July 31, 2014 | 1734 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I really enjoy this product. I find it doesn't transfer easily and has quite good coverage without being cakey. Sucks that it's so expensive but i haven't found any other powder that does the job like this one. The packaging I also like because I've dropped it several times, oops, but it doesn't have a single crack, the brush and sponge that come with it are also quite useful if you have no other tools.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bkbench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this powder for soem time. It goes on with a flat mon shaped bursh so you glide it on as opposed to brushing it on. It smoothes your skin and gives the appearance of smooth and prefect skin. However, it is very expensive (40.00). Not sure if it is definately worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Megzmuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first high end purchase of makeup and I have to say I'm in love! I have fairly oily skins and I find other brands will cake or simply slide off my skin. This compact is in an adorable handy little compact and rarely needs any touch ups. I can go all day and forget I'm even wearing makeup because it is so light. If you have clear, but oily skin this is an excellent product for you. Neat little tip, if you have oily skin and dry flakey skin at the same time, a little olive oil mixed with sugar will exfoliate and cure both problems while you wash before applying makeup. Just a handy tip. A makeup artist once told me this: that oil actually dissolves oil. So it is best if you have oily skin to use an oil based moisturizer apparently.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by goldneye

LOVE this powder. Its a powder that is almost like a foundation. All day staying power and covers great. (*Did buy a color that is too light but it works.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Ckreger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this all by itself over moisturizer. Coverage is great, but not heavy at all. Pretty long lasting as well. I carry a compact with shine control powder for touch- ups and the combo lasts me all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by xKamilax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Im on my 3 one of these! This powder is simply AMAZING! I bought this with the foundation which I hated.. But I then decided to try the powder with a different foundation! I LOVE IT. It gives a Medium-Full coverage and its definitely build-able! I use the sponge because I find that if I use a brush I run out really really quickly! Its a very long lasting product on the face I do not get oily at all during the day! Dont need to touch up!
Im the shade Champagne

+ Long Lasting on the face
+ Medium- Full Coverage
+ The packaging is gorgeous
+ Sponge and Brush included with the powder

- The powder doesnt last long :( have to repurchase it
- Its a little pricey for the amount you get

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by paradisecircus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder worked really well for me. Personally, what I look for in a powder is decent coverage without looking dry or powdery, a nice texture and the right shade. In comparison to other powders I've tried, this one gives a good bit of coverage but the texture could be a bit finer. As an example, I really loved the texture of Cargo Blu Ray powder but none of their shades were quite right for me. However, to me the difference between the two powders is not too dramatic. Benefit's powder still has a nice velvety texture though. It's not too densely pressed so you pick up a good bit of product when applying, allowing for a medium coverage result. The downside to this would be that brushes kick up a lot of loose product. The thin brush included isn't very useful imo unless there's no other alternative. The insert included says to use the sponge for more coverage, the brush for light, natural coverage but I see no difference using the two. Also, I find that this powder works better as a coverage powder as opposed to one for shine or finishing. I wouldn't consider this very good for controlling oil/shine. For those needs, I prefer L'oreal True Match pressed powder. My application process is to apply all over on top of sunscreen with a big kubuki brush and then gently patting my skin with clean hands to minimize that powdered look or when I have it, lightly mist my face with a setting spray. For reference, I'm Asian with a light to medium skin tone, combo/dry, a little redness on the cheeks, some brown spots on cheekbones, purchased this powder in Petal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by missidek

Ok, so over the years I've tried at least 30 different powders. I *really* wanted to like this one. BeneFit had been recommended to me by more than one person and I was lead to believe, though expensive, it was the best quality powder you could buy that would give you flawless "camera-ready" coverage. I WANTED to have found my dream powder but erm, I most definitely did not.

Now, I do understand that everyone's skin is different so therefore, individual people may turn different results but for me, it was NOT worth what I paid.
The pros would be that it goes on smoothly and I would say the colour matched my skin tone fairly well. As well, I've heard people claiming that it didn't give very good coverage but I actually thought it wasn't bad in that regard - not too light, not too heavy, imo.
But the cons - well, I'll start with the biggest, that is also, unfortunately, the most important in a powder, imo: it does not blend into your skin. AT ALL. There are two basic reasons I want a powder: 1) to set my liquid foundation and 2) to even out the skin tone a bit more. What I DON'T want is something that just sits on top of your skin all day long. I DON'T want one that you CAN SEE when you look in the mirror - even after it's had time to sink in! I've had cheaper drugstore brands that blend better than this one! Another con would be that it doesn't control oil like I was told it would. I was shiny about 2 hours after application and though I do have combination skin, it isn't insanely oily to the point where it wouldn't matter what powder I use. I've tried other brands that were much more effective for shine-control. Also, I found that it did cake in places.
Anyway, I'm certainly never re-purchasing this powder. I don't even want to finish using the one I've bought! It's over-priced for less-than-adequate quality. Not sure if this helps anyone, but I just thought I'd share my opinion.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by darlingvikki2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

new HG powder. this was one of my first higher end makeup purchases and i'm glad i did it. i bought this in Honey. i wear a light coat over urban decay naked skin foundation (5.0). i dont use too much of it because i have fairly good skin now.i'm not too sure how well this would work with someone with problematic skin but to someone with normal skin, it's seriously amazing! love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by cmariao

I have been using Hello Flawless for about over a year now and I love it because I am not a woman that likes too much makeup, I do love the soft clean finished look. I love this product but the cons that are making me change foundations are the lasting coverage, after only a couple of hours it looks like I have no foundation and just blush on. And the other is that is pretty pricey. Sucks because I have worn it for so long because I love how it looks when I first apply.