before. If your comparing the consistency to cetaphil, it's pretty similar although cetaphil is more runny. The first day I tried it I actually thought I bought the cerave lotion instead since the packaging is so similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Princessadalinee

This is a must have for me.
i just adore cerave's products.
they all work so great.
i havent been breaking out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by 2fit2quit3456

I usually don't write too many reviews and I "lurk" but when I feel something needs credit or "discredit", I feel it would be a disservice not to state it to you all after everything I read on this site.

This is by far my favorite "gentle" face wash". I don't get bad acne any more so I don't find a need to medicate up my face heavily. I would prefer to keep gentle products on my face that are effective and stack products on top of cerave.

First off: I do like Cerave better than Cetaphil. They are similar in texture and as products but Cerave just makes me look better and I am sure of it. I have experimented a lot between the two and know this is the better one definitely.

One thing I do recommend when applying Cerave is to use a washcloth and really gently scrub and let it sit for 50-60 seconds. It isn't going to hurt your face because it is so gentle.

Price: about 20 dollars for a bottle that lasts a few months. Not the best price but not bad by any means. Definitely worth the cost

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In comparison to Cetaphil, this is thicker and less runny. It looks exactly like a lotion - so much so that I double checked the label when I first used it.

It was a really nice, gentle cleanser. I think it would be great for morning use or on no make-up/sunscreen days. The bottle is huge so it lasts a long time and is a good value for the money.

Sadly, it did end up clogging me, which was a shame because I really did like it. Since I can't use it on my face, my 5 year old son uses it when he bathes. The pump dispenser is easy enough for him to work with and the product does not irritate his sensitive eczema-prone skin. So I may still repurchase it for him.